- All characters must be created using the rules of the Pathfinder RPG Beta Playtest
or the System Reference Document
. No other sources will be allowed.
- All characters start at 3rd Level, at 3300 XP (the minimum for Fast advancement)
- 20 Point Buy for Stats (pg. 5 of Beta)
- Because this is a playtest (and I want to try out as many of the mechanics as possible) each PC in the group should start out at first level with a unique character class.
- Multiclassing after first level into classes already held by other players is permitted.
- HP calculated as follows:
1st Level: Max of HD + Con bonus + Racial Mod (see Pathfinder RPG doc)
Subsequent Levels: Half HD + Con bonus + 2 (if hit die is d6 or d8) or +3 (if hit die is d10 or d12)
- Standard wealth for PCs: 3000 gp, no single item may be worth more than half this value (i.e. 1,500 gp)
- Adventure will be set in the Varisia, the setting for the Pathfinder Adventure Paths, specifically in the region within the control of the city of Korvosa. Preference will be given to PCs whose characters use the fluff presented in either the Rise of the Runelords Player's Guide (Free PDF)
or the Curse of the Crimson Throne Player's Guide
. Note that I will NOT be using the feats presented in these two publications.
- No evil alignments
- Adventure Hook: Two years ago this party (or at least the majority of this party) was hired by a graduate of the Acadamae named Bargle to recover an ancient Thassilonian tome from a dungeon in the Mushfens. After recovering the book and emerging from the swamp, the party was ambushed by Bargle and his faceless stalker minions. Although you defeated his ensorcelled hirelings, Bargle was able to kill one of your party before escaping. Greatly saddened by the death of your beloved companion, you all swore revenge.
Ever since you have been on the evil wizard's heels, almost catching him after a chaotic chase through the slave bazaar of Kaer Maga 18 months ago. In the last year the scent of his trail has become very cold, until one of you received a tip from an old friend a few weeks ago that Bargle has relocated to an abandoned manor near the town of Baslwief. Newly invigorated by news of your prey, you now descend upon the ruined mansion of Mistamere, hard against the Fenwall mountains.