Get d20 While It's There

Pbartender

First Post
Just remember, anything published that is D20 STL compliant is by default D20 OGL compliant. Should the STL be revoked, D20 STL products can still be published and sold as D20 OGL products with a few only minor adjustments.

The only problem is what to with D20 STL print products that have already been printed and are sitting on store shelves.

Asmor

First Post
Pbartender said:
Just remember, anything published that is D20 STL compliant is by default D20 OGL compliant. Should the STL be revoked, D20 STL products can still be published and sold as D20 OGL products with a few only minor adjustments.

The only problem is what to with D20 STL print products that have already been printed and are sitting on store shelves.

Stickers?

I recall way back when White Wolf got sued by MTV because Aeon was too close to Aeon Flux, WW had to change the name to Trinity. So they sent out stickers to retailers to slap on top of the name of the book.

Couldn't publishers send out some blank stickers for retailers to put over the d20 logo?

Psion

Adventurer
Asmor said:
Couldn't publishers send out some blank stickers for retailers to put over the d20 logo?

Yeah, but as this is dead stock for most publishers, how many are going to go to that much effort?

That said, I was initially worried about this, but right now, not so much. The effects of termination clause is the kind of thing you slap on someone breaching the terms of the license. I could be wrong, but I don't think it's in WotC's best interests to slam retailers and distributors with the task of pulping their product that's not really competing with 4e at the moment.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Is there any new news on this? I ask,beacause there are some Lulu books I'd like to get my hands on, but can't afford all of it at once, and I'm sure I wont be able to get it all before 4E launches.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Asmor said:
Wouldn't it be easier on third-party publishers if WotC announce an exemption, so that any products that bear the d20 System logo before a certain cutoff date, are exempted?

Ranger REG said:
Wouldn't it be easier on third-party publishers if WotC announce an exemption, so that any products that bear the d20 System logo before a certain cutoff date, are exempted?
That, in my opinion would be the smartest move on WotC's part. Causes the least outcry among publishers and consumers, has very little "wiggle room", and in the long run has the same basic effect. Plus it's very easy for WotC to decree that clearly and legally.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
I'd imagine that the OGL and all OGC will soon be disappearing from the WotC site to be eventually replaced with the GSL and related materials. It seems that this would be a good time to copy/paste all of it before it's too late to do so.

Yes, I do know that it all exists in other locations online, nicely formatted, but as we all know, websites come and go at a pretty rapid rate.

KingOfChaos

First Post
Whisperfoot said:
I'd imagine that the OGL and all OGC will soon be disappearing from the WotC site to be eventually replaced with the GSL and related materials. It seems that this would be a good time to copy/paste all of it before it's too late to do so.

Yes, I do know that it all exists in other locations online, nicely formatted, but as we all know, websites come and go at a pretty rapid rate.

Already done. I have a copy in Word and a PDF version as well as all the SRD.

I plan on continuing to publish D20 material after 4E comes out.

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
This is patently false. The 4e books will still have a d20 system logo but the d20 STL will not be updated to 4e. The products made under the license will still be available from the 3PPs.

Remove ads