Winter ball

Khaira

First Post
What's the timeframe you're considering? That is, to say, when were you thinking about having it (real world time)? December'ish?

Forgotten Realms wise, there's the Feast of the Moon at the end of Uktar, a la November. How 'bout dressing Fee Gee in a snowball illusion? ;)

Imreis

First Post
Fee-Gee the stone man, was a very happy golem. He served his drinks and he polished his bar while do-ing Nashy's bidding.

*snickers* couldnt help myself but anyways and for seriousness. I think something like more a thanks giving idea would be better for a novemberish thing

Kallikrates

First Post
A Thanksgiving kind of deal would be a good idea, for us Americans. :p

But since we are the only one's who eat our weight in food on that day, I would say that any Winter Ball should pertain to that, Winter.

But that doesn't mean we can't use our characters to eat like there's no tomorrow, can't forget the fact that everyone's going to get a lot crazier since Christmas, Kwanzaa, and Hanukkah are just around the corner.

So...hmmm...I say that there should be a Winter Ball to get everyone in the Winterish mood for us North of the Equator, and Springish for those South of the Equator.

I'm starting to ramble...ya...*wanders off*...

Khaira

First Post
Kallikrates said:
But that doesn't mean we can't use our characters to eat like there's no tomorrow, can't forget the fact that everyone's going to get a lot crazier since Christmas, Kwanzaa, and Hanukkah are just around the corner.

*Puts on Waterdeep educator's hat*
Actually, if Waterdeep had a city-wide holiday, it would likely be a general'ish one. Waterdeep (like Silverymoon, to the north) has an Open Religion [law? mindset? philosophy?], which more or less means, in a nutshell, that no religion (since there are over 100 deities in FR) will be favored more (or less) than any other one.

Waterdhavians tend to be a pretty laid back and understanding of the differences, since it's 1) a mercantile city and
2) the ships that come in bring a pretty wide array genre of diversity, so there aren't too many city-wide focused holidays/festivals (note that I say city-wide ... temples, of course, still have their respective celebrations). Also because,
3) being there are a lot of people in Waterdeep who want to make a lot of money from natives (and, more importantly, tourists), it wouldn't bode well for any of the merchants to bo [overtly] discriminatory

*Takes off Waterdeep educator's hat*

The reason I suggested the Feast of the Moon festival is because it is coming up and the purpose of the holiday - to honor the dead and one's ancestors - ought to pretty much carry over to most religions - both in character and out.
Granted, some of those necrophiliac-loving folks might not honor the dead so much ... but, hey, they can still give thanks to the dead that they're dead so that they have corpses to experiment with and make undead, eh? ;)

Though, like you say, Kal, it could easily be just a regular, old, roll-in-the-snow, make-the-best-snowman, don't-eat-the-yellow-snow Winter Ball.

James V

First Post
I thought thanksgiving was also a canadian holiday lol.

How about a chrismakwanzika theme lol

Minoras, Torahs, Trees with lights and bulbs, with cornicopias!

Happy chrismakwanzika

Dontella

First Post
Please, no real world themes. No Christmas, Thanksgiving etc.. unless it is based in the TMP.

For all other settings, fantasy themes.

James V

First Post
Dontella said:
Please, no real world themes. No Christmas, Thanksgiving etc.. unless it is based in the TMP.

For all other settings, fantasy themes.

It's a joke :p I just expect some eultide thing again.

Lonanae

First Post
I second the Feast of the Moon Festival. Sounds wonderful and some who don't play or know what Faerun is might be able to understand a little more. Games like who makes the best snowball might be some fun.. For me anyways.

Elf_Ariel

First Post
It's winter...do an anti-winter theme!

Perhaps that's just me...but your winter is my summer. :p

Or if you wanted a winter theme, why not something like a fur-festival...? Then again, that might upset some folks.

*shrugs*

Remove ads