S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

pathfinderq1

First Post
"We can at least try to track them," Ipshivi agreed. "Even if we lose the trail, it will let us get a bit more familiar with the area. Then we can head back here for the night, and set a camp upstairs somewhere. If will be a lot more defensible than camping out in the open jungle, that is for sure. Does that work for everybody?"

OOC: My vote- try tracking/exploring for a while, then camp here, a floor or two up. Sound good?

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil nods and heads back toward the entrance. Moving outside, he begins looking for signs of the giants trail so that they can try to track them back to their lair.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Tracking Party

OOC: I see 3/5 have responded, so I am moving forward with this approach.

The group heads back to the main archway, with Aeranduil taking point.

He finds the tracks, of what he believes are the last group of giants to leave the building, noting that he thinks they numbered a couple dozen.

Morika moves up next to him and begins to help him out with her keen eyes and outdoor smarts.

The group heads off, at half speed (~ 1 mph) towards the south west -- crossing over a couple of canals as you exit the city.

Once more in the jungle, the tracks follow an erratic path. Aeranduil and Morika are able to track the giants well for quite a while -- roughly 3 hrs have passed since you left the 'Teeth, and you surmise that you've covered about 3 miles in total distance.

Then the trail goes cold. A worried look passes between the elf and shifter.

Ganyon, who had been content to follow behind, still smarting from the stark realization that his friends are not among the living anymore, comes out of his funk and steps to the front of the group.

"Aight, it be mah tern nah." He says as he gives the area a cursory look.

His eyes spot a palm frond that had fallen partially over and pushes it aside.

"Aye, ova 'ere, dey wint dis way."

So, now Morika and Aeranduil begin to help the Tharashk guide. The trail runs higher in elevation and the jungle starts to turn back into forest. A wet dampness can be felt.

Another mile and hour passes, where the tracks you were following run into a much more worn trail -- it looks like a well travelled path by giants. From here, Aeranduil and Morika surmise that tracking should be quite simple.

The gnome priest pulls out a hunk of cheese and a side of ham from his magical bag, along with a small keg of ale and one of water and quickly sets up a late afternoon snack.

About 4 hrs of daylight look to be left.

Ganyon takes a draught or two from the keg, along with the other guides, and they eat a quick meal.

"Aye reckon we aren't too far from 'ere dah giants wint. I'd say another couple o' hours and we'd be dere."

"You want tah press on, or 'ead back to tha 'Teeth?"

Voadam

Legend
"Head back and establish our camp in the daylight. Now that we know the way here our return in the morning will be swifter."

Redclaw

First Post
I hate ta be leavin' giants that have killed to escape us. They're out there somewhere, and we're needin' ta be killin' em, Thanor responds. I'm fer sleepin' in tha jungle if it gives us a chance ta make sure we get 'em. He shrugs, But I'm just here ta help ya wit' yer task. I'll be fine waitin', if ye think that best serves yer master.

s@squ@tch

First Post
OOC:
1 vote - go back and camp, look for giants in the morning
1 vote - press on and look for giants in the evening

Ipshivi, Aeranduil, Sanne, Yoggrith still left to do their civic duty. All hanging chad will be ignored.

Morika will abstain, as she is now a communist and abhores voting

drothgery

First Post
"I have to go with calling it a day, if we have a trail we're sure we can pick up on in the morning." Sanne said. "We can't find them, deal with them, and get back to camp before dark at this point."

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Some of us can see in the dark- but not all of us, and I'd rather not camp out in the open jungle if we can avoid it," Ipshivi chirped. "Let us head back for now, and take our time setting a secure campsite. Tomorrow we can come straight back here to pick up the trail- that is, if we don't have visitors tonight, and a MUCH fresher trail to follow..."

drothgery

First Post
OOC: Oddly, it looks like all of us have at least low-light vision or class/race abilities that would match that. But even with darkvision, walking around at night is a pain if the DM is following lighting rules strictly.

Remove ads