Mellubb's Xen'drik Heroes

frostrune

First Post
"I am sorry for your loss, Sir", Dreth says with a graceful bow. "We take this matter very seriously and will find your nephew and the others."

"I do have a few questions if you will indulge me?"
He waits for the Harbor Lord's affirmative nod before continuing.

"While I'm sure your divinations are correct I can't help but wonder why children would be used as slaves, there is so much more worthy stock to draw from here in the city?"

"What more can you tell us of these children? How many should we be looking for? What are their ages? Are they all males like your nephew? Are they drawn from a particular social circle?"

"As you can probably tell I am looking for some deeper significance. For instance, the captors have nearly invited pursuit by leaving behind a calling card. Surely, they would know that a man of your means could trace it. Why would they do this?"

Mellubb

First Post
"Those are all valid points. I have asked the guards to find out how many children are missing. The only got 6 families to say they are missing kids. But, that doesn't mean that is all that are missing though. All the children are between 8 and 12 years of age. And yes they are all males. I believe the most obvious course of action for me is to focus all my attention to recovering my nephew. I think the big scheme is an attack on stormreach. But I have no evidence of this. That is why I wanted to make sure I had people who wanted to do the right thing on this mission. I can not allow the city to be overrun. I need oyu to not only rescue the children, but also find any evidence of their bigger plan. I will double security efforts while you are gone to try to nip any attacks in the bud. Please return as quickly as possible.

Graybeard

Explorer
Children of 8 to 12 years of age hardly seem like worthy slave material. They would hardly be strong enouigh to work in a mine. There must be something esle. Ransom perhaps? It is common in all lands both civilized and not. Perhaps as hostages for some unknown sceme? I have heard of children held hostage against possible attack. One nation or tribe holds family members of their enemy hostage in case they are attacked. Siroc hypothesizes.

Walking Dad

First Post
"Justice will be served!" Honor affirms. He isn't interested in motives or anything. Kidnapping hepless people is evil. And evil mustn't be tolerated.

frostrune

First Post
Graybeard said:
Children of 8 to 12 years of age hardly seem like worthy slave material. They would hardly be strong enouigh to work in a mine. There must be something esle. Ransom perhaps? It is common in all lands both civilized and not. Perhaps as hostages for some unknown sceme? I have heard of children held hostage against possible attack. One nation or tribe holds family members of their enemy hostage in case they are attacked. Siroc hypothesizes.

Dreth smiles approvingly at the Argonese, silently acknowledging his agreement.

"Justice most certainly shall be served," he says to both the warforged and His Lordship.

"What is the name of your nephew Sir, and how shall we recognize him?"

After his response he continues with a couple more questions.

"I assume you would have us leave immediately, your Lordship. Are we to be afforded a guide to the region or provided a map of sorts? Additionally, how shall we be provisioned?"

"Small details to be sure, but important and time consuming ones nonetheless."

Ruslanchik

First Post
Wanderer looks approvingly at the newcomer Dreth (a skillful bunch of allies I will have, he thinks) and addresses the Habormaster with several questions of his own:

"Did your nephew carry any items of significance with him--anything we could use to track him magically?

"Do you have any more information on this goblin stronghold? How many goblinoids live in the area? Will there be anything other than goblins to deal with?

"Is there any connection between the other 6 children and your nephew or your family? Do these children come from high-ranking families also?"

Wanderer remains suspicious about the Harbormaster and his motivations, fearful that he and his new allies are being fooled into sacrificing themselves for the material or political gain of the Harbormaster.

Mellubb

First Post
"You will all be provided with mage-bread horses for the journey. You will each be rewarded with 1000gp for returning the children and another 1000gp if you can bring information back about any future plots against Stormreach.
I have no doubt that hobgoblins will not be your toughest advisaries. Although our divinations have failed to see their leadership or numbers. I trust you are capable enough to scout the area yourselves and then make your own plan to complete the assignment.
My nephews name is Simon. He was in his bed asleep when he was taken so I doubt he has anything distinguising on him. But, he does carry my last name, poor chap never new his father."

Necro_Kinder

First Post
Bones doesn't exactly like the idea of riding horses, but he knows it's the fastest way. He listens to the others asking questions, and mentally makes notes of what is being said. He silently laughs when the Warforged spouts his "justice will be served" jargon. All he wants to know now is when they get to leave.

"When do we leave?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Ruslanchik said:
"I'm ready now. Surely every moment wasted means more unnecessary suffering for these children. Does anyone need healing before we set out?"
"I am ready to leave at once. No need for repair. Does anyone require time for provisions? If not we should hasten our efforts. Where are these horses?" Honor asks.

Remove ads