[OOC] [Eberron] Beer n Pretzles Keep on the Shadowfell

Graf

Explorer
@stonegod: Thank you, stonegod, you are my hero!

But: Tyron still takes 9 damage, the power only negates the crit :(

But your healing from Beacon of Hope heals all of them :D

Thanks again!

@Graf: Question:
My encounter warlord power gives another character an attack. Should I roll it in my post, or should the player of the character do it?

PS: Tyron is still listed as a human at the beginning of this thread, but he is a half-elf.
Forgot about the crit negagation (despite you having put it in your character post from time immimorial... but WD is right that it's a 1 point difference... maybe you should save it?)

WD,

I prefer that you roll it, same rational as the KK1 (i.e. waiting is a pain the butt... and it uses your intelligence.)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Forgot about the crit negagation (despite you having put it in your character post from time immimorial... but WD is right that it's a 1 point difference... maybe you should save it?)
Its a 5hp difference (9 vs. the maximized 14). If I don't use it, he's still down those 5hp. If WD's fine w/ those 5, I can save it...

Graf

Explorer
stupid EnWorld hanging constantly...

@stonegod: Thank you, stonegod, you are my hero!

But: Tyron still takes 9 damage, the power only negates the crit :(

But your healing from Beacon of Hope heals all of them :D

Thanks again!

@Graf: Question:
My encounter warlord power gives another character an attack. Should I roll it in my post, or should the player of the character do it?

PS: Tyron is still listed as a human at the beginning of this thread, but he is a half-elf.
Forgot about the crit negation (despite you having put it in your character post from time immemorial...)

... but...

per the compendium
[sblock=Armor]
Immediate Interrupt
Ranged
Trigger: An enemy scores a critical hit on you or an ally
Effect: Turn a critical hit against you or an ally within range into a normal hit.[/sblock]

So it becomes a 9 damage instead of a 10. It's a 1 point difference... maybe you should save it?)

WD,

I prefer that you roll it, same rational as the KK1 (i.e. waiting is a pain the butt... and it uses your intelligence.)

stonegod

So it becomes a 9 damage instead of a 10. It's a 1 point difference... maybe you should save it?)
As I mentioned above, it appears to be a 14->9, not a 10->9 (The roll). It is really it 10->9, I'll save it.
ooc: stonegod you can't shift diagonally through enemy squares...
You can shift diagonally near enemies as far as I can tell: Nothing about diagonal movement (pg 283: "You can move diagonally past most creatures") or shifting (pg 292). You can't move/shift around corners (which is what I'd prefer to do.

of course, still not a good option (too many OAs). Statically, our low AC cleric's going to be pasted.

Sigh.

I've edited Adain's action: Healing word himself, shift, move (w/ OA) so that Iridian can be hit in burst, :close: Beacon. Sorry, E13.

Graf

Explorer
Interesting. We'd agreed in another game that an enemy counts as a blocked square and you can't move diagonally through blocked squares.

I'll see if there's some kind of WotC post up about it.

stonegod

Seems pretty clear to me: You can move diag, just not through. Same as 3.5 in this instance. That quote on pg 283 is unambiguous.

Graf

Explorer
Thanks for the page. You are correct.
(thanks for your patience...)

Incidentally... what do you think about shifting across difficult terrain (i.e. you don't enter it, just past diagonally over it...)

Remove ads