Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn '08

LesserSky

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Up at the bar he speaks with Joe for a moment and soon receives a small mug of something light. Turning to the patrons he asks, with his eyebrow cocked as though he were asked deliver a strange message, "Ah, excuse me, sorry to bother, but have any of you been... waiting here for me?"

Barask thinks for moment forming words with his mouth as he does so, then turns to the little man. No.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Business completed at his shop, Thargon the dwarf reenters. "Thargon Kolex, master craftsman and part-time investigator," he introduces as he heads to the bar.

"One o' your best, Joe, working the forge gives you a thirst!"

jaker2003

Explorer
Oskar Ungart, LG Dwarf Paladin1

Through the doors of the Red Dragon Inn comes a short, broad figure that marches up to the bar to order a drink. After some hushed conversation with the barkeep, the dwarf turns around and pulls his hood down. A bald scalp and black braided beard are exposed as the cloaked figure proclaims, I am Oskar Ungart, holy warrior of Azwan. After his introduction, he turns back to the bar to find his drink ready. With a smile and nod, Oskar samples his beverage.

Someone

Adventurer
"Nodis is back!" announces some very young man from the door as if everyone already knew him, and enters the common room. "Just came from a lame wizard council. Man, that was laughable."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Remember, based on when he left, Nodis was still in the room when Xanthar checked for cult membership or anyone who was even considering letting the information in the room spread to the cult. Anyone who remained in the room checked out as a 'No' for those, so unless circumstances changed for him due to something after that point, Nodis is probably unlikely to blab details--or to put it another way, at least some members of the Council would have had him silenced in a less than pleasant way before he could exit the adventure and return to the inn if he was going to talk about sensitive topics to random people. I just mean locations of shards and other sensitive details, of course.)

Gobletchica

First Post
Knight Otu said:
Semabin, who had been kind of dozing jolts up at Fimble's entrance. One of the small folks. I think a gnome? Before he can even hear the question, he stands and goes upstairs, muttering. "I shouldn't be sleeping, I should be training. Voice, scimitars, dancing? Well, something."

Dianna looks up confused for a moment then replies, "No."

Someone

Adventurer
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Remember, based on when he left, Nodis was still in the room when Xanthar checked for cult membership or anyone who was even considering letting the information in the room spread to the cult. Anyone who remained in the room checked out as a 'No' for those, so unless circumstances changed for him due to something after that point, Nodis is probably unlikely to blab details--or to put it another way, at least some members of the Council would have had him silenced in a less than pleasant way before he could exit the adventure and return to the inn if he was going to talk about sensitive topics to random people. I just mean locations of shards and other sensitive details, of course.)

[sblock=Rystil] Based on what happened at the council Nodis doesn't believe the cult exists at all (or at least not in the catastrophic terms presented there), so even if he said 'no' at the time he doesn't feel obligued by any promise he made at the time. IC, promises dont matter much to him anyway.

Obviously you can do anything you want with your games, including introducing negative consequences of evens happening in the Inn. On the other hand, I'm not in your game any more, so I don't expect anything happening to my character based on what happened or happens in that adventure either, or it spilling over to the Inn[/sblock]

"Do tell," the grayish dwarf at the bar replies. "What happened?"

"Some mage tried to convince us that the world is ending, like, tomorrow at tea time unless we get some shards of a dead dragon's thingamabob for her before the bad guys get them. And these bad guys are, like, powerful and stuff, and we know that despite the fact they don't know who they are or where are them." says Nodis.

"The sad thing is that everyone swallowed that, except and elf (and that was only because he was prejudiced against half elves, and the wizard was a half elf) and they are now looking for the shards. I suppose advenurers can't resist saving the world."

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC Someone]Technically, I never said you had left and returned to Orussus safely. The point where they would have silenced Nodis forcefully would have been before he left. But if he doesn't plan on releasing sensitive information like locations of shards, they wouldn't have silenced him. So he's really fine so far. But if I had a shadowy cloaked figure come up and ask him where the shards are and he told that figure, not so much.

If it helps, if we didn't mean to keep his promise when Xanthar checked, they would have known this fact and kicked Nodis out before the second meeting, so he wouldn't know anything sensitive anyway.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Rystil Arden said:
[SBLOCK=OOC Someone]Technically, I never said you had left and returned to Orussus safely. The point where they would have silenced Nodis forcefully would have been before he left. But if he doesn't plan on releasing sensitive information like locations of shards, they wouldn't have silenced him. So he's really fine so far. But if I had a shadowy cloaked figure come up and ask him where the shards are and he told that figure, not so much.

If it helps, if we didn't mean to keep his promise when Xanthar checked, they would have known this fact and kicked Nodis out before the second meeting, so he wouldn't know anything sensitive anyway.[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=Rystil ooc]Technically, when I announced I was leaving the game and returning to Orussus, you didn't raise any objection, so I sincerely don't think you have any right to interfere with my character. He didn't have planned to reveal anything, if he does now is just because someone else asked. If Nodis' actions bother you, I suggest simply ignoring them.[/sblock]

Remove ads