godlings

James V

First Post
Protector_corwin said:
"Or in James' case, I just absolutely love the character personality because of its uniqueness"

Uniqueness does not mean bashing other players via characters....I was in as another character when James bashed another...granted he is ignored on my screen now but it was uncalled for....the other character said something and told James to leave him alone and james insisted on entering the conversation....there is a limit to the "Uniqueness" of a characters personality....one should not try and force themselves into a conversation, that is the reason most have left the site and gone to another site to rp.

First off I don't know who in the Blue Blazing hells you are to even have the stones to come out and say something like that, I'm bashing a character via IC because I don't like their player OOC? You ever come to think that I'm not, You don't know a damn thing stuck in your own insecurities that have manifested themselves into one long post of whining and crying, he did this to me IC which means he doesn't like me OOC, and to my knowledge no one has said anything to me OOC wise which I'd rather abide by, You don't even know the type of character James is or what he feels or everything around him, but then again you haven't been around for aslong as I have, and I know where I stand, I have had so many people messaging me saying its blessing to have me around rpin' a character for that long. So this is how its going to be, You either leave or I leave or you shut your loud ignorant mouth and don't post a flipping thing about the subject again because I am so :):):):)ing sick of all this damn drama I'm to the point where its a hastle to come on the site and interact rather then a fun experience.

Tharivious

First Post
Anonymous Poster said:
The problem is, nothing is peaceful here.
I believe Apolline's point was that it can be if people would stop intentionally breeding conflict on the boards over issues that cannot be controlled by moderation, particularly ones that may or may not be a justified problem due to nebulous circumstances. Seriously, if people would stop publicly complaining over singular issues immediately after they occur in order to instigate a larger issue, and instead handle them quietly in mature, person to person discussions with only the people that are involved (and the Magi, if a CoC violation is involved), this place would certainly be a peaceful one, OOC, at least.

Elf_Ariel

First Post
I play a know it all. I can honestly say that because that's exactly what Ariel is/does. She watches, studies, makes assumptions, alliances, bets, deals, relationships etc. I'm also aware, that the fact that she knows so much is irritating to some people. The fact that I know so little, irritates me XD. Much the same way as James is old, Ariel is, in terms of my RPing, my eldest long-running character. She's been through the thick and thin of a lot of things, she's seen many strange and curious wonders and she's done heaps of study since she's been here. Hence logically she does know quite a bit. That's part of her 'character' part of her 'charm'. She doesn't ever wonder, she's very rarely unsure, outwardly anyways. That makes her irritating. Hey, I dont blame folk for getting annoyed; it would aggrivate me too when someone's that way in real life. But she is supposed to be that way, not all candies and cream. Unlike James though, Ariel's not really forward about it. Is there something wrong with having a pushy character? I dont think so. They're just the people you wanna hit in the head, when they jump the queue at the supermarket.

So what the hey, if you dont like it, find a way to niggle back. It's worked so far for me ;-).

Magi_Apolline

ISRP Moderator
Tharivious said:
I believe Apolline's point was that it can be if people would stop intentionally breeding conflict on the boards over issues that cannot be controlled by moderation, particularly ones that may or may not be a justified problem due to nebulous circumstances. Seriously, if people would stop publicly complaining over singular issues immediately after they occur in order to instigate a larger issue, and instead handle them quietly in mature, person to person discussions with only the people that are involved (and the Magi, if a CoC violation is involved), this place would certainly be a peaceful one, OOC, at least.

Thank you Tharivious.

And please, lets avoid profanity on the message boards. It is against ISRP and EN World policy, as is the masking of it. It would be an unfortunate event for any persons in question if the filter fails. Please avoid further language in the future.

Also remember that no single player has the authority to tell another player what they can or cannot post on the boards unless it is a Magi. Another thing to consider before responding to threads.

Another suggestion is to absorb something fully before responding. We as people have a natural reaction to respond to things immediately and sometimes forget that tact is something very important to use when dealing with people.

Lets try to stay on topic before the thread is lost to insults and name calling. If the thread continues to decline it will result in the thread being closed.

Last edited:

I guess the point I was trying to make is lost now...I thought before any form of conflict whether it be fighting or words needed to be accepted by both sides...a simple pm such as Hey can I annoy your character would let someone know that you are trying to roleplay a pushy character and not aggrivate someone to the point of wanting to report another. Simply be kind about it. I still have people pm me asking to start trouble with mine and all it boils down to is strong words between characters. Just be considerate.

Bari

First Post
There is a difference between PMing someone to ask if (s)he wouldn't mind a fight or just general trouble, and PMing to ask if (s)he wouldn't mind me "annoying her character." I mean, how am I supposed to know what annoys a character?

Granted, if I see the character I'm dealing with starting to boil up IC, I -will- ask the player if (s)he doesn't mind. But that is not, repeat not, neccessary, and frankly, it's more of a "Hey, I'm a good player I'm asking you. Admire me." thing. A subtle OOC show-off thing, a self-promoting propaganda thing. Because as long as it doesn't completely mess up all of the other one's conversations and as long as it doesn't get physical, there is absolutely no reason to ask for permission or the like.

A couple months ago, my character started verbally pestering over and over and over another char, calling her friend a "rape result" because he was a half-orc, and repeating rape over and over. To the point it was actually annoying OOC. Or might have been, for some. I'm still not sure if the player was angry at me. I don't remember if I apologized afterwards, I think I did. But I don't repent of having had my character annoy the whole tavern. He was like that. Granted, if I was to do it now, I'd have had him pester her for 15 minutes and not 45. It's kind of a polite thing. But I didn't disrespect her, the other players, or the CoC. I apologized just because I thought she might have been angry, but -not- because I had to apologize, at all.

You can't just tell people to ask you if it's okay to "annoy" your character, there are limits to things, if they play an annoying character, and it annoys yours, well, there's nothing you can do about it. I'm pretty sure all of our characters annoy someone at some point.

Magi_Trelian

First Post
Bari said:
...calling her friend a "rape result" because he was a half-orc, and repeating rape over and over. ...

Hmmm...

Okay, if that had been reported, Bari, you probably would have gotten a warning. It doesn't quite fall into the Code of Conduct's prohibition on depicting rape or describing a rape, but the subject is a very VERY sensitive one for many people. Generally people should be very careful (more careful than their rough fantasy-world characters) on using terms such as rape or abortion. And people who are particularly sensitive to those terms should PM other players right away if it comes up, and ask that they please pick another topic, instead of letting it develop into a major problem or letting it drive them away.

It's all part of trying to keep to a generally PG-13 site and a level that the majority of people are comfortable RPing.

Bari

First Post
As I said, I should have pestered for 10 minutes and not 45, and apologized later. I still don't repent for having made my character that way, through. In any case, I -might- have repented it of bringing him here. But that had a quick solution, and I took it, and he's not here anymore ;).

Magi_Trelian

First Post
Having a character who's an obnoxious pushy guy who insults everyone IC is fine! As long as it's kept IC, kept equal-opportunity (don't seem to target specific chars or players), and the insults are kept clean (which is where "rape result" becomes questionable). And as long as you don't get upset when people start walking out of the tavern as soon as they see your char or otherwise avoiding/ignoring him. And as long as you're aware that some people -will- assume that the player is equally obnoxious.

Remove ads