The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

Walking Dad

First Post
With the two undead monsters down, Glaive realizes the injured man that has helped them and moves to help him. He uses his wand to heal Kraken's wounds, still looking for more enemies approaching.

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Sorry for my lack of input, been away. I wrote a post for Kraken yesterday but ENWorld ate it, so there are 2 d20 rolls sitting on Invisible Castle, wasting away...

WD, not sure where you got the impression that these were giants - the post above says they are "almost 6 ft. tall".

IC:

Kraken grins and turns his face upwards towards the storm. He closes his eyes, and his rapid breathing slows as he mutters some words under his breath. After a moment, shoulders sagging with weariness he suddenly notices Glaive.

"Crikey," he says. "That stung a bit."

[SBLOCK="OOC"]
Spontaneous Cure Light Wounds on self.
1d8 2=4
[/SBLOCK]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral moves out from the brush and gingerly toes at some of the pieces of creature with an inquisitive eye for detail. "Well, I am definitely pleased to be part of such a capable group. Should we lick our wounds a bit, or see if we can track where these things have come from?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Ah, she'll be right, Glaive mate," says Kraken. He looks down at his wounds and seems to notice them for the first time. "On second thought, yeah, might be good. It'd be a bit embarrassing to fall down in front of the ladies, eh?" He nods towards Raysuldra and Whisper, with a grin and a wink directed towards Glaive.

Without waiting for the warlock to perform the healing, Kraken kneels down next to the pile of bones. Unlike Doral's careful probing, Kraken simply dives in and begins rooting around with his hands.

"These weren't your ordinary bonewalkers," he says, just loud enough for the others to hear. "Did you see me blade skate off them like they were made of stone? It's supposed to contain the bound will of a hundred ancestor warriors too, so what are they made of?" He rummages throught the remains in search of clues.

With a glance at Doral, he adds, "I can set a camp, find you bush tucker and not get lost, but tracking I was never much good at. And at night, in the rain? Besides, the old shaman used to say 'don't hunt deadfellas in the dark'. Might be wise to listen to him, eh?"

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"Kraken's right," Whisper says briskly as she comes up to the re-dead bodies. "Night is their time. Not to mention, these things don't seem to have been trying to sneak up on us specifically. They were attacking those animals for some reason."

She murmurs a spell in strange sibilant whispers, and her eyes shimmer with a moment of azure light.

(Casting Detect Magic to scan the bodies)

"I haven't studied undead before, unfortunately, so I'm not sure what these are."

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Thanks mate," says Kraken to Glaive. "Reckon I could take on a pack of those mongrels again, eh?" Despite his most grievous wounds having healed, Kraken still looks quite tired and wan.

He listens to Whisper's musings even as he continues to turn over bones.

"I ain't so sure Miss, " he says. "Those lizards, we've got packs of them roaming the scrub. They eat mostly leaves, the odd bird or rat, food you leave out for later. Nothing about 'em worth attacking. Now, *either* these deadfellas are of the sort that just attack anything that moves, or, " he picks up a shinbone and waves it at Whisper, "some flamin' mongrel pointed them our way and said 'kill anything that moves'. Those lizards just got in the way."

He tries to break the shinbone on a rock.

Shayuri

First Post
She looks up at Kraken, face hidden behind the smooth mask she wears.

"Like I said, I'm no expert on the undead, but they did seem to be following those creatures, killing them. I'm not sure what that means, other than it doesn't seem completely random. Mindless undead might attack them in passing, but I don't think they'd follow them or hunt them without being specifically ordered to. So either these had orders, or they weren't mindless. Either of those would beg the question of -why bother-?"

She pauses, then asks, "Do you know of other examples of animals being killed for no apparent reason by undead?"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral frowns at Kraken while then giving a small shrug, "Ah well. It was a small hope, but I had supposed that if these undead were being guided by something then it would be wise to stop them at their source. Mayhaps we'll get another opportunity, hopefully one that will be on our own terms."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases