Graf

Explorer
Great you go first (among the PCs)!
Will post to reflect your movement.
(Goes off to play with map tools).

Zaram's go.

EvolutionKB

First Post
I like the background idea you came up with. That is the general feeling I was going for(you read my mind). Sorry I couldn't give a more detailed idea first. Didn't have time to post until almost 1am and I had to get and work at 6...so sleepy...I'll give you a general idea of what I want to do in my combat post. You might have to work out the details, I probably won't be able to post until after 10pm ET

Walking Dad

First Post
Tyron or Torn is fine. Torn is the nickname.

Can I get the face of this pic as my map icon?

[sblock=image]
cah_illustration_color__20.jpg
[/sblock]?

Erekose13

Explorer
Character Name: Iridian Melideth
Current Nationality: Breland
Nation of Birth: Arenal
Race: Eladrin
Rank (if any) you held during the Last War: n/a
Pregen you're using: Eladrin Ranger (Riardon from DDXP)
Any modifications: none

Background: Iridian was born into a noble line on Arenal, the Melideth line. Many of his ancestors had gone on to join the Undying Court on Arenal. Iridian had a deep respect for the undying and had planned to spend his entire life serving them in the forests of his homeland. During the Last War, word reached Arenal of the victories that the Taer Valaestas and their new land of Valenar. Tales of the Last War and the departure of so many other elves prompted Iridian to seek an audience with the Court. His question to them was whether the elven people were destined to rule Khorvaire. He thought that if it was so, a noble like him would be a valuable asset in the foreign land and he would be able to spread the will of the Undying Court abroad. The answer that came back to him was positive, though obsequeous. He pondered the Court's answer for a long time before deciding on his course. He would travel to the war torn lands to lend the aid of the elves and establish himself as a noble there. His arrival in Sharn however was significantly less auspicious when his ship wrecked off the coast of Breland and he had to be rescued by passing fishermen. Arriving in Sharn now penny-less and without the gifts of nobility, he became one of the thousands of refugees heading to the city. It was there that he met Douven ir'Staul and became friends with the man. In his time Douven took pity on the lost elf and helped him find his feet in Sharn. After a time they lost touch, but when Iridian went looking for him again he was astonished to find the man had vanished.

Appearance: A typical noble elf, Iridian has thin almost deathlike features. (more to come)

Why would you go looking for Douven ir'Staul? see background.

[sblock=Stat Block]TBA[/sblock]

Running any games (on Enworld or elsewhere): at the moment only one, E2: The Secret of Gemhold [LEW], my signiture holds the link to all the other games I've run and played in here.

Graf

Explorer
EvKb
good; was worried the "new background" went too far. Glad that's not the case.
that level of detail is just fine for a post; the only thing that really matters is that I have an idea of what your character is doing.

WDwill do

Enekose
looks great! Welcome to the game! Iridan was scouting off the map but will return to the group in round 2.

Graf

Explorer
For the record the 1st combat post went up at 11:00 am my time. It's 8:42 now. So any more prospective players have a little bit over two hours to post applications and join the game. After that you'll catch up with the group at the next scene.

Graf

Explorer
Interrupts can't interrupt interrupts

My current understanding is that an interrupt can't be interrupted by another interrupt.

So normally when someone shifts, Brock can interrupt them and hit them. And he has another power (combat superiority) that says that if he's interrupting someone's shift with an attack, and he hits he stops the movement.

But if someone's shift is an interrupt then he can't interrupt them.

This matters because Kobold Dragonshield's have an ability (interrupt reaction) that allows them to shift whenever someone moves adjacent to them.
In this case Zaram took a Move action -> then the kobold reacts and shifts away -> (no interrupt from Brock) -> then Zaram completes his action (but he can't attack that kobold if it's shifted away from him).
Brock didn't get to interrupt and make an AoO.

Compare with Brocks Passing Attack
Attack first Kobold -> since he hits he can move but it's still part of the same standard action neither of the Kobold's "interrupts" have triggered yet (because it's a reaction it goes after) -> Brock makes second attack -> now Kobolds get to move (because Brock's action, in this case a standard action that involved moving is complete).

If I'm wrong we'll run the next combat differently, but that's my current understanding.

Also see this post. Key points only 1 interrupt a round and Brock can only AoO/shift block a marked enemy.

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Just wanted to add that I added my rolls to my previous post. I think I did this before you did your post, but if you want to keep things the way they are, that is fine. My breath weapon targets clockwise, closest to furthest, starting with the creature directly in front of me. If I have a standard action remaining, I'll trade down to make it a minor action to mark the kobold that shifted away from me.

Graf

Explorer
Urg...
edit: can we use my rolls? I totally missed your update until now.

The challenge is a good idea. Completely forgotten about that. The Paladin really has a lot of options...
The Kobold won't try to shift past Brock to get to you. So it'll take damage. Let me see if you also forced a miss on it's attack...
They both missed Brock already so it doesn't effect his damage total.

Last edited:

Remove ads