GM1: Bizarre Bazaar

covaithe

Explorer
Round 2, continued

Trusting his companions to finish the dogs, Octavio dismounts and starts making his way toward the archer.

Phelan runs to William and delivers the healing touch, closing many of his wounds. (cures 6. He then brandishes a holy symbol of Halina, shouting "Back into the arms of the goddess, unholy... dog!" His words are perhaps not the most clever, but his faith shines true, and the dog turns to flee.

Jinx fires, while legging it westwards towards the cover of the rock, and diving down to a prone position to hopefully get good cover against the archer. If that sounds like a lot of things to do all at the same time -- well, it is, and ensuingly he misses totally; a psionically boosted bolt screams off more or less straight into the sky, vanishing in the far distance, never to be seen again by man or beast.

Tank goes berserk, hacking madly into the nearest opponent. His already massive muscles bulge as he shatters another canine skeleton into shards. He chases after the remaining skeletal dog.

Round 3

William retreats a little further, keeping the dog in front of shield, and striking at it agian. He lands a solid blow, but the blade glances off of the bone instead of slicing flesh as it was designed to do, and much of the force of the blow is wasted. (ooc: I'll go ahead and move you back on the map as indicated, but you may stay adjacent if you choose, since William will be able to see the effects of Phelan's turning.)

The bowman continues to fire arrows, targeting Tank again. A gust of wind takes the arrow, though, and it barely misses the barbarian, despite his lack of concern with self-defense.

The last remaining dog flees the divine radiance of Phelan's holy symbol, heedless of its own safety. (ooc: Tank, and William if he stays adjacent, get AoOs here. I'll resolve the move if the dog is still alive not dead after the AoOs)

Octavio...

Initiative
William 7/12
Bowman undamaged
Skeletal Dog 1 destroyed
Skeletal Dog 2 destroyed
Skeletal Dog 3 3 damage after DR, moderately wounded
Octavio 18/18, mounted <=== You're up
Phelan undamaged
Jinx 6/6
Tank 6/13 +2 temp, raging, 5 rounds remain

All allies affected by bless, 8 rounds remaining

map

Heckler

First Post
Octavio moves to the rocks, providing some cover as he starts moving toward the archer.

ooc: Double move, North 4 squares, East 2 squares
DODGE archer

jaker2003

Explorer
Tank climbs the hillside as quickly as he can, bearing west to get a clear run up. The raging orc manages to use passing boulders for breif cover.

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
(OOC:Question...does the slope count as Hampered movement?)

Crap, I thought I answered this a while ago. That response must be sitting open in a text box on some other computer.

Anyway, yes, moving up the slope (i.e. either NW, N, or NE) costs double the normal movement cost. Moving on the rocky area takes a climb check DC 10, and allows you to move 1/4 your speed, as in the climb skill description.[/sblock]

Kenku17

First Post
(OOC:Ok I was just double checking for running purposes)

William tells Phelan to go find some cover and then hikes up to the rock thats in front of him.

[sblock=OOC]Double Move:N,N,N,N,N ending right behind that rock.[/sblock]

Heckler

First Post
ooc: Are we waiting on me? What round are we in? If you need an action from me Octavio continues working his way up the east side of the hill.

Remove ads