renau1g's Red Hand of Doom - Beta

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Round 3

ooc: I take it I'm now H on the map (was D).

Draxton raises is voice to the heavens,"The Great Eye of Helm sees my needs and this gives me strength."

Round three casting Bull's Strength(d) on myself and moving towards the group of hobgoblins.(movement 20')

[sblock=status]conditions +1 morale bonus to attacks and saves vs fear
+4 enhancement bonus to strength (STR:18 +4)

AC:21 Touch:12 Flatfooted:21
HP:53/53

New attack status: +1 (gt) heavy mace +10attack, d8+5damage, x2crit

Spells:
0-cure minor(x2),detect magic,read magic,mending
1-bless,divine favor,cure light(x2),enlarge person(d)
2-restoration-lesser,cure moderate(2),spiritual weapon,bull's strength(d)
3-dispel magic,meld into stone,heroism(d)[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
You all see a form moving in the trees along the eastern side of the path, from what you can see it looks like a hobgoblin carrying two blades, picking its way through the forest.

The skeletal owlbear lumbers out of the forest, its undergrowth preventing him from charging forward. The spectral hand flies forth from Scavenger and delivers a crackling touch to one of the advancing hobgoblins.

A hobgoblin wielding a mace and wearing banded mail, steps out from a side path and raises a symbol in front of him. "Undead creature, you dare to threaten me?". The symbol glows with a black light, and the owlbear begins to cower in its presence.

The glittering dust falls on most of the rushing hobgoblin archers, causing them all to grab at their eyes, crying out and dropping their bows.

A pair of dog-like creatures rush out of the path and flank the mace-wielder, growling menacingly at the party.

Sir Conrad holds his position for the moment laughing in scorn at the archers. Summoning more psychic energy to empower his next hurled mindblade strike at the next archer on the ridge to his left as he faces the squad of five rushing down the gully.

Sir Conrad takes a step back, making the squad work to close with him. The psychically charged mindblade reforms on his fist.

Yorgan steps forward and fires a bolt from his crossbow, striking the hobgoblin archer. His astral construct charges into the oncoming archers, but crashes unceremoniously into the ground, before recovering itself.

The forest-bound archers open fire, their arrows deflecting harmlessly off of the owlbear skeleton or the constructs toughened skin. The only hobgoblin not affected by blindness draws his sword and takes a swing at the construct, but the blow is nowhere near the target.

[sblock=OOC]
All, but the hobby at U27 are affected by blindness (well done!)
Knowledge arcana to determine what the dog creatures are.

Sword-wielder - 17
Scavenger - 16 a
Mace-wielder - 16b
Sohen - 14
'dogs' - 11
Sir Conrad - 5
Yorgan - 4
Hobgoblins - 3
Draxton - 1

Round 3 almost done (Draxton), then onto round 4

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Arabesu

Yorgon, round 4, because what he does can't affect Draxton.

The inept construct strikes the nearby ground with its fist.

Yorgan rushes down the ravine and at the end of his jog, all can see that his skin has taken on a scaly serpentine texture. He has left a trail of white flesh chunks behind him as if his weak man-flesh has been peeled off to reveal the thick hide beneath.

"Keep up the pressure. Don't let them retreat!"

[sblock=OOC]Construct rolls a 1 again! Why does it even bother? Still not a fumble though.

Moving 30 feet to J15 K13, and manifesting thicken skin +3, w/ 5% wild surge: no enervation, euphoric +1 morale for one full round.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Yorgan and Construct stats]AC 26 (28 vs ranged); HP 35 of 41; Fort 4, Reflex 5, Will 1; 32 PP remaining. Thicken Skin 70min, Dangersense ? hours, and 1 Astral construct in play (4 more attacks).

Construct: Type IV, Medium, Speed 40, AC 22, 47 hp, Slam +10 (1d6+10); improved fly (40 ft, average).
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
After Draxton summons the stregth of Helm upon himself and begins advancing along the path, the sword-wielding hobgoblin leaps out of the forest and charges at the human.

