Mega-Adventure Prologue--The Council and the Fellowship

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf, uncomfortable with social situations, listens to the conversations going on around him, trying to sort out the important bits.

What do we know so far?

1. There's a really nasty undead dragon called "The Lichwyrm"
2. It has a phylactery that is broken into seven parts.
3. The "pheonix shard" is the most potent of the seven parts
4. It was locked away by an ancient hero, but is now in the wrong hands.

Presumably, we can conclude:

5. The Pheonix shard, and possibly the other fragments of the Phlactery are difficult or impossible to destroy -- otherwise, it would have been destroyed rather than locked away.

Ironwolf aproaches Ashnar and those around him.

"Can we find out what efforts were attempted at destroying the Phylactery?"

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
Patlin said:
Ironwolf aproaches Ashnar and those around him.

"Can we find out what efforts were attempted at destroying the Phylactery?"
The female wizard looks almost relieved as Ironwolf approaches the group, as if glad that someone is listening to what she says. "I am sure Rayne has more information on that, but it seems that only a few, maybe just one shard, was in position to be destroyed, and from what Housemaster Tyndall has said, doing it then would have been a bad idea, as that shard's power would have flown into the other shards, which were presumably enemy hands."

jaker2003

Explorer
Jace shakes himself out of his surprise and terror to join the conversing group.

We need someone to use divinations to track down the shards, this could be a long and expensive process, but necessary.
Once we know the locations, we set out to capture them, possibly at the same time.
A safe place will be needed to store them until they can be destroyed or hidden away again. Perhaps they should be stored seperately, we don't want to give the lich an opportunity to gather his power.

orsal

LEW Judge
At Rinaldo's advice, Nurlan ambles over toward Baron Thalask's seat and introduces himself.

"Greetings, Baron Thalask. May I introduce myself? I am Sir Nurlan, a knight of Monemvassia, although I am here as a friend and companion of Rinaldo of Orussus. Before now I had heard only vague warnings of some danger; I had never heard tales of this lichwyrm. I was curious, since you distrust Mistress Rayne, have you heard of the fabulous creature before."

Rystil Arden

First Post
Dargon said:
Nura gets up from her chair "True there is the lack of evidence, and if that is what it keeping sage Aliaster from talking this serius I am afraid that I can’t sway much, but if it is indifference pride, poletics or pride I might be able to do something." Then she heads toward the Rivenblight delegation.

As she approach the two rivenblighters she nods to the second and then continues too Aliaster. (in elvern and the Rivenblight accent of it) "Greeting Sage Aliaster of house Thiliaerin you can call me Nura. You did not seemed concerned by the news. I can’t help to wonder if you know something the rest of us don’t, or is it just a political move to improve the importance of your opinion on how to solve this."
"Have you ever seen a solar eclipse, grey? The mewling animals go crazy, the birds flying about in the most dire of patterns as if they were to say that the sky is falling and the world is about to end. And yet, it is not so. For all the bluster and the seeming danger of the darkness come during the day, it is merely nothing at all to concern us."

Rystil Arden

First Post
orsal said:
At Rinaldo's advice, Nurlan ambles over toward Baron Thalask's seat and introduces himself.

"Greetings, Baron Thalask. May I introduce myself? I am Sir Nurlan, a knight of Monemvassia, although I am here as a friend and companion of Rinaldo of Orussus. Before now I had heard only vague warnings of some danger; I had never heard tales of this lichwyrm. I was curious, since you distrust Mistress Rayne, have you heard of the fabulous creature before."
[SBLOCK=Bardic Knowledge DC 20]Actually, you have heard tales of this Lichwyrm, though mostly they seemed more like Medibarian folklore than historical fact. Then again, so do most historical accounts of the Magequeen's time.

[SBLOCK=Bardic Knowledge DC 25]You even knew about the name Vildaxaranthus--it's obscure, but most of that information Rayne said is out there.[/SBLOCK][/SBLOCK]

"Febulous? Say what now? Thet half-breed is yer mistress? I tell ya, lot a spy's thet's what. Liable to give away our secrets to the elves...And then the children! The children!"

Rystil Arden

First Post
Visually impressive 'n all, heavy on the theatrics and prophecies of doom and whatnot, but very light on hard proof. Didn't even feature as much as an account on how you learned all this."

"It didn't even convince me, and I'm supposed to be on your side."

"Everything except the new information about the unearthing of the Phoenix Shard is a matter of historical record. As for the shard, if I recast my divination, they could just claim that I was faking it. I think the only to prove it would be if they really did independently verify it."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Rystil Arden said:
"Have you ever seen a solar eclipse, grey? The mewling animals go crazy, the birds flying about in the most dire of patterns as if they were to say that the sky is falling and the world is about to end. And yet, it is not so. For all the bluster and the seeming danger of the darkness come during the day, it is merely nothing at all to concern us."

Quozen picks up this phrase, out of the hubbub of discussion around him. He dare not respond, or even announce his presence, but it is something... something that speaks to the history of his people, the wisdom he has gained. And yet he wonders whether this is why his people only control a small monastery on a desolate promontory.

Remove ads