A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

Wik

First Post
OOC: SWEET! I'm excited.

There are five of us (Rapture, Keldar, Tarag, Tommy, and Galwynn), so that's 2 crewmen each, with two of us getting 3. I favour giving Trouvere 3, and the other crewman should go to Tommy, to act as a bodyguard. That's my idea, at least.

Galwynn grabs two crewmen. "Grab some rope, and some grappling hooks. That ship is going to come close, and we're going to snag it as it passes. And the nget ready to jump... the best offence is a... wait, I mean..." he whispers, stumbling over his words.

Despite this, the paladin exudes confidence, and the crewmen (in the area of effect of the paladin's aura of courage) nod and quickly grab ropes (which I assume would be available).

Galwynn is keeping his detect evil ability active, hoping it will give him warning when the ship is within sixty feet.

"Tarag... get some men, and get ready to light torches or lanterns. Something so we can see. Something tells me they have better nightvision than we do..."

Galwynn rubs the back of his mouth, and swallows a few times. His stomach is still queasy... if only this damnable ship would stop rocking for a few minutes!

Wik

First Post
OOC: Yup. But this way, Tarag doesn't need to say anything... and Galwynn will know right then that they have evil intent. he'll also know if he can start smiting!

Trouvere

Explorer
"You're with me, men," Keldar calls, grabbing three sailors as they pass. "Stick close. Your captain forgot one thing. River pirates only become pirates because they don't have what it takes to make it as sailors. That's why they lurk behind islands instead of rowing every long mile to and from Fallon like honest men. We'll probably find they're half your size with weedy forearms and no idea which end of a ship is which.

"Still, take care. I don't want any foolish heroics. Galwynn over there has that covered with his plan to tie us together and offer tea and biscuits. When a few get on board, don't split up and take them on one apiece. You gang up on the nearest and finish him quick. Flank them with me, and I'll stick them in the vitals. But until they get on board, I'll be taking them down, ugliest first, with my longbow, before they have a chance to get close. If you get hurt, go see the dwarf. Oh, and make sure you don't get in the way of our wizards. That's the short one and the skinny one. No telling what they'll do. Now, let's hear a cheer, for the Keldarites! Even if you don't mean it, it'll put the wind up them.
"

covaithe

Explorer
"Can I cheer the Nobodies instead?" Tommy quips. "Franz, Ivan, Marcus, you're with me," he continues, pointing to three of the sailors. "Let Galwynn and Rapture handle most of the pirates. We'll try to help out as we can and keep any from slipping around their backs."

ooc: eagerly awaiting a map. :)

Trouvere

Explorer
"No, no you cannot. I will not hear of it," says Keldar, shooting Tommy a wild grin. "This'll be better than fighting in a long line on a staircase, eh?"

Trouvere

Explorer
"Hmm," says Keldar. "A spot of cheering may help a little, and so might this." He lifts his head and roars an impromptu song into the darkness:
A hundred miles from Fallon,
Upon Lake Kithsul broad,
Was fought a mighty battle,
With spell and shield and sword;
Courageous were the travellers
Who won the fierce affray,
But the bravest in the battle
Was swift Keldar Warbray!

"Stand fast, you doughty sailors,
Your cutlasses held high,
Pull back your bows, you archers,
And let your arrows fly;
And they will not escape us
Nor live to rue the day
We took their ship away from them!"
Says bold Keldar Warbray!

"For when they flee we'll chase them
To east or western shore.
No mercy will they find from us;
We'll even up the score
For every other sailing boat
They've troubled in this way;
We'll end every last pirate!"
Says brave Keldar Warbray.​
"From the top! Join in as you learn it," he says.[sblock=OOC]Yeah, it's derivative.[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
"Well, Galwynn, you certainly can't complain that we aren't giving them fair warning," Tommy says, slightly ruefully. "Fimble, can you still see them? I don't suppose Keldar's singing has scared them off, by any chance?"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
About Kelders war song brey....
[sblock=Kelders song]
snort, gafaw, snicker, hee haw!...[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases