[ooc] - Dogville - a bloody 3.5 game [5/5]

doghead

thotd
ooc - Dogville

Voda - Spell like abilities do attract AoO's. I can't see anything that says you can't use it while prone. Its not a ranged weapon, so no -4 penalty to hit. You will even get a +4 AC bonus against the goblin archers. Actually, I'm inclined to say they can't see Zarpox while prone because the wolf is blocking their view.

The only ways to avoid an AoO that I can see are 1) do nothing, 2) cast defensively, 3) withdraw (which in this case would mean scrambling under the wagon on your hands and knees). Technically, withdraw is a full round action, so Zarpox won't be able to stand this round. Which is about as realistic as saying that the wolf can't maul his xxxx as he crawls away. You win some, you lose some.

The others might see some other alternatives.

While on the topic of spells and spell like, gyogin, is Fire Ray a spell like ability or a spell? I'm thinking the former.

doghead
aka thotd

Voda Vosa

First Post
Yes, but an hideous blow is an invocation that applies in a melle attack. It generates aoo if the meleea attack would generate one.

doghead

thotd
ooc - Dogville

Voda - Perhaps you should give me a run down on the Eldritch Blast and Hideous Blow abilities.

I'm not going to re-write Round 7, but sorting it now will help to avoid misunderstandings in the future.

doghead
aka thotd

Voda Vosa

First Post
Well, lets see, to keep this short:

Warlocks have their spell like ability, Eldrich blast. Additionally they have "invocations" Some invocations affect the nature of the eldrich blast, and some affect its shape.
For example, I could have chosen "frightful blast" as an invocation that affects the nature of the eldrich blast, which that adds "shakening" to the eldrich blast.
I could have chosen Eldrich spear, a shape invocation that allows me to shoot from 100ft instead of 30. Hideous blow is in this category. It allows me to add the eldrich blast damage, if I succeed in an attack roll. I imagine that the eldrich blast acquires the shape of an aura, or an electric force around the weapon.

Its a matter of deciding how to use the invocations to shape the eldrich blast as you wish, and then use the modified eldrich blast.

doghead

thotd
ooc - Dogville

Short is good. As I understand it -

Eldritch Blast (Sp) range 30 feet, 1d6 damage.

* Hideous Blow (invocation) - shapes the blast ability, allowing the warlock to use it to add 1d6 damage to a melee attack. The melee attack needs to hit I assume - like Smite Evil. Can it be used with an unarmed attack?

So in its basic form Eldritch Blast is basically a ranged attack spell. Altering it with the Hideous Blow invocation makes it becomes a damage bonus to a melee attack.

doghead
aka thotd

doghead

thotd
ooc - Dogville

70 if you add the wounded goblin that just made a run for darkness.

WD - Which page is the Pathfinder turning to heal information on? I can't find it again.

Voda - front or back wagon? Currently Ather Brottor, Kaddok, Winison, Humbar and Heik are around the front wagon. Alton and Roth are on the rear wagon.

If the rear wagon, Zarpox is some 25 feet from the others. Speaking with them will mean raising his voice, which means the goblins will have a chance to over hear him.

BTW, anyone seen gyojin recently?

doghead
aka thotd

Walking Dad

First Post
doghead said:
ooc - Dogville

70 if you add the wounded goblin that just made a run for darkness.

WD - Which page is the Pathfinder turning to heal information on? I can't find it again.

doghead
aka thotd

Healed one goblin? Kaddok needs this feat to spare targets ;)
I have updated to alpha 2. There it is on page 59. Rolled a 5 on 1d6.

doghead

thotd
ooc - dogville

Got it. End of the combat section along with other special attacks.

I haven't updated to v2. I'm mostly using the core material anyway.

doghead
aka thotd

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases