Creamsteak's Pathfinder Sunless Citadel [OOC]

Creamsteak

Explorer
You've probably seen the news, but if you havn't, Paizo is going to make what is essentially an alternative player's handbook. It's essentially a different game than D&D, but it hasn't stepped too far outside of the normal boundaries.

http://paizo.com/

My intent is to stick to a module that can be completed in a couple months (roughly 2 4 hour sessions is what I would expect for it at my table). I also want to take something 1st level, just to get a touch of the game really. I don't want to dip my whole leg into the pond, as it stands.

You can get the rules necessary right here: http://paizo.com/store/downloads/pathfinderRPG/v5748btpy8253

I'm looking for 4 characters. A Cleric, a Fighter, a Rogue, and a Wizard.

I havn't finished the read through of the initial rules, but you can expect very basic character creation rules. I'll need to finish looking through things to flesh it out, but I'm expecting average starting gold, standard hp fair.

The module I'm thinking of running is actually an older 3.0 module you might be familiar with - The Sunless Citadel. That might change, but for now I'd like to be able to run with that. Hopefully there are four people out there that havn't played it before. If that's not the case I might be able to find something else.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
I'll wait on deciding hit points. They list 5 options in the book, and they say they would like it if playtesters played around to find what they want. I think all of them have different positives and negatives. I'm personally considering the last listed option (class + con score) for 1st level.

I think they omitted starting gold (no equipment section afterall). I'm going to be generous and give 300 gp for starting gear for everyone.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Skill Focus isn't mentioned as one of the feats omitted beacause of redudancy, but isn't in the Alpha guide either. Is it okay to assume that it is available?

Pinotage

Explorer
Creamsteak, if you'll have me, I'd love to try the new rules and see how things go. I think I'll be brave and take the cleric, and see how that pans out.

Pinotage

Remove ads