D&D 4E Would you be interested in a 4e campaign setting that lets you play while being dead?

Najo

First Post
I want to hypothetically discussed a 4e campaign setting that lets characters be played while they are dead. But, I do not want to discuss how to bring Ghostwalk into 4e, instead lets discuss this idea with a clean slate.

How would you design and handle a campaign setting that lets you play when you die? What themes would it explore? What sort of monsters should it have? What effect does death hold in the game? What form should the dead characters take? What changes to a normal D&D game need to be considered?

If you are against the idea of playing a dead character, then why? What would it take to get you to like the idea of playing a dead character?

The poll is to get an overview of the true appeal of the idea of playing dead characters.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
No, it has no appeal for me whatsoever. I like adventuring for the living and I like running campaigns for the living.

The occasional visit to other planes to rescue the dead is fine, but playing of dead PCs? Not for me thanks!

Cheeres

Lackhand

First Post
Oh! I see. Dead PCs. I make that mistake all the time. Oops. So I guess I can't play with Ron anymore, can I? Well, except as a puppet, I guess.

Someone should call his mom. Er, and an embalmer.

Remove ads