Chaos and Law are IN!

the Jester

Legend
RyukenAngel said:
Care to cite a line or page portion?

-edit-
Found it. Statblock.

Yeah, the 'alignment' line in all the gnoll entries says Chaotic evil.

I know we'll see less emphasis of law and chaos in 4e; heck, we'll see less influence of alignment in general. I'm glad to see that law and chaos remain in the core, though.

So I guess now the question is: Is there just Lawful and Chaotic (in the same way there is Good and Evil) as alignments or do Lawful and Chaotic only come appended to Good or Evil?
I mean is there still Lawful Neutral and Chaotic Neutral, in 3E speak?

Atlatl Jones

Explorer
mach1.9pants said:
So I guess now the question is: Is there just Lawful and Chaotic (in the same way there is Good and Evil) as alignments or do Lawful and Chaotic only come appended to Good or Evil?
I would think that those would just be called Lawful and Chaotic.

ChaosShard

Explorer
mach1.9pants said:

My guess:

Any alignment + neutral becomes "alignment", because neutral is gone and replaced by the void of 'unaligned'. this means the new Pit Fiend would be NE under the previous editions where he's now just Evil. That would make a LN character Lawful, a CN character Chaotic, etc...

themilkman

First Post
I hope that Neutral stays in. And when I say Neutral, I mean "a philosophical opposition to either (or any) extreme." Before, Neutral was in the uncomfortable position of representing two different alignments--a dedication to maintaining the middle road or a total lack of concern with law/chaos/good/evil. Now we have Unaligned to express the latter, so Neutral can mean what it is supposed to mean.

Maybe that is too complicated for some folks, but I like it anyway.

hong

WotC's bitch
Wolfspider said:
Wow. There is actually a monster role called "artillery"?!?

That sure disrupts my suspension of disbelief.
Pish tosh. If you can handle a monster stat called "saving throw", you can handle a monster stat called "artillery".

Remove ads