S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil emerges from the undergrowth at Ipshivi's call. "I climb well enough," says the elf in response to Thanor's words. He smiles at the dwarf. "Better than a fully armored dwarf, at any rate."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Hearing the halfling's call, Yoggrith immediately moves forward at a steady and fast pace. He looks down into the pit and sees the gruesome sight. He turns back to the others and begins setting things in motion. "The guide might not have much time if he is indeed still alive. We have no time to lose if we are to keep him on this plane. Everyone must move quickly but calmly and there's a chance we might save him."

Ipshivi hands her rope to Thanor and prepares to check on the trap, but Yoggrith raises his hand to her. "We do not have the time to check on the trap before going to Ganyon... he is losing blood quickly and might only have seconds to live if he isn't dead already. Is anyone with some skill at climbing willing to go down to check on the guide before the trap is disarmed? It is dangerous but necessary. If not, I will do so."

When Aeranduil comes forward to say he will climb the rope... Yogrrith pulls out his wand of Cure Serious Wounds and hands it to him. "You can use this magic, can you not? Go down quickly and use it on him immediately... do not check to see if he first lives. He does not have the time for an examination. I do not mind wasting a charge of the wand if it turns out he's already dead... if it means shaving seconds off his rescue if he lives."

Yoggrith then moves behind Thanor and grabs and holds the rope as well, to give more of an anchor for Aeranduil's trip into the pit.

Rhun

First Post
Cure Serious Wounds is on the Ranger Spell List, so I believe Aeranduil can use the wand.

Taking the wand, the elf nods at Yoggrith. He stows his longbow, and then grabs hold of the rope and begins the desent, bracing against the wall as he goes.

Climb +6 vrs DC5

pathfinderq1

First Post
Ipshivi clucked a bit as Yoggrith and Aeranduil began their own rescue operation, but she was too occupied in her own preparations to voice further protest. A few words in very soft sing-song halfling drifted out as she set to work.

(In Halfling speech);[sblock]"If the elf falls in, the half-orc can fish him out. Really, which one of us is the trap expert..."[/sblock]

Voadam

Legend
Voadam steps back and gives the ranger room to work. His eyes widen and he then snarls "Curse me for a slow-thinking slackwit today." and stamps his foot, giant arctic owl feathers pop out of the sides of his boots and he takes to the air, the wide mouth of the pit large enough to encompass both him and the descending elf. He navigates down towards Ganyon and takes in the scene, his otherworldly silver flecked eyes piercing the darkness. "And curse the Queen for stealing my ranger magic."

s@squ@tch

First Post
The chaotic scene unfolds quickly, with each hero trying to save their guide the best way they know how.

The halfling goes to work inspecting the mechanism, which happens to be within a human sized arm reach of the surface. Noting her somewhat smaller arms, Ipshivi scales the wall much like a spider to get a closer look at the device.

[sblock=Ipshivi]
You ascertain that the substance on the mechanism is to protect it from the jungle elements, and does not radiate any magic to your warlock sight.
[/sblock]

Meanwhile Yoggrith and Aeranduil formulate a plan, where the bulky halfork would serve as an anchor for the nimble and light elf. Just about this time, Voadam's mind realizes that his boots are still on his feet, and quickly activates them, gathering up the unsuspecting elf before plunging downwards into the pit.

The sight is gruesome, indeed, as your eyes adjust to the dark conditions at the bottom of the pit -- Ganyon's body is pierced in several locations by sharpened branches and logs, haphazardly oriented to inflict the highest amount of damage to flesh and bone.

Ganyon's tongue lolls around in his agape mouth unconsciously, and his chest heaves slightly. Even an uneducated man could surmise that the life force was quickly fading from him.

Aeranduil quickly taps the wand to Ganyon and invokes the healing effects of the short baton. Many of the mans wounds seal, and his breathing takes on a more regular rhythm, a moment before his eyes shoot open.

"CRIKEY! Am I dead?" He barely gets out in a low, hoarse voice,"Wait -- I'm in da bottum ov da pit, ain't I? I shudda seen it......"

He coughs several times and reaches out his hand for help pulling himself up off of the spikes.

"Lenda man a hand, no?"

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Well, he is still alive," Ipshivi called cheerfully, sparing a glance downward as she thought about how to handle the trap mechanism. "Somebody is keeping watch up there, right?," she added, a bit more worriedly.

OOC: If it looks like the mechanism is likely to close the pit while people are still down there, Ipshivi will try to prevent that- otherwise she will leave it alone rather than risk exacerbating things.

s@squ@tch

First Post
pathfinderq1 said:
"Well, he is still alive," Ipshivi called cheerfully, sparing a glance downward as she thought about how to handle the trap mechanism. "Somebody is keeping watch up there, right?," she added, a bit more worriedly.

OOC: If it looks like the mechanism is likely to close the pit while people are still down there, Ipshivi will try to prevent that- otherwise she will leave it alone rather than risk exacerbating things.

[sblock=Ipshivi]
Your once-over on the device tells you that the only way the thing will move is to the close position.
[/sblock]

Remove ads