Undine the Sea

Rystil Arden

First Post
*If they agree, the group is taken separately to rooms where they are asked to willingly submit to truth-telling magic (OOC: They expect you to voluntarily fail your Will save--let me know if anyone attempts to make the Will Save). Then they ask everyone the same questions.*

(OOC: Feel free to post answers)

"What are your exact intentions involving Amalthea and the Undine Shard?"

(and after answering that)

"Do you have any additional intentions that you have not yet mentioned?"

"Do you have any intention of poisoning the Azurine Wyldheart?"

"Your dwarf friend (OOC: For Krindorf, they say 'you') expressed the sentiment that he would like to slit all of our throats. This was before the misunderstandings were ascertainted. As of now, would you consider retributory actions against Galatea's faithful or followers, of violent nature or otherwise?"

"Are you aligned with the forces of evil?"

"Even so, it's possible that you are being misled by your allies. What would you do if one of your erstwhile allies turned out to be evil? What if they were not evil but had a hidden agenda?"

(then, just to know for the ceremony as Rachel mentioned--)

"Who is your patron deity?"

Heckler

First Post
"To return it to Medibaria and Rayne Loire, so that it may be used to stop the threat posed by the Lichwyrm."

"No."
"No. As I mentioned before, I don't even know what that is, or how I would even go about poisoning it."

"Your dwarf friend (OOC: For Krindorf, they say 'you') expressed the sentiment that he would like to slit all of our throats. This was before the misunderstandings were ascertainted. As of now, would you consider retributory actions against Galatea's faithful or followers, of violent nature or otherwise?"
"I think, or at least hope, he wasn't serious. Anger and frustration can make people say things they don't really mean. But to answer your question, no, I have no intention to retalliate against your people. I'm hoping we can prove ourselves worthy of friendship and an alliance."
"No."

"Even so, it's possible that you are being misled by your allies. What would you do if one of your erstwhile allies turned out to be evil? What if they were not evil but had a hidden agenda?"
"I think your question is too vague to be answered. I can't say what I would do simply because someone is evil or has a hidden agenda. I can tell you this: I won't let another party member's actions jeopardize this mission. I won't allow an evil act to be performed in my presence, and I won't knowingly let another pary member perform an evil act."

"We were never terribly pious, but being farmers, my family would give thanks to Halina at appropriate times throughout the year."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I think your question is too vague to be answered. I can't say what I would do simply because someone is evil or has a hidden agenda. I can tell you this: I won't let another party member's actions jeopardize this mission. I won't allow an evil act to be performed in my presence, and I won't knowingly let another pary member perform an evil act."

"Let me clarify. If one of your comrades or supposed allies turned out to be aligned with the force of evil, what would you do? Now what if they were not evil but were allied with another organisation with an ulterior motive, say the Cult of the Lichwyrm?"

Heckler

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"Let me clarify. If one of your comrades or supposed allies turned out to be aligned with the force of evil, what would you do? Now what if they were not evil but were allied with another organisation with an ulterior motive, say the Cult of the Lichwyrm?"
"Ideally, I would want to take them prisoner and hand them over to someone of authority, possibly yourselves, for questioning and possible punishment.

Less than ideal, if the situation warrented it, and there was no other option, I would kill them."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Though regrettable, I can understand that choice, and it seems appropriate. Sometimes the right choice is not something that we want to do."

(OOC: They're happy with Babette's answers--once everyone else answers, they'll continue)

covaithe

Explorer
"I intend to travel to Amalthea only as long as it takes to recover the Undine Shard and return it to the Council."

"Well, I intend to grow old and rich and die in the arms of a willing woman, but I don't think that's what you mean. I do not believe I have any other intentions that would affect your decision."

"Certainly not."

"'Misunderstandings were ascertained?' 'Retributory actions?' By the Mongrel's bollocks, you lot are a pack of shysters. I'm certainly not gonna take revenge on other innocent people for what you lot have done, even if they don't have the good sense not to serve Galatea. And I'm not gonna come murdering you in your beds, either. As for 'otherwise', well, I'm not gonna forget the way we've been treated here, and I'm not gonna keep silent about it, either. If you want to call that 'retributory action', I suppose you can. And," he admits reluctantly, "If you should happen to find a burning paper bag on your doorstep sometime after all this is over, you might not want to stomp on it too vigorously." He scowls. "Damn truth magic."

"And what would you do if I was? Would you really withhold your aid in a worthy cause, just because the person asking it was on the wrong side of some arbitrary metaphysical line that, conveniently, no one but you can see? Ah, but save your tedious excuses, I'll answer the question: No, I am not to my knowledge aligned with the forces of evil. Happy?"

"Depends on what the hidden agenda was. If they're secretly Lichwyrm cultists bent on stopping our mission, they'll have to be dealt with just like any other threat. If they're secretly bent on seducing some farmer's pretty daughter, well, I might ask if she has a sister."

"Patron? Can't say that I've ever felt much patronage from any deity in my life. Still, most of my family worship Azwan, so I grew up doing that. While I was a guard, a lot of us gave money to Sela and Gundar. Right now... well, Zephos has been on my thoughts a lot lately, considering the circumstances. Take your pick of those, I suppose."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"And what would you do if I was? Would you really withhold your aid in a worthy cause, just because the person asking it was on the wrong side of some arbitrary metaphysical line that, conveniently, no one but you can see? Ah, but save your tedious excuses, I'll answer the question: No, I am not to my knowledge aligned with the forces of evil. Happy?"

"There is a big difference between Good and Evil and some arbitrary dividing mark. This isn't something like two political parties, each with different policy agendas vying for control of a nation; it's a fundamental battle between the forces of Good and the forces of Evil for the sake of people's well-being and happiness and, sometimes in the end, even the universe's existence. It is more than a matter of method--it is as close to as essential as any distinction can be. In a cause of such great importance, it would be the ultimate folly to include someone who is evil, just because you simply cannot trust where their true loyalty lies, or if you can, it lies somewhere you will not like."

"I'm sorry--maybe there are those who disagree with this, but of the four Greater Elemental Deities, Galatea represents the force of Good, so of course I am biased. Still, you seem a practical man more than a Good one, if I sense correctly. Regardless of your answer, which was mostly an attempt to gauge your stance on the issue, there is a practical concern that while allowing non-followers of Galatea to perform the ritual will probably still work, though it is unprecedented, the Goddess would surely never grant her blessing to a being of unrepentant evil."

covaithe

Explorer
"Yes, those were exactly the tedious excuses I asked you to spare me," retorts Corvinus. "Since it sounds like you don't actually need an answer to the question, can we please, for the love of whatever god you care to name, move on, so that I can stop listening to you blather?"

Ximix

First Post
"As I understand it, we are to travel to this place and recover the shard to keep it out of the hands of those who wish to resurrect the ancient horror... then return to the council for the safekeeping of the shard."

"No."

"First, I do not have knowledge of what the Wyldheart is, and of course I do not want to poison anything or anyone."

"Personally I believe that many of your membership were way out of line from what you profess is your faith. However as a man of Faith I believe that you will find your Lady to be more capable of dealing Spiritually with your faithlessness than any mortal could inflict. In short, I have no interest in harming anyone, unless they force us to by attacking us."

"No.

"Quite simply I would demand they be removed from the group and detained, by force if necessary."

"I follow Gliran as my Patron, he has blessed me with power and wisdom and yet he does not make decisions for me, nor demand that his followers do any more than seek out and create magic, but most importantly to use Magic efficiently..."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Give tha' damn thin' to tha' council, so they can... hmm Ah' no' certain, bu' Ah' guess they'll crush it, o' use it to kill tha' Lichwyrm. "

"Ah' pretend to get som' profit from this."
"Nay, couldn't care less fo' tha' thin' what ever piece o' trash it is"

"Aye, Ah' stated tha' Ah' will be willin' to do tha'." Krindorf points his head with his finger. "Think lass, if ye' be comin' to me place, Gundar don't allow, an' Ah' tell ye be some fancy imaginary doom bringer, based on wha' a blasted group of tree hugger say, and Ah' put a spell on ye, and tied ye up like a pig, an' lock ye up, all tha' because 'the elfs say so' " He mocks, makes a pause, staring directly into the priestess eyes. "What would ye do lass?"
"Nay, Ah'm only aligned with my own personal convenience."

"Ah' couldn't care less, if they beat tha' Lichwyrm. Tha' history is plagued of evil rulers, another one won't hurt too much" the dwarf shrugs. "But if they make me go all about this, dealin' with stooges, travelin' in a crapy boat, and what ever comes next, to let tha' thin' crush everythin', then Ah'll personally poke their eyes out!"

"Who is your patron deity?" "Gundar, father of earth. Much more tolerant than a water goddess or whatever."

"Are we done? Ah'm tired of this, need some booze and food."

Remove ads