S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

pathfinderq1

First Post
Somewhere between the House enclave and the ship, the oddly-dressed halfling woman seemed to have vanished- at least from sight. From time to time, she would chuckle or offer aterse observation, so she was still there, she just remained invisible. Once they had piled aboard the ship, she stowed what little gear she had and made her way out onto the deck, looking the place over- she had never been on a real Lyrandar airship before...

"Never mind getting a scent, either," her soft voice intruded. "If we're going to be running around in giant-land together, I think we're all going to want a good idea of what our specialties are. We've got what, a few days to put together a solid team out of some probably skilled but unknown partners- and once we get into the wild we'll have little room for mistakes..." She sounded curious and excited, but not worried.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Gettin' the scent is a bleeding expression ya loons!" she grumbles, and nods a little the halfling shadow-shape-voice-thingy. "That's what I'm talking about. I wanna know what some of ye are good for."

Once people have managed to get themselves settled, Morika can be found on the deck, enjoying the air with a faint relaxed expression.

"So, yer all a bunch of bloody geniuses, from what ye were all talking about. Me, I'm a Reacher druid. Fought in the war for fer piece of years, defending me and my patch of land from all comers, monsters and armies. I'm a fair good fighter, gorebrute shifter if that means anything to ya. Land's power runs strong in my family, and storms answer my call if I ask it. Land empowers me, lends me and mine healing and strength, and I have eagle's eyes and fox's ears for seeing prey." With that she falls silent, crouched low, nearly on all fours, and looks at the others expectantly.

OOC: Morika has ram's horns when she shifts, and has a vaguely ram/goat-like cast to her features, stubborn and thick-headed.

drothgery

First Post
After exchanging pleasantries with the captain and stowing her gear in a visiting officer's cabin, she went to join the others. But aboard an airship, she was at home. She'd spent the majority of her adult life on Lyrandar's airships, and most of her lfie before then trying to earn the right to be there.

"I'm Sanne Bacher d'Lyrandar, though I'm sure all of you guessed the last bit." The Khoravar woman said. Even if she wasn't dressed in the house uniform, her dragonmark showed clearly enough. As did her obvious familiarity with airships. "As to what I bring to the table for this expedition... well, the House hasn't seen it fit to grant me a command quite yet, so I don't bring my own airship, though if we happen need someone who is capable of commanding an elemental-powered vessel, I am. The air trade to Xen'drik has been where I've made my living -- other Khoravar can handle the safe runs from Sharn to Stormhome. I've more than a little skill in negotiation and speak the giant tongue -- which may be handy here. I know a little about working with arcane devices, though nowhere near enough to be called any kind of artificer. And, if the giants seem disinclined to talk, well, I am a more than fair hand with a blade as well, at least if there's room to do more than stand around and hack away at each other.

"Does that answer your curiousity?"

Rhun

First Post
The elven archer stows his gear, making sure all is secure, and then returns to deck for the group's "meet and greet."

After hearing the other's introductions, he takes his turn. "I am Aeranduil Warraven, of the elves of Cirhiliar in the Towering Wood. I am considered one of the finest archers among my people, and I've spent many years hunting giants. You can be assured that I know how to handle their kind. I too speak their language, but have found that the only diplomacy that works well with them is that of the blade. Or the arrow, as the case may be. I am also adept at stealth, and can serve as an able scout should the need arise."

pathfinderq1

First Post
"i think scouting will come into it, hopefully far more than straight-up fighting will," the halfling's voice opined. "Giants are pretty tough, and even with careful exploration we'll probably have enough killing to satisfy the most bloodthirsty folk- there's no sense going out of our way to look for battles we don't need to fight." There is a soft rustle of moving air, and the source of the voice moves with it, though only the keenest ears can trace the passage of footsteps even at this close a range. "I'm Ipshivi, called the spider by some, and I'm a scout by trade- I'd have to say I'm pretty good at it. I've some understanding of arcane magics as well, though mostly things that add to my skills at moving unnoticed."

