Are you a teacher?

Are you a teacher?

• Yupp, let's torture the little brats.

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • Nope, I never understood all that stuff they need to teach.

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • I'd like to but I earn more money elsewhere.

Votes: 26 40.0%

Darklone

Edit:
If you are a teacher: option 1.
If you are no teacher (poor dude) and don't want to be one: option 2.
If you'd like to be a hero, ehm, teacher: option 3.

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
You need the option "I'm going to be teacher as soon as I have graduated from university." At least that would be my answer :D .

Galethorn

First Post
Option 3. Not because of money, but because of not being done with college as of yet (and I'm only really interested in teaching at the college level, so, as a junior, I've got about two and a half years before I can even be a TA and run labs for science classes).

I like force-feeding my vast knowledge to those less knowledgeable than myself, however, so I think I'm already a teacher at heart. Also, one major goal in my life is to be "That cool professor." You know the guy; a bit eccentric, but a very good story-teller, prone to going off on amusing tangents during lectures and class discussions, but always, strangely, managing to hit the major points during the allotted time; always has some wacky personal experience that can be tied into the week's subjects, even if he's teaching Astronomy.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Galethorn said:
I like force-feeding my vast knowledge to those less knowledgeable than myself, however, so I think I'm already a teacher at heart. Also, one major goal in my life is to be "That cool professor." You know the guy; a bit eccentric, but a very good story-teller, prone to going off on amusing tangents during lectures and class discussions, but always, strangely, managing to hit the major points during the allotted time; always has some wacky personal experience that can be tied into the week's subjects, even if he's teaching Astronomy.
Can't say anything but ditto. My goal too :D .

shilsen

Adventurer
Option 1. I've been teaching undergraduate courses since 1998, usually freshman composition but sometimes literature, in courses such as Renaissance Literature, European Drama, Shakespeare, Intro to Drama, British Literature from 1660-1900, and Modern Drama.

I also firmly believe that teaching makes me a better DM, and DMing makes me a better teacher. And being a gamer means I can use my D&D dice in class, which always works really well.

Galethorn said:

I am that guy, as my students remind me on a regular basis. Recent quote from one of them: "I don't think I've ever learned as much in a semester as I have in this class. And that's partly because you're completely insane!"

Engilbrand

First Post
3rd year English/German high school teacher. I love it. For some of my students, I'm "that teacher". The rest don't understand my sense of humor.

Remove ads