"You're mine Helmite, let's see if your god will protect you from me" he says, stabbing Draxton in the arm, leaving himself open to attack.

[sblock=ooc]
Sorry Jerrand, I started posting the post way earlier today, when I got called out into a meeting. Arabesu, he beats you in initiative so he goes first, please feel free to modify your characters actions.

Anyways, Jerrand, you get an AoO, but take 10 damage from the two-sword wielding hobby., he's at J15 - he's the B

H & h are the hell hounds, E is the mace-wielder.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jerrand Redband

First Post
AoO

[sblock=ooc]Who gets the AO Arabesu or me not sure from the post sorry know i'm last but work tomorrow won't be on till the evening trying to stay ahead[/sblock]

Draxton takes the lull in his opponents defenses to swing a blow backed by the new might of his god. The mace finds an opening and leaves a telling mark on the creature.

Attack = 17 Damage=8

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Scavenger

Scavenger moves forward and attacks the hobgoblin cleric through the spectral hand with crackling back energy.

[sblock=ooc]Move to h13
Spectral Hand (Charnel Touch)(to hit vs touch, damage) (1d20+5=9, 1d8+1=7)

Knowledge (arcane) (1d20+8=25) to identify 'dogs' as soon as he can see them.

Owlbear HP: 32 (One rounds remaining)

Stats:
AC=20 Touch=13 Flat-Footed=19

Fort:+1 Refl:+3 Will:+4

HP: 47/48 Dmg Red: 2/bludgeoning and magic

Spells Per Day (Save DC 13 + spell level):
1st - 5/6
2nd - 3/5[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Sir Conrad charges down the path to smash into the blinded oncoming archers. His fist punches deep into the lead hobgoblin's gut, his psychically charged violet mindblade crackling with psionically enhanced kinetic energy.

With a wrench he pulls the violet spike from the hobgoblin's torso, ready to strike down any attempt at flight.

ooc charge natural 20 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1611034/
13 for the confirm http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1611035/ (includes charge bonus but not including any bonuses for blinded target)

Damage 13 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1611037/

This discharges the psychic strike

[sblock]AC 23(21) T 14(12) FF 19(17)
hp 59/73
F +5, R +9, W +5
Attack +9(11) melee +1 psychokinetic mindblade 1d8+4+1d4 19-20 slashing magic (+1d8 Psychic strike, +2d6 psionic weapon)
Attack +10 ranged +1 psychokinetic mindblade 1d8+4+1d4 19-20 slashing magic r 30' (+1d8 Psychic strike, +2d6 psionic weapon)[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
With a word and a gesture, a grey mist sprouts from the forest. Somewhere inside, Sascha creeps towards the enemy.
OOC: obscuring mist, then Hide+Move Silently towards the forest archers (I'm assuming the forest does not provide concealment, so thus he is providing his own.[sblock=Stats]Conditions: 3 mirror images 57r
Active Spells: obscuring mist 60r, glitterdust 5r
AC 19, touch 13, flat-footed 16; +6 armor, +3 Dex; Combat Expertise
hp 34 (6 HD)
Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +5; +2 vs. sleep and charm

Spells Per Day (Save DC 14 + spell level, +1 if flat footed):
3rd: 4/4
2nd: 3/6
1st: 6/7
0: 6/6[/sblock]

Arabesu

As Draxton sweeps by him, Yorgan adjusts his course slightly, to let him pass and give the the Helmite the room he needs to swing his mace.

Now fighting back-to-back with Draxton, he scans the ridge ahead from east to southwest with the end of his crossbow.

Talking over his shoulder he asks his comrade, "Drax, how many are they? They seem to be multiplying. How are we doing?"

OOC Oops, Yorgon will end his move at K13, next to Draxton. I will edit the original post.

Last edited:

Remove ads