A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

Boddynock

First Post
"Now wait a minute!" says Tarag, who has entered the room in time to catch the tail end of the conversation.

"I'm still not convinced. Now look - the way I see it ..." His voice takes on a conspiratorial tone as he argues details with Keldar.

Boddynock

First Post
"Yes, well, I've long noted your fascination with holding my hand but that's not what I'm talking about and you know it. I draw the line when it comes to throwing myself out of a window and hoping someone'll catch me! If it comes to that, I'll just fight my way out."

Tarag pauses, and then continues reluctantly, "As for the rest of it ... yes, I suppose it has a chance of succeeding. All right, let's go!"

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar sneezes, "Scaredofheights!", and at that - perhaps to avoid the inevitable argument - Fimble hastily leads the team outside and in the direction of the east-side streets of Fallon. But the first thing they do is stop off at a shop to buy a sizeable basket with a lid. Purchase made, they head on, looking for the first quiet alleyway near the canyon wall.

Keldar mysteriously wedges an arrow inside the basket and makes sure it is lodged tight. "Will that do?" he asks Tarag, leaving it at his feet. He turns to Tommy, but now he's a slightly plump middle-aged man with fluffy straw-coloured hair. "I'll come with you. Shall we?" he asks, looking up at the cliff.

Fimble, looking anxious, casts mage armor on Tarag. "Hurry back," he says.[sblock=OOC][sblock=Rae]4 sp, 1 lb as per SRD? If any of this preparation work goes wrong, y'know, shout out, and we can revise from where it falls apart.[/sblock][sblock='Nock]I take it Tarag is not wearing his full plate? That's fairly crucial. Saves at least 20 seconds, which might make all the difference. All prayed up?[/sblock][sblock=Fimble's spells]5/5/4/3
0 Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Mending, Mending, Message
1 Silent Image, Charm Person, Mage Armor, Unseen Servant, Unseen Servant
2 Hypnotic Pattern, Glitterdust, Invisibility, Rope Trick
3 Invisibility Sphere, Invisibility Sphere, Major Image[/sblock][/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=OOC: ]It's a standard purchase. Yes, make a note of it on your sheet and here, and it's yours.

Am I allowed to read the sblocks for other PCs? I feel weird asking that, since I'm the DM and all, but since you guys are plotting behind my back... =)[/sblock]

The streets near the lifts are crowded and well lit, but as you move away from these more populated, heavily trafficked areas, the crowds thin and only the occasional drunk or patrolling officer disturb your stroll. A quiet alley isn't hard to find.

(What time is this taking place?)

Trouvere

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I can't think of a reason why we'd hide anything from you in an sblock, Rae. Time of day: getting on for evening, around about the time we left the library after decoding the book.[/sblock]"Too nervous to speak?" says Keldar to Tommy as they hurry back to the lifts. "Don't worry, I might look like an unsuccessful shopkeeper, but I'm still... you know who. Anyway, we're just scouting. Up we go, then along, counting windows and doors. We might not do anything today."

covaithe

Explorer
"It's just that I sound like an idiot," Tommy complains in a whiny falsetto. "I still think that just because I wear robes, doesn't mean it would look more natural to disguise me as a woman in a dress. I can't walk like a girl! You were just having me on, weren't you? Wait, don't answer that. Here's our floor!"

Trouvere

Explorer
"It's not impossible I misunderstood when you said you wanted to eat, drink and be Mary," says Keldar, blatantly lying.

"40th floor, so it is."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
You take the lift to the 40th floor, just as before, and walk the poorly lit streets towards Turket's place.

[sblock=OOC: ]You are going to Turket's, I presume?[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases