A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Trouvere said:
OOC: Fimble has been tagging along without saying a word since here, I think!

OOC: Ack! You're right, how could I forget about him?

Fimble looks up at the mention of his name. "Hmm...? Ah, sorry, ever since you all found me in the tavern, I've felt a bit... swept up into things, you know? If we're going to Fallon, I'm sure we can stay with my family."

[sblock=Keldar: ]Your assumptions are reasonable, so I approve your purchases. =)[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
"You kept your head down as we went into what might have been, but wasn't, the den of the enemy," Keldar assures the gnome wizard. "You know, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they were throwing wedding flowers at that guildhall soon. Mark my words."

Solange

First Post
"Some people are more married to their work than others I guess," Rapture says.

OOC: If it's really going to take twice as long, I think I'd rather walk. Boat sounds better, but we'll see how feasible that is.

Trouvere

Explorer
"They have the same job; it's perfect," says Keldar.

"Anyway, after our unexpectedly long trip home from Grenton, I have to say I'm looking forward to relaxing in a riverboat, reading a book, watching the world go by. I hope passage is not too expensive. Still, we look like useful sorts for watch duties. Perhaps they'll pay us."

covaithe

Explorer
"If nothing else, you can always take a turn at an oar," Tommy suggests with a smile. "Maybe we'd better go down to the river and see what's available before we make too many plans, though."

Trouvere

Explorer
"A turn at a - ? What kind of sordid excursion are you planning?" asks Keldar, turning shocked eyes towards Tommy. "Oh, an oar. I thought you said something else entirely."

covaithe

Explorer
Tommy blinks in confusion, but continues, heedless. "Or maybe they'll have one of those boats where you push long poles against the bottom."

ooc: Ok, I'm just gonna stop there... :D

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOG: Alright, I'm mostly back. It may take me a while to get back up to speed, but I should be posting pretty regularly again. Work just piles up on you, you know?

Fimble stares at Keldar for a moment, thinking, then shakes his head. "Right then, boats or beasts, what will it be?"

[sblock=OOC on River Travel]I'm not very clear on the river travel rules, and my brief research helped me little. If I assume there's a westerly wind (meaning it blows from the west towards the east), could a longship fit in a river? Is that even plausible? Unless one of you knows more about it than I do, I'm going to say longships go up and down the river to Fallon.

Wasn't this discussed at all in the Mega Adventure thread?[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]As far as I know, the Vikings sent longboats far inland along the Volga and Dnieper and whatnot, using portage where the rivers weren't navigable.[/sblock]

Remove ads