GM1: Bizarre Bazaar

covaithe

Explorer
"Hello, lads, come have a look at this," Octavio says as he calls the party over to the warrior's corpse. Dropping his voice so Lara can't hear he'll continue, "What should we do with him? Maybe you could say a little something, Father?"

"Oh my, yes. Poor wretch. I'm just glad there isn't a smaller body to go with it. Halina's eyes must have been on Lara, surely." Phelan busies himself with extracting the corpse from the piles of bones and cleaning it up as best he can.

On checking the purse, Octavio discovers a sizeable pile of coins. With a quick count, he totals 100 platinum dragons and 300 gold crowns.

Ignoring Octavio for the moment, Jinx goes to fetch his Everburning Lantern first. Back at the foot of the ledge, he ties one end of the rope to its handle, then calls up. "I'm bringin' up a lantern and some rope, Lara! Can you grab it when it comes floatin' by..?"

He sets the assembly down. Concentrates for a few seconds, and just like that, it goes floating up towards the ledge, casting light and shifting shadows on it as it rises

Lara easily reaches out and snags the lantern with its trailing rope. "Oh, that's so much nicer. Thank you, mister. Oh my gosh! Ick! Yuck! There's a dead person up here! Eeeeeeeeeee! Moooooom! Help!" The lantern's light wavers wildly, and you can see the girl huddling as close as she dares to the edge of the ledge.

"Lara!" Serana shouts, jumping forward as if to interpose her body between the ground and a falling child, but after a tense moment, Lara finds a more secure position to cower in.

Tank turns to the mother, "I don't suppose there's a ladder back home?

"I'm sure someone in the village does, but if you can get them to leave their tankards for a minute and help someone, you'll be doing better than I've managed," Serana answers sourly, once she is satisfied that Lara is not in immediate danger of falling.

jaker2003

Explorer
Tank 1/13hp

"I'm sure someone in the village does, but if you can get them to leave their tankards for a minute and help someone, you'll be doing better than I've managed," Serana answers sourly, once she is satisfied that Lara is not in immediate danger of falling.
Tank nods. "We can see about that."

Tank calls Phelan over and speaks to him and Serana at once. "I don't think we're equipped to deal with this as we are, and that nobody wants to wait for morning. I think that if Serana can guide me back to that bar, I can get us what we need."

If Serana is hesitant to go, then Tank pushes his potion into Phelan's hands and tries to persuade Serana that it's the safest and fastest way to get her daughter back; and Lara will be no worse off when they get back.

Hopefully unnecessary Attempt to persuade mother (1d20-2=8)

covaithe

Explorer
Serana touches Tank on the arm. "Thanks very much for the suggestion, but... well..." she blushes slightly in the dim light before continuing. "The folks in this town don't very much like people who are... different. That's part of why I have so much trouble. And you... well..." She looks up and down at Tank's greenish skin, his tusks, his huge, almost monstrous frame and gestures helplessly. Then she takes another look and claps her hand to her mouth. "Oh! I didn't realize you were so badly hurt. Here," and she mumbles a few words and touches Tank again, this time sending a bloom of healing energy into him. (ooc: heals 7. "I'm afraid I can't do much more for you today, but of course I'll do what I can tomorrow as well. And the next day, if need be. I owe you that much." She sighs. "Your courage puts me to shame. If you think you can talk those... those villagers into lending us a ladder, of course I'll take you there. But do you really think they'll listen to you?"

jaker2003

Explorer
Tank holds up his coin purse, shakes it so it jingles, and says, "Let's be off then."
Tank leads the way through the darkness, keeping Serana close for directions, intent on reaching the village and the bar quickly.

Robichaud

Explorer
Jinx will stick around. Also, he calls up to the girl again. "Lara, I know it's scary, but - can ya see anythin' solid up there to tie the rope to, or loop it around?"

Heckler

First Post
"You're a better man than I, Jinx. You actually think she can tie that rope off tight enough to support one of us?"

"Hello, Lara! My name is Octavio. If you can lower one end of the rope I can tie some food and water for you to haul up. You must be famished. And then, if you like, I'll play you a song, to help pass the time."

Octavio will stay behind also (I'm hoping Tank will make better time by himself).

Kenku17

First Post
(OOC:since most people are staying here)

"Ill come with ya Tank, just in case you need to throw around a little extra muscle, although I hope it dosen't come to that" William says

covaithe

Explorer
Tank and William depart for the village. The moon is still bright, and they make good time back to the village. Still, it is a good hour's brisk walk to reach the small town. When they arrive, the main square is quiet, save for a bit of light and the sound of conversation and laughter and something that might charitably be called music coming from the tavern's door.

Meanwhile...

Jinx he calls up to the girl again. "Lara, I know it's scary, but - can ya see anythin' solid up there to tie the rope to, or loop it around?"

"I want my mommyyyyyy!" the girl cries, sobbing loudly. She makes no move to try to secure the rope, but neither does she drop it or the lantern that it's attached to. (ooc: Jinx's diplomacy: 5)

"Hello, Lara! My name is Octavio. If you can lower one end of the rope I can tie some food and water for you to haul up. You must be famished. And then, if you like, I'll play you a song, to help pass the time."

"A song? For me?" The girl hiccups and wipes her eyes, looking interested. She sits up, still holding the lantern tightly. "Would you please, mister Octavio? And... I am a little hungry." she finishes shyly. (ooc: octavio's diplomacy: 26)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases