Undine the Sea

Rystil Arden

First Post
"For the last set of plants, they are extremely rare and exotic, in fact they are elementally-infused plants that grow only when exposed to pure Elemental Water, and only grow in a very few places in this world. If you're under a time constraint, there are really only two places you can possibly go to get them without taking too long. Neither is without its...wrinkles, but we will help you get there whichever you choose."

"The first possibility is an island some distance to the northeast, though not terribly far. On that island lives a cruel and rather dangerous old woman, but there she tends a small garden with some of the rarest and most valuable herbs in the entire region. It isn't clear how she might react to visitors or what you would have to do to get the plants you need, but I'm sure you could find a way."

"The second option is...there is a mecca of trade where finding those plants would be easy...it is called the City of Glass. However, it is located in the Elemental Planes. The High Priestess could Plane Shift you there, since the Elemental Plane of Water is one of the few places where we have the proper focus, and the advantage is that such a transportation is instant, but this place is exotic and dangerous, and the bazaar may be expensive. I am unsure of the level of your funding. In that case, you would need to set a number of days and a rendezvous point for the High Priestess to return and pick you up."

covaithe

Explorer
"I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm pretty sure my level of funding won't be much help. I'm for trying the old woman. How dangerous could she be?" Corvinus says the last sentence with heavy irony.

Amaury

First Post
"City? Hmm, that sounds good!.. We could resort to less expensive ways to acquire these plants there.." he proposes with a grin.

"Also we have no means of transport to get to this island.." he adds.

Ximix

First Post
Heckler said:
"Pshaw, you worry too much. We're on the island of the temple of the High Priestess of the Goddess of Good. What could possibly go wrong?" Babette answers innocently.
Ximix barely suppresses a snort, the brief sputter covered poorly by a cough, from which he turns and begins packing his meager possessions onto his back...

Listening to the options, it is easy to see that the Elf is fascinated with the idea of going to another plane...
Edging close to Jallembo, Ximix discloses [sblock=Jallembo]"I have about one thousand in gold, it would be worth it to me just to see such a place... but I'm unsure how to ... reveal... that information?"[/sblock]

Last edited:

Amaury

First Post
Jallembo replies quietly to Ximix with a smile on his face.
[sblock=Ximix]"1000? Hehe... not bad my friend.. I cannot remember where we got all that money but for me the girls back in town soon made me forget I was once rich.. hehe.. Hum, i wouldn't worry about the revelation.. just mention you've got money.. but my only worry is that I wonder whether they will accept gold "overthere".. maybe they'd like to be paid in sand, huh?" Jallembo replies. [/sblock]

Ximix

First Post
Ximix tries to clear his throat, quietly, realizes that doesn't exactly suit the purpose, and clears it rather more loudly...
"I would be more in favor of travelling to a city, where many of our company are more at home, and where we may make a simple transaction for our requirements. The idea of going to a witch who is described as being 'cruel and rather dangerous', well, it just sounds like we would be walking into trouble, and knowingly this time!
"Granted the city was also described as 'dangerous', but 'exotic' sounds quite more appealing to me than 'cruel'.
"For my part, I have a fair amount of monies that I would invest gladly in such a fantastic opportunity. That is my opinion..."

covaithe

Explorer
"Well, isn't this just dandy. I'm so glad that nothing important depends on our little quest. Then we'd be in a real mess," Corvinus drawls. "I don't suppose any of you wise, knowledgeable and experienced servants of Galatea has any idea what the going cost is, for the rare ingredients essential to Galatea's rites? Have any of you actually performed them before?"

Remove ads