• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blizzard job openings

Krug

Newshound
http://www.blizzard.com/jobopp/

The writing job might appeal to some:
http://www.blizzard.com/jobopp/cd-writer.shtml
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and experienced individual to join the creative development team as a writer. Duties will include intellectual property management, technical writing, creative writing, research, light editing, and story development. The ideal candidate will have proven success as a published writer, outstanding "people" skills, and an absolute passion for Blizzard Entertainment's intellectual properties.

Responsibilities:

* Contribute to the written development of Blizzard Entertainment’s intellectual properties.
* Write copy text for use by other Blizzard Entertainment teams.
* Write technical information for game manuals.
* Author original short stories that showcase Blizzard Entertainment’s rich and diverse intellectual properties.
* Contribute in the research, gathering, and documentation of source materials from Blizzard Entertainment’s intellectual properties.
* Work with business partners in the development of our intellectual properties through the creation of ancillary products
* Perform editing tasks when needed by creative development.
* Perform other duties that may be assigned by creative development management and producers.

Requirements:

* 2+ years of industry or related industry experience as a writer
* Successfully published writing work, preferably in the fantasy, horror, and science fiction genres
* Working knowledge and understanding of technical writing and editing
* Excellent written and oral business communication skills
* Working knowledge of Blizzard Entertainment’s intellectual properties, and a vast knowledge of current successful intellectual properties in today’s popular culture
* Ability to work and thrive in a team environment
* Ability to produce writing without constant supervision
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to work well under deadlines

Pluses:

* Experience creating and running pen and paper RPG campaigns and/or live-action RPGs
* Experience in playing massively multiplayer online role-playing games, especially World of Warcraft
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* Experience in designing and playing computer games

Please send a cover letter, resume, salary history, and writing samples (required) to resumes@blizzard.com

Basic Tips for Resume/Demo Submission

No calls or follow-up emails, please. This is a full-time position in Irvine, California.

Charke

Explorer
Hey thanks Krug!

Usually I don't head over to Blizzard. I love their stuff but I barely have 2nd year programming so I don't usually qualify for anything they want. The chance to write for them, however, well.... awesome, just awesome.

Mark Charke

Krug

Newshound
No problem. This one might also appeal:
http://www.blizzard.com/jobopp/designer-quest.shtml

Quest Designer

Blizzard is looking to hire a talented and enthusiastic quest designer for the World of Warcraft team. The position will involve the design and implementation of quest and event content. The ideal candidate must have a deep understanding of game design. This individual will possess an aptitude for critical thinking and analysis as well as demonstrate a mastery of logical problem solving. Creativity is a must.

Blizzard Entertainment offers a fun, creative, and technically rewarding environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.

Requirements

* Excellent oral and written communications skills
* Experience in Microsoft Word and Excel
* Strong creative writing skills
* Organizational skills
* Ability to work well under deadlines
* Experience playing massively multiplayer online role-playing games
* Experience writing character dialogue, short stories, or quest scripts

Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary history to resumes@blizzard.com.

Basic Tips for Resume/Demo Submission

No calls or follow-up emails, please. This is a full-time position in Irvine, California.

Charke

Explorer
Thanks again Krugg but I've never designed a quest for Wow. It seems perhaps the most embarising thing. I am surrounded by references to Wow (southpark, card games, Kodt) but it is pretty much the only Blizzard game I haven't played yet. I was a diablo II junkie - I still maintain 10 accounts.

Mark Charke

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Also, don't be caught by surprise if it takes them 6 weeks or more to call back. Their site says 3, but it can take quite a bit longer.

12thlvlnrd

First Post
Creamsteak said:
Also, don't be caught by surprise if it takes them 6 weeks or more to call back. Their site says 3, but it can take quite a bit longer.
Ah... So, I'm not for sure out of the running just yet.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Well, realistically you might be. From what I understand:

You send your stuff. Resumes, references, letters, work, whatever.

Nothing happens for a rather random amount of time.

Then one of two things will happen: (1) Blizzard will remove the page from their website (meaning they've filled the position and are no-longer taking applications for that position). Or (2) you get a phone call or an email.

That's pretty much it. If you make it to the phone call, you've made it farther than 99.9% of other applicants.

Remove ads