Pinnacle's Forgotten Forge, etc. OoC

Pinnacle

First Post
That's important, isn't it?
I'm looking for six players. Which characters won't necessarily be picked on a first-come-first-served basis but by interesting character concepts and hopefully a somewhat-decently balanced group.
Oh, and average starting gold, since I realized I left that out, too.

Dragonmarked family characters are fine, as long as they can play well with others.
Shared backstories with other PCs are certainly good. As for a bodyguard of an important NPC.. there are, I think, two that might work. What do you think about the death of your charge as a character motivation?

The death of a charge would be a good reason for the character to travel with the party, if it was an important NPC to the party (say, the patron of one or more members, or the adventuring group itself - I seem to recall that from the other time I played this module?). I can see the character going with the party because that was the last thing ordered, or because it's interpreted as the NPC's wishes (that the PCs succeed at whatever they were tasked with).

renau1g

First Post
Storm - Shifter Ranger

[sblock]
Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Storm
http://invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/16156/
[B]Class:[/B] Ranger 1	[b]Starting Level[/b]: 1
[B]Race:[/B] Shifter
[B]Region of Origin:[/b] Eldeen Reaches
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] CG
[B]Action Points:[/B] 5
[B]Deity:[/B] None

[B]Str:[/B] 12 +1 (04p.)	[B]Level:[/B] 1 [B]XP[/B]: 
[B]Dex:[/B] 18 +4 (10p.+2 Race)	[B]BAB:[/B] +1		[B]HP:[/B] 11/11
[B]Con:[/B] 16 +3 (10p.)	[B]Grapple:[/B] +2	[B]Craft Points:[/B] 
[B]Int:[/B]  8 -1 (02p.)	[B]Speed:[/B] 30'	[B]Stat Increases:[/b]
[B]Wis:[/B] 14 +2 (06p.)	[B]Init:[/B] +4	[B]Spell Save:[/B]
[B]Cha:[/B]  6 -2 (00p.)	[B]ACP:[/B] 		[B]Spell Fail:[/B] 0%

[B]	Base	Armor	Shld	Dex	Size	Nat	Misc	Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]	10	+3	+0	+4	+0	+0	+0	17
[B]Touch:[/B]	14	[B]Flatfooted:[/B] 10

[B]Spell Res:[/B] None
[B]Dmg Red:[/B] None

[B]	Total	Base	Mod	Misc[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]+5	+2	+3
[B]Ref:[/B]+6	+2	+4	
[B]Will:[/B]+2	+0	+2	
[B]Notes:[/B]

[B]Weapon			Attack	Damage	Critical	Range[/B]
Longbow          +5       1d8      x3        100ft
Spear             +2        1d8+1  x3         20ft.

[B]Languages:[/B] Common

[B]Abilities:[/B] 
2 dexterity, -2 intelligence, -2 charisma (already included)
Shifting; Beasthide
Low-light vision
+2 on balance, climb, and jump
Favored enemies
Track as bonus feat (already included)
Combat Style (Archery)
Wild empathy (roll level + Wisdom bonus)

Favored Enemies:
Humanoids (human) +2

[B]Feats: [/B]
Beast Hide Elite  
Track 

Traits: 

Farsighted (+1 Spot, -2 Search)
Suspicious (+1 Sense Motive, -1 Diplomacy/Intimidate)

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 24 [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 8/4
[B]Skills		Total	Mod 	Ranks	Misc[/B]
Balance	Dex*	5 = 	4		+2 [shifter] -1
Climb	Str*	3 = 	1	1	+2 [shifter] -1
Heal	Wis	3 = 	2	1	
Hide	Dex*	6 = 	4	3	-1
Jump	Str*	2 = 	1		+2 [shifter] -1
Knowledge (dungeoneering)	Int	0 = 	-1	1	
Knowledge (nature)	Int	0 = 	-1	1	
Listen	Wis	5 = 	2	3	
Move Silently	Dex*	6 = 	4	3	-1
Search	Int	-3 = 	-1		-2 [farsighted] 
Sense Motive	Wis	3 = 	2		+1 [suspicious]
Spot	Wis	6 = 	2	3	+1 [farsighted] 
Survival	Wis	4 = 	2	2	
Tumble	Dex*	4 = 	4	1	-1

[B]Equipment:	 		Cost	Weight[/B]
Studded Leather 25gp 	20 lbs
Longbow		75gp	3 lb
Arrows (40)	2gp	6lb
Spear		2gp	6lb
Sunrod x2	4gp	2lb
1x Potion CLW	25gp	.5 lb

[B]Total Weight:[/B]37.5lb	[B]Money:[/B] 17gp 0sp 0cp

[B]		Lgt	Med	Hvy	Lift	Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]	43	86	130	260	650

[B]Age:[/B] 21
[B]Height:[/B] 5' 4" 
[B]Weight:[/B] 144lbs
[B]Eyes:[/B] Red
[B]Hair:[/B] Dark Brown, long, scraggly
[B]Skin:[/B] Brown
[/sblock]
[sblock]
Storm, so named because his constant mood swings and violent anger, was born in the Eldeen Reaches to a nomadic shifter tribe and his father had fought with the Wardens of the Woods during the Last War, driving the Brelanders out. He saw the havok caused by the bandit lords as they looted the farmlands to the west of the country. His father was an accomplished woodsman and had an affinity for the bow, he trained Storm relentlessly, teaching him about the ways of the forest and that nature should be respected at all costs. Storm quickly developed a love for the bow as well and enjoyed the challenge of sneaking up on a deer and testing his skills out. He never cared how he looked and ignored the looks and whispers whenever he was amongst "civilized" people. His feral appearance only added to people's distrust of him and he didn't try to change their feelings. Storm honed his hunting skills and became quite adept at tracking humans who often used his peoples' lands as a staging ground to launch raids into Breland. Storm grew weary of his father's domineering personality and the constant friction between himself, who always struggled to control his temper, and his packmates so he deciced to travel to Breland to see if the other races were better suited to his temperment and to further irritate his father, who hated Brelanders...
[/sblock]

I'd love to try and weave the ending of the story in with another characters, preferably one who's not born in Sharn and maybe we can travel there together?

Last edited:

GammaPaladin

First Post
Yay! I want to play!

Um... I'm not sure *what* I want to play... But I definitely want in. I've always wanted to play this (Haven't had a proper group since Eberron was created really, and was mostly DMing then).

GammaPaladin

First Post
Wow, lots of fighter types already... Still, I could make a spiked chain user for battlefield control purposes, deal with the small fry types and let the others concentrate their (likely higher) damage on the big guys...

Or I could roll up a psion... Or an artificer... So many choices...

Redclaw

First Post
I, too, am interested in getting in on this. In the interest of full disclosure, I have run Forgotten forge and most of SotLW, and own the others. My RL group dissolved and/or shifted focus to Xen'Drik Expeditions (the RPGA campaign) so I never got to finish these great mods. I'd love to play my way through them if you're okay with that.

For a character (and a way to show that I'm totally not metagaming) I'd love to play a dragonwraught kobold rogue specializing in trapsmithing. I noticed Races of the Dragon wasn't on the list, but I'm hoping you'll be okay with having me use it.

GammaPaladin

First Post
Oh, question...

If I wanted to play a Half-Giant from XPH (LA +1), can I buy off the LA when he hits ECL 3? And if so, would he lose his NPC class level doing that (Just trying to wrap my head around how that would work... would kind of suck to go from expert 1/fighter 2 to expert 1/fighter 1 instead of just dropping to fighter 2 ;) )

Assuming psionic Half Giants are allowed, naturally.

n/m, I get it. He's a Half-Giant warrior until he hits ECL2, then he's just a Half-Giant fighter level 1.

Still leaves the question though, can I play a half-giant, and will we be allowed to do buy-off if we survive that long? :)

Last edited:

greenstar

First Post
Raysuldra Icewind
Class: Barbarian 1 Starting Level: 1
Race: Human
Size: Medium
Alignment: CG
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Green
Weight: 130
Height: 5'4"

Str 16 +4 bonus when raging
Dex 15
Con 12 +4 bonus when raging
Int 12
Wis 12
Cha 10

HP: 15 AC: 15
Touch: 12
Flat-footed: 13
Initiative: +2
Speed: 40'
BAB: +1
Grapple: 4

Fort +5
Ref +2
Will +1 +2 bonus when raging

Weapon
Greataxe 1d12 x3 slashing +1 on attack rolls with greataxe, 1 1/2 strength bonus
Shortbow 1d6 x3 60 ft. piercing

Skill Points: 24
Literate 2
Intimidate 4 +0
Climb 4 +3
Listen 4 +1
Jump 4 +3
Swim 4 +3
Spot 2 +1

Feats:
Dragon Totem (white)
Weapon Focus (greataxe)

Equipment
Backpack
Bedroll
Waterskin
Quiver with 20 arrows
Flint and steel
Studded leather armor

Money
5 gp

Languages
Common
Argon

Background
Raysuldra's parents were on a ship that was attacked by dragon turtles. Her father died but her mother got away and they came to Seren on a boat. Her mother died of starvation but the White Wanderer tribe found her and raised her. One of the tribes dragonspeakers told her she had a prophecy to fulfill in Khorvaire so Raysuldra sailed to the Lhazaar Principalities where she got a job as a sailor on a merchant ship. The dragonspeaker didn't say much except she go to the biggest city on Khorvaire so when she got enough money she went to Sharn.

Last edited:

Pinnacle

First Post
Redclaw: I'm not familiar with dragonwrought, but if you can give me the information I'll consider it.

GammaPaladin: Half-giant is fine. You can use the LA buy-off, but it needs to be ECL 4, not three. You also don't lose a class level; your ECL drops by one, but that's because your LA is gone.

[sblock=GoddessFallenAngel]The problem with being a bodyguard for an NPC is that there aren't any NPCs who would be traveling with the group. There are two that might work, however.

One is Lady Elaydren d'Cannith, who will want to be the party patron. She's not expecting any particular attacks, isn't completely incapable of defending herself, and would also have a human warrior on her payroll, so asking your character to go with the other PCs instead of staying with her would be reasonable.

The other is Provost Bonal Geldem of Morgrave University. The adventure starts with the PCs being first on the scene of his murder, so his bodyguard could definitely become involved. The issue here is explaining his murder without making your character look incompetent, but I have an idea about pulling it off.[/sblock]

Sorry about my late reply. I had a surprisingly busy day. I'll look over the posted character sheets shortly.

Remove ads