Voadam

Legend
The silver-haired bear of a man in black robes gives a salutory nod of his head and says "Greetings and well-met. I am called Voadam the Green Wizard of Althora. Of late I have hunted demons, cultists, and undead, though I have had experience killing a cloud giant atop a sky castle. Nasty work that was that would not have gone well if I had been alone and not had my since-deceased svirfneblin warrior companion by my side at the time. I plan to prepare magics of investigation, stealth, and for the event we enter into direct combat, terrain control to keep the giant's at bay so we may focus our attentions on single combatants at a time." He draws a wand from his green sash "I also bear magics to allow entry to locked or warded chambers, a tool I found useful in past endeavors."

He turns to the Half-Elf "Bacher, If you would be agreeable I would like to talk with you about the magics of the airship later. I would have thought that elemental bindings for sky ships would use air elementals but the ring of fire suggests otherwise and I would be interested in hearing the specifics."

"But to return to the topic of our gathering, it appears that someone in Xendrik has united giants into mixed raiding parties, provided magical support, and now desires dragonshards. Most hostile giants we encounter I would expect to be nonmagical warriors, but there will be some opponents who require magical countermeasures, depending on their skill in the arts."

drothgery

First Post
Voadam said:
He turns to the Half-Elf "Bacher, If you would be agreeable I would like to talk with you about the magics of the airship later. I would have thought that elemental bindings for sky ships would use air elementals but the ring of fire suggests otherwise and I would be interested in hearing the specifics."

"Sanne, please." She said. "I'm afraid I can explain little. There are those who say they can explain the hows and whys of Dragonmarks, but I am not among them; manifesting mine let me persue my dream -- only one with the Mark of Storm can become a Windwright Captain -- but I learned to use its power, not the theory behind them."

hero4hire

Explorer
"Alright then..." The Gnome said, obviously uncomfortable with the Getting to Know You session, but seeing the wisdom in knowing what eachother can do. "Ah'ma guessin' its my turn. Jaxel Wyldwanderer, most times I work as a courier or a guide. When something or someone needs to be gettin' somewhere dangerous I am the Gnome ta call. My spesh-ee-all-it-tee..." he pauses as his tongue trips over the word. "Wayfindin' in the Giant Lands. That means I can scrap, track and cuss with the best o' them. I especially likes a good scrap with the Bigguns!" he puncuates his statement with a devilish grin and clashing his paired tortoise blades together.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Morika grins a bit at the gnome's obvious enthusiasm and lack of airs. At the others, she listens... or at least seems to. For most of the other explanations she seems to be staring off into space.

"You can call me Morika. My clan's the Kevsecks." Said out loud, her clan name could draw a snicker out of the those who appreciate a simple joke, but guessing from Morika's combat-ready stance and heavy muscles, such a laugh might be one's last conscious act for a while.

"So it seems we got more sneakers than bruisers. That'll do, giants be a heavy bunch of hitters. I fought hill giants a few times, and a stone giant once, strong suckers. Us sneakery types be going up to see what trouble lies ahead, and then letting you mages and archers," she waves at Voadam and Aeranduil, "plug 'em full of holes when the time gets right. I doubt we're gonna be talking to slaughting giants though missy. If they be killing dragonmarked, you might be more target than most. Giants only respect strength!" Morika thumps her thigh with her fist at that. It might be that Morika only respects strength too, from that gesture.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
The halfork stood on deck staring out over the side to the waters below. He wore a simple dark gray tunic with the silhouette of a shadow dragon upon it. He stood ramrod still, his muscles bulging as he gripped the railing of the ship with both hands. As the introductions began and continued on behind him, he seemingly paid it no heed... at least until all the other seven members had finished their introductions. After a lull in the conversation, his voice is heard despite him not turning his head.

"I am Yoggrith M'groth... from the town of Ashland in the kingdom of Droaam. I am but a finger on the hand of The Shadow... but I serve my god willingly, ably, and purposefully. His body is my body... his power, my power... and I give and take life with the touch of my hand in his name. My fire giant Lord, Gorodan Ashlord, requested I accompany you to keep you all alive while we determine the problems that plague House Tharashk to the south.

If any of you have a problem receiving the aid of The Shadow, please let me know. I do not wish to waste the gifts granted to me on those who would not appreciate them. But for those of you who do not restrict yourselves to seeing the world in purely black and white... and are ameniable to the shades of gray that shadow all of us... I will use the blessings of my god to see that you accomplish your goals."

He then falls silent again.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases