Break of Dawn Part 2 [Manzanita judging] COMPLETED

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Actually, I'm disturbed by the fact that neither Eanos nor I were able to sense Graven's treachery until it was too late. There is still a possibility that the Guardian told us mostly the truth but left out something...The Guardian is probably telling the truth, but I think it's possible that the Guardian is also lying. It seems odd that the druids of old didn't put the two amulet halves together in the first place and now the Guardian wants us to do it. Consider this possible scenario: The Guardian tells us the truth about all the abilities of the amulet except that the Guardian is the trapped demon, hence those major abjuration wards we saw, and it can release itself if both halves of the amulet are brought together."

"I agree completely that we need to find the other half that Graven or his supposed 'friend' possesses, but just in case, I think we should find a different but equally safe place for the amulet and not give it to the Guardian."

NakuruSai

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"A reason?" Ally is a bit surprised at Mordik's statement, "He's depraved and in league with devils--as he told us, he sent another group to get the amulet half, they also met the guardian, and they returned and told him the truth, so he killed them. And then he was going to kill us too, to keep the truth of the amulet secret and try again with another group. Hells, if he strips the groups he kills of all their gear, he makes a profit each time."

Mordik nods thoughtfully. He seems to open his mouth in retort but thinks better of it, closes his mouth, and then just says, Well, let's look around for him, then.

9hp/21hp
first heal, CLW wand (1d8 1=9)
18/21.

B4cchus

Explorer
The door seems to be locked but Mordik easily unlocks it with his lockpicks.

When you open the door you see an almost empty halway. Dunbar stands about ten feet away from the door. His face bears a mixed expression of both surprise and fear.
As he sees you coming form the room he seems frozen in place (not literally).
He tries to say something but his mouth moves without making any sound.

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

B4cchus said:
The door seems to be locked but Mordik easily unlocks it with his lockpicks.

When you open the door you see an almost empty halway. Dunbar stands about ten feet away from the door. His face bears a mixed expression of both surprise and fear.
As he sees you coming form the room he seems frozen in place (not literally).
He tries to say something but his mouth moves without making any sound.

Eanos cracks his knuckles and stares the man down.

"Graven. Now. Any warning to him and I'll break the first bone on you I can touch, and keep going until you've lost your voice from the screaming."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion plants his still enlarged staff on the ground and does his best to look grim and menacing.

OOC: How many minutes have passed since the end of the fight? Quarion's shillelagh spell lasts for 4 minutes.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Ally may not agree with Eanos's harshness, but she agrees with the sentiment. If Dunbar doesn't look ready to crack yet, she's willing to play good cop to Eanos's bad. But she figures that the toady of an evil maniac like Graven will fall in line quickly out of fear.*

Remove ads