Mega-Adventure Prologue--The Council and the Fellowship

orsal

LEW Judge
Sir Nurlan, to Baron Thalask

Nurlan barely suppresses a chuckle at the Baron's misinterpretation of his diction. "No, not my mistress. I only just met her. I refer to her position, as one of the housemistresses of this prestigious Academy that is hosting us. But anyway, I didn't want to ask about her. I want to know more about the subject. You seem not to believe what she is saying, so I was curious if you had knowledge to the contrary. You evidently have many more years on this world than I, and I was hoping you could enlighten me."

Bardic Knowledge: 12. Alas.

Rystil Arden

First Post
orsal said:
Nurlan barely suppresses a chuckle at the Baron's misinterpretation of his diction. "No, not my mistress. I only just met her. I refer to her position, as one of the housemistresses of this prestigious Academy that is hosting us. But anyway, I didn't want to ask about her. I want to know more about the subject. You seem not to believe what she is saying, so I was curious if you had knowledge to the contrary. You evidently have many more years on this world than I, and I was hoping you could enlighten me."

Bardic Knowledge: 12. Alas.
"Well, I never fought a dragon. Those I don't know. But what I do know is elves, and I know they kent be trusted. Half-breeds're sneakier--sometimes they ken look jes like a person even, but they kent be trusted either," the Baron replies, "We must think about the children. Giving in to elven lies will make us weak!"

Rystil Arden

First Post
Velmont said:
Opale, seeing the reaction, isn't much surprised. Nura haven't been very diplomatic. She bow in front of the Sage. "Sage Thiliaerin, you are a wise leader, I don't doubt it. And in front of such doom teller, I agree there is many reason to not believe the words of Rayne." she tells, willingly avoiding to give any title to her. "Starting to prepare to war on the simple statement of an half-elf would not be wise. But she has based her warning on a legend that have serious fondation of truth. Your people is reknown for there skill of magic, I don't doubt you have the ressources needed to either confirm what Rayne is telling, or discredit her once and for all."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Is Frump gone?[/SBLOCK]
(OOC: And this one is a Diplomacy check--)

*The elf sighs in boredom and annoyance.*

"My people live a bit longer than you humans. What might be legend for you is simple matter of fact for us. The elves know the truth without wasting our time or magic. Now why don't you just dry off your tears and run along back to your toy blocks and dollies little girl," the elf turns away and heads to his fellow delegate, hoping that these annoying people will stop bothering him.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Quozen Ilphukiir, Elf Monk 2

The swarthy elf in the back has remained mostly quiet, speaking only a little to those who know him. He started listening to the people at the break, tales of eclipses, of the lack of import, of the astounding and near-preposterous tale of the Lichwyrm. He meditated. And suddenly, he opens his eyes. His small elven frame, slight even by elven standards, clad in the simplest white tunic, pales terribly before the opulence of just about everyone else, in every congregation. He can barely believe his audacity as he strides forth, towards the center of everyone and everything. He had planned to simply let others use flowery words. He knows nothing of such words. He knows nothing of flowers, come to think of it. But now, making a stupid spectacle of himself, he asks:

"Excuse me, Rayne... Everyone, really... Where is the Phoenix Shard?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
InVinoVeritas said:
The swarthy elf in the back has remained mostly quiet, speaking only a little to those who know him. He started listening to the people at the break, tales of eclipses, of the lack of import, of the astounding and near-preposterous tale of the Lichwyrm. He meditated. And suddenly, he opens his eyes. His small elven frame, slight even by elven standards, clad in the simplest white tunic, pales terribly before the opulence of just about everyone else, in every congregation. He can barely believe his audacity as he strides forth, towards the center of everyone and everything. He had planned to simply let others use flowery words. He knows nothing of such words. He knows nothing of flowers, come to think of it. But now, making a stupid spectacle of himself, he asks:

"Excuse me, Rayne... Everyone, really... Where is the Phoenix Shard?"
"No one knows," Rayne replies, "It is not where it has rested for milennia. It has been taken by agents of the Lichwyrm."

ajanders

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
*The delegate from Fallon notices Michael looking at the rest of the Fallonese delegation, so he calls over quietly, since Fallon is right next to Orussus:*

"Excuse me sir--I see you're a priest of Sela. Did you know a man named Michael Grannion? If you have not yet heard of his fate, it should be my duty to tell you."

"The name rings a bell." Michael acknowledges dryly.
He recalls an old story about surprising Death in Orussus because someone was supposed to be in Monemvassia...or something like that.

"What exactly do you know of his fate?"
Probably got upgraded to hung, drawn, and quartered.

Rystil Arden

First Post
ajanders said:
"The name rings a bell." Michael acknowledges dryly.
He recalls an old story about surprising Death in Orussus because someone was supposed to be in Monemvassia...or something like that.

"What exactly do you know of his fate?"
Probably got upgraded to hung, drawn, and quartered.
"Well, I am sorry to say, he has died. And it may be our failure that has led to this tragedy. I would ask you to relay this information to the temple of Sela in Orussus," he sighs in regret and continues, "North of Fallon there is a town named Duvik that was once in our domain but is no longer. A foul orc, probably a shaman of the local Bloodaxe Tribe, unleashed a terrible curse on the villagers of Duvik, a contagious curse that transformed its victims into brutish creatures like a disease. The orc and his mad lieutenant apparently had this Michael Grannion captive or something, it isn't terribly clear. What is clear is that Grannion, despite being in suspicion, sought to wipe out this evil. After going on a simple scouting mission for the Fallonese soldiers stationed to protect Duvik, he returned for only a short time. Afterwards, he vanished, but they discovered that he had headed back into the darkness beneath the mountains where the evil began...Afterwards, the troops saw a huge explosion of darkness over the mountain and a minor earthquake, and then suddenly, when the next patrol went out, the Afflicted were simply gone, destroyed...But Michael Grannion was also gone. He had died to save Duvik. Though few villagers had survived, the widespread threat was contained, and Fallon was able to stabilise the region. In the end, he was a hero, and I hope that his loved ones are able to learn that he died bravely."

*He bows his head slightly.*

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Rystil Arden said:
"No one knows," Rayne replies, "It is not where it has rested for milennia. It has been taken by agents of the Lichwyrm."
Quozen nods, and turns to the Rivenblight delegation.

"Great sage, where is the Phoenix Shard?"

jaker2003

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
Jace walks away from the people ignoring him to stand behind Quozen. Do you mean that your divinations did not reveal its location, or that you were so frightened by this news that you did not attempt to locate the harbringer of destruction?

Remove ads