Making your own power cards

wcpfish

First Post
quick edit

Just to let u know Cape of the Mountebank with an N not Mounteback with a C, and thanks for all your efforts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timba

First Post
Znax

It's great!!! Would you send me the php code of your generator? I would like to translate it to Hungarian? ( My team is translating Ander's set to Hungartian. ) My mail is mail@timba.biz.

Thank you very much in advanced.

Thindaraiel

First Post
Thindaraiel's template (previously Enhanced Ander's)

Some weeks ago, I posted a modified version of Ander's template. I found his template really useful but wanted to add some graphics and functionnalities. The first version of this modified template was named "Enhanced Ander's template". But this name led to some confusion, so I decided that I would give another name to a new version.

Here is the second version of this template, with a new name, and to avoid another confusion I named it "Thindaraiel 1.0".
You can download it here (no french package this time, it will come later) : Thindaraiel1.0.zip

I finished this version some days ago, before the idea of a common "game" file for all templates occured on the forum. Therefore, when this project will be completed, I will release a new version of my template.

I deeply modified the template from its previous version. Here are the main features :
- the 4 old styles (Parchment, Marble, Shaded, Simple) are now merged into a unique style. The "theme" of the card can be selected from a drop down menu. 2 more styles were added : Wood and Marble2. Each theme has both a card background and appropriate headers.
- Header colors and shapes have now 2 separate menus. There is now 18 colors to choose from.
- There is now 2 styles : Horizontal, which is the old Ander's landscape design, and a new Vertical style, with a portrait orientation. With 18 colors, 6 themes and 2 styles, you can now have 216 different cards !!
- I added some icons, seen on this forum : Reaction, Beast, Ranged Blast and ranged wall. Icons are now colored from the card color (i.e. 18 colors available !). Some range icons activate a range value and/or a burst radius value text zone near the icon.
- Damage icon is larger, and can be multiple (up to 4 damage types). But I had to suppress some lateral boxes and reduce the descriptors zone
- the template allow to create "Powers" cards, or character "Sheets" cards. Sheets are on the same format than powers, and are abstracts of the character sheets. For the moment, these are only empty sheets that you will have to complete manually, but in the future, I want to add fields to allow entering values. There are 4 fields, one is a complete model (useful for monsters and NPCs, as they give a complete overview of the creature), and the 3 others are designed for a PC, a sheet for the profile, another for Hit points and Surges, the last for the competences.

In a few days, I will publish a conversion guide to help those who have a previous set in Original Ander's or Enhanced Ander's templates to migrate their sets in the new format.

I hope you will find all this enhancements useful, and I hope that some technical ideas will inspire other template designers ! Every feedback is welcome !

Last edited:

eloquentaction

First Post
Some weeks ago, I posted a modified version of Ander's template. I found his template really useful but wanted to add some graphics and functionnalities. The first version of this modified template was named "Enhanced Ander's template". But this name led to some confusion, so I decided that I would give another name to a new version.

Here is the second version of this template, with a new name, and to avoid another confusion I named it "Thindaraiel 1.0".
You can download it here (no french package this time, it will come later) : Thindaraiel1.0.zip

I finished this version some days ago, before the idea of a common "game" file for all templates occured on the forum. Therefore, when this project will be completed, I will release a new version of my template.

I deeply modified the template from its previous version. Here are the main features :
- the 4 old styles (Parchment, Marble, Shaded, Simple) are now merged into a unique style. The "theme" of the card can be selected from a drop down menu. 2 more styles were added : Wood and Marble2. Each theme has both a card background and appropriate headers.
- Header colors and shapes have now 2 separate menus. There is now 18 colors to choose from.
- There is now 2 styles : Horizontal, which is the old Ander's landscape design, and a new Vertical style, with a portrait orientation. With 18 colors, 6 themes and 2 styles, you can now have 216 different cards !!
- I added some icons, seen on this forum : Reaction, Beast, Ranged Blast and ranged wall. Icons are now colored from the card color (i.e. 18 colors available !). Some range icons activate a range value and/or a burst radius value text zone near the icon.
- Damage icon is larger, and can be multiple (up to 4 damage types). But I had to suppress some lateral boxes and reduce the descriptors zone
- the template allow to create "Powers" cards, or character "Sheets" cards. Sheets are on the same format than powers, and are abstracts of the character sheets. For the moment, these are only empty sheets that you will have to complete manually, but in the future, I want to add fields to allow entering values. There are 4 fields, one is a complete model (useful for monsters and NPCs, as they give a complete overview of the creature), and the 3 others are designed for a PC, a sheet for the profile, another for Hit points and Surges, the last for the competences.

In a few days, I will publish a conversion guide to help those who have a previous set in Original Ander's or Enhanced Ander's templates to migrate their sets in the new format.

I hope you will find all this enhancements useful, and I hope that some technical ideas will inspire other template designers ! Every feedback is welcome !

That's a much improved set, Thindariel.

I'll take some of your ideas and incorporate them into the Universal Card Set Project.

One thing that's stumping me is the Set Style Definitions. Those are defined in the GAME file, but each set is most likely going to want to do their own. I'm wondering if they can be moved to the STYLE file, or possibly defined in such a way as they appear in an include file that moves with the card template being used.

Once I jump this (and two other) hurdles, I'll release the version 0.1a of the UCSP.

-- Hirahito

warderbrad

Explorer
That's a much improved set, Thindariel.

I'll take some of your ideas and incorporate them into the Universal Card Set Project.

One thing that's stumping me is the Set Style Definitions. Those are defined in the GAME file, but each set is most likely going to want to do their own. I'm wondering if they can be moved to the STYLE file, or possibly defined in such a way as they appear in an include file that moves with the card template being used.

Once I jump this (and two other) hurdles, I'll release the version 0.1a of the UCSP.

-- Hirahito

Will your Universal Card set support character and monster cards as well as power and item cards? The main reason I have not wanted to use the Ander set or your own (regardless of how nice they look) is because I can't make one file for my character and be done with it. If you would like someone to help share the burden of that part I am happy to help, I have heard nothing from you regarding the offer of help before.

DennisB

First Post
eloquentaction

Speaking about the universal cards, I want to help with the universal card decks, i am a stay at home father and have plenty of time to input information onto the cards. also, i want to e-mail you a sample of what i have been working on and i want you to tell me what you think about this set up for the universal decks, all decks will have the same set up. When finished, it will have all information from the books, dragon magazine and any other official source i can find and if i can't find, it I'm sure you can and send it to me to input it into the decks. I hope you agree to allow me to assist on this project for i would be a big asset.

catsclaw227

First Post

Which *.mse-set file should we use with your new templates?

Thindaraiel

First Post

I'm already working on moving all style infos to another location. I wanted to post this version to have some feedback, even if I knew that I'd have to modify it again for the UCSP.

I made a list of the infos I need for the template. Here it is :
- background : the image background of the card. (Should be moved to the style)
- header color : color of the card
- header shape : the appearance of left/right/center zones for icons/title (should depend on the style)
- name : name of the card
- super_type : class/race of the character (should be renamed)
- sub-type : type of the power (should be renamed)
- level
- left icon : reserved zone for action/item icon. (Should be split into "action" and "item" icons)
- right icon : reserved zone for range icon. (Should be renamed "range")
- rangevalue : distance in squares
- burstvalue : distance in squares
- frequency : use a drop down list
- flags : free text
- rule text : free text
- flavor text : free text
- box label1, box label2, box label3 : 3 additional text infos

I hope this will help you in defining the first draft of the game file.

Remove ads