post removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayu Amakura

Banned
Banned
Mystearia said:
I myself find it slightly frustrateing when i am fighting only because some people... no matter what happens to ther character, refuse to let them die... that said i know that freedom of destiny is used alot in those cases.. but really... in reality people don't get to choose when they die and thats why they come to isrp

I completely agree with you, though to be blunt, I'm not one to talk. I use FoD and will tell you straight up that I do. Love it, or hate, I'll use it if I need to, but that doesn't mean I won't let Mayu get the holy crap beat out of her, just use it for emergencies.

I mean, I could sit here all day and call out people, call out problems about ISRP, and spit out everything I see wrong, Myst... but in reality, is it worth our time? It will never change unless the people involved are willing to make it change... and sadly, I don't think they are.

Mystearia

First Post
Dontella said:
If you, general you, dislike the situation at hand..

1. Grammar and Punctuation, Please.
3. If all you are going to do is complain about how much you dislike the situation.. then simply leave.
These rants get no where. If you have a helpful suggestion, by all means share it. I have no doubt people are willing to listen to rationally thought out and well organized constructive criticisms.

Honestly.. i am very surprised at people. first by the fact they sound like frosts mom by telling him to correct his grammar and punctuation. secondly by the fact that they would suggest that someone leave the site, after all the crap enworld went through in the early stages to get people to come here.. while it's true ranting will get no positive responses it's still a good way to vent, and frankly barely anyone will listen if there is a hint of complaint as shown by this thread.. in the end the only way anything would change voulentary or otherwise is for everyone to change. i personally like the way the isrp is right now.. though i myself have only one major story going now. on a side note.. if you don't like what someone posts just don't respond to it.. simple as that

Mayu Amakura

Banned
Banned
Mystearia said:
Honestly.. i am very surprised at people. first by the fact they sound like frosts mom by telling him to correct his grammar and punctuation. secondly by the fact that they would suggest that someone leave the site,after all the crap enworld went through in the early stages to get people to come here.. while it's true ranting will get no positive responses it's still a good way to vent, and frankly barely anyone will listen if there is a hint of complaint as shown by this thread.. in the end the only way anything would change voulentary or otherwise is for everyone to change. i personally like the way the isrp is right now.. though i myself have only one major story going now. on a side note.. if you don't like what someone posts just don't respond to it.. simple as that

I agree there, really no ones place to tell someone to correct their grammar, especially here since there are plenty of people with their own styles of typing. And as for leaving the site, that's that persons choice, no one elses. If he/she wants to stay and complain about it, more power to 'em, the least we can do is listen and if you don't like what they have to say, don't respond or give them something they can work with and not un-needed suggestions...

I really have no true issue with ISRP, I don't let it get to me, you how? Well it is really simple when you don't care about it, when things get icky onsite, or things happen I don't enjoy. I go to RP at The Den or in MSN, either with my back-up character or just to get away from whatever situation that is unattractive..

Kinetti

First Post
haha. Me, I find this ironic. I guess it's all "eye of the beholder". The person who started this thread sees no villains and only "good" people. Me, I look around and think it's 90% evil people and those who love 'em. Funny, huh? hehe

Mayu Amakura

Banned
Banned
Kinetti said:
haha. Me, I find this ironic. I guess it's all "eye of the beholder". The person who started this thread sees no villains and only "good" people. Me, I look around and think it's 90% evil people and those who love 'em. Funny, huh? hehe

That is funny indeed.. but I'm guessing what he really meant was that the evil people that are here, do not act evil. They end up snuggling with their friends in the Cage, etc.. so on and so forth and to be honest, they do. xD Mayu does it, and I pick out that flaw about her. n_n

Tharivious

First Post
Mystearia said:
and frankly barely anyone will listen if there is a hint of complaint as shown by this thread..
It's not a matter of the "hint of complaint" leading it to fall on deaf ears. It's a matter of the same fallacy of a complaint that we've heard year in, year out for the last several years. Complaints without action accomplish nothing but antagonizing the masses, and when it's a rerun, it's even more antagonizing because we've already had these discussions and explained the only way to resolve it: Do something about it yourself.

It really is just that simple. Not enough interesting villains for your taste? Create one with a compelling personality, and not just a heap of muscles and claws. Not enough combat? Develop a personality that can irk people until they want to fight you. Too much friendliness and cuddling going on? Lead by example and find some friends that won't fall into the pattern and don't participate in the love-fest.

That is why the response sometimes turns to "If all you're going to do is complain, then leave"; because if the one making the complaints isn't doing anything actively to turn their own situation around, it's no one else's responsibility to make the change on the whim's of one dissatisfied member of the community. Or even several dissatisfied members of the community, for that matter.

Change has to begin somewhere, and the only way to affect a change toward what you're looking for, is to initiate that change for yourself.

Kallikrates

First Post
And if all that fails, see if there's anyone around who wants to wreak some havoc and get a storyline going.

I'm sure someone's character(s) hasn't doesn't anything in a while.

I'm assuming that everyone here has more than one character and that one of us has a character who's just gathering dust.

And it may because I haven't been online a lot over the past few months, but I don't think there was ever too many lovey dovey stuff.

I admit some of my RPing was...odd, but I tried to create some insanity single handedly, but that doesn't work too well.

It has to be a team effort.

And the name Baalodias reminds me one of my characters was on the search for him, so maybe I need to jump back into it.

*end craziness*

Willow_Calypso

First Post
Mystearia said:
Honestly.. i am very surprised at people. first by the fact they sound like frosts mom by telling him to correct his grammar and punctuation. secondly by the fact that they would suggest that someone leave the site, after all the crap enworld went through in the early stages to get people to come here.. while it's true ranting will get no positive responses it's still a good way to vent, and frankly barely anyone will listen if there is a hint of complaint as shown by this thread.. in the end the only way anything would change voulentary or otherwise is for everyone to change. i personally like the way the isrp is right now.. though i myself have only one major story going now. on a side note.. if you don't like what someone posts just don't respond to it.. simple as that

There is a difference between poor grammar and bad grammar. If it takes me more then two minutes to decipher what your character just said or it gives me an immediate headache to read your thread - I'm not going to RP with you - This is a text based site. Simple as it is. If people can't understand you, they're not going to want to interact with you.

MistyThorin

First Post
Mystearia said:
Honestly.. i am very surprised at people. first by the fact they sound like frosts mom by telling him to correct his grammar and punctuation.

There actually is a point to people suggesting that one clean up one's grammar and punctuation, along with spelling and formatting. The point is, if one's rant, question, or suggestion is typed in such a manner as to affect its readability, it makes it very difficult to understand the post well enough to respond. And yes, I will admit, there are those of us onsite who find posts full of text speak annoying and difficult to decipher under the best of circumstances.

When one takes the time to arrange one's thoughts into a coherent, well-formatted, and articulate message, that message will almost certainly get attention and hopefully a certain amount of reasonable discussion. However, a rambling rant full of grammatical errors and misspellings, with little or no punctuation and no separation of paragraphs, is far more likely to simply be dismissed as whining... especially if said rant does not have an easily spotted point to it.

Magi_Trelian

First Post
Since the original post has been removed by the author, I'm locking this thread. Further discussion on the proper literary construction of rants and on the love lives of gods and villains, can take place elsewhere, as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads