Anyone want to play a real game?

Zarex

First Post
I was thinking that it would be cool to actually play in a campaign with some of the people/characters that I know from the roads. It would explain how we all knew each other and why we started adventuring together (Always a nightmare for alot of gaming groups) and it would deepen the story because we know alot about the characters backgrounds.

I was thinking that using DnD 3.5 rules would work. We'd have to standardize some levels and all of that. But I think that the idea has alot of potential. We could even use the CRT to host the gaming hook.

The best site that I've found for online messageboard gaming is www.rpol.net. I would love to play in the game with one of my characters, or I might be able to DM.

What do you think?

Elf_Ariel

First Post
I'm first to admit;

I've never played a real game in my life.

On the other hand, I'm good with learning.

Perhaps not with Ariel though XD.

Sienna_Rose

First Post
Zarex said:
Okay... maybe not.

You have to give people some time before giving up. Some more details might be helpful too - you mention using CRT as the hook, then mention messageboard gaming. So, would it be a "live" (ie, everyone on at one time, in the chat) game, or done through messages? Of course, there are pros and cons to both sides.

Given schedules and scattered time zones, just waiting 1 day for responses is a bit too short of a time. Hang in there.

Zarex

First Post
Cool.

As far as online gaming goes, I prefer the message board format (especially as provided at rpol, as they have dice rollers, character sheets, gm menus and all of that.) We could certainly include live elements. Like setting up the tavern as a base of operations for the adventuring party. Which would make getting adventure hooks and ideas alot easier.

If we wanted to, we could even create new characters. That way we wouldn't have to take our established out of play at the roads for while we're on adventures. (I'd like to try it with established characters who go back a little way.)

At the beginning we can go easy on those who don't have much (if any) actuall DnD experience.

Remove ads