The Retaking of Forgehold OOC-4E (Full)

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
I don't do a lot of msn, to tell you the truth...

---

Mal is the master of akward morning. But it has usually more to do with incredibly bad karma than alcohol.

We could combine your brand of awkward with his...

He picks up Angel while she's completely drunk. Mal himself doesn't drinks that much ; too paranoid to let down his guard. So he's completely aware that he's taking advantage of a drunk chick. Instead of feeling bad about it, he thinks it's his lucky night.

Lucky indeed! ; Karma's a bitch ; that was the night a posse of religious fanatics caught up with the witch who consorts with demons, intent on burning her. Before he gets the chance to scream : ''I swear don't know her! She was too drunk to even tell me her name yesterday!'', he's attacked along with Angel.

Seeing that Angel is indeed a powerful warlock, he ends up 'heroically' holding at bay the fanatics from her while she fries their leader.

See, Mal is a fairly selfish man in a selfless profession. He knows his best chance to survive is to keep his companions alive which is his main motivation when helping first time companions. He is very loyal to long time companions, tough.

What do you think?

PS Charwoman Gene : Mal Malenkirk should suffer comical misfortune as often as possible when he indulge in his selfish nature. It's part of his charm. ;)

Last edited:

Vargo

First Post
Some thoughts on Telsayn.

An inspiration to his friends, and a stalwart defender of those who have the courage to stand up for themselves but lack the wherewithal, Telsayn is a Paladin of Bahamut. He's definitely NOT the classic "Lawful Stupid" paladin - he's not above a little skulduggery if needed. However, he also recognizes that he was made for walking through walls and not around them, and usually leaves such activities to those better suited to those sorts of tasks. He might complain about the morals such actions, but it's usually in a "wink-wink-nudge-nudge-know-what-I-mean" way instead of an outright condemnation. He's not one to tell jokes often, but he loves a good one, and when on the receiving end of a practical joke will often join in the laughter... Only to dribble a little bit of acid drool on some noncritical piece of equipment when the perpetrator isn't looking.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Tentative Explanation for the creation of the party. Join in with your bit at anytime and flatout refuse any implication about your PC that you don't like. Consider this just a first skeleton of a draft.

Mal and Mira (Shalimar) are sibling. Mal is a ruthless adventurer but he finds that Mira (who is Good aligned) keeps him disgustingly honest.

Mal and Angel (Sara) met in the previous drunken one-night stand incident mentioned two posts ago. They overcame the first wave of fanatics with timely assistance from Mira.

They run.

A second wave of fanatics catch up to the threesome some time later. But there is an actual tiefling in the vicinity when this happens. Mal basically throws him to the wolf : ''Look you maniacs, here is the true lord of evil you are seeking; our leader, an actual demon!'' It works and in the confusion they escape but the tiefling is captured and is going to get lynched.

That tiefling is of course WolfHeart (Velmont).

Mira vehemently opposes the tactic, in accordance with her alignment, and force the threesome to rescue the Tiefling.

Teslayn the paladin is already to on site to confront the injustice and arguing against the fanatics. They see Mal, Angel and Mira. Knowing that this is never going to end well, the threesome immediately attack before more diplomacy takes place.

Big brawl ensue, everybody works together seamlessly and fanatics are routed. Ironically, the about to be lynched tiefling is the one who hold the team together and ensures their ultimate victory.

Party is formed.

As a bonus, Teslayn is convinced that Mal is an heroic kindred soul (He charged dozens of fanatics to save a tiefling, after all) which irritates him to no end.

---

This is of course very Mal centric because it doesn't say what you guys did before entering the scene and because you didn't have your say yet. What do you think of this first draft and what would you add/remove?

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
I'd really like to play and I'd gladly try out a wizard seeing a "controller" is missing. I need some time to figure out the stats though.

Pinotage

Explorer
Given that everybody else has already statted characters or has access to the books, I'll withdraw my interest from the game. I'm unlikely to be able to create any character until I see a copy of the books in stores that I can browse quickly.

Pinotage

SarahRequiem

First Post
awesome stuff. that has to be the most entertaining game intro ever :p

well, boys and girl, I'm off to work. I'm that lucky person who gets to wake up at 5am way too often. =____=;;

Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Hey everyone. Your fearless GM here.

I'm moving the game into soft close as we have a viable number of players, looking to start on Tuesday June 3.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Here we go. I hope nothing is missing.

Arden d'Miral, Human Wizard, lvl 1

Str: 8
Dex: 10
Con: 14
Wis: 14
Int: 19 (+2 human)
Cha: 10

AC: 16
For: 13
Ref: 15
Will: 15

HP: 24
Healing Surges per day: 8

Trained skills:
Arcana +9
History +9
Insight +7
Nature +9
Religion +9

Languages: Common, Elven

Alignment: Unaligned

Feats (* bonus):
Ritual caster*
Armor proficiency (Leather)*
Improved initiative

Cantrips:
Ghost sound, Light, Mage hand, Prestidigitation

Spells (* prepared):
-At will: Magic missile, Ray of frost, Thunderwave
-Encounter: chill strike
-Daily: Sleep*, Freezing cloud

Implement mastery: Orb of imposition

Rituals: Comprehend language, Make whole, Animal messenger

Equipment:
Leather armor 25gp
Dagger 1gp
Adventurer's kit 15gp
Orb implement 15gp
Rare herbs 10gp
Alchemical reagents 30gp
4 gp

Arden is a 26-years-old, little short of 6-foot tall man. He is an arcanist, and a scholar. He comes from a family whose tradition occupation is arcane magic, but bears no arrogant attitude because of this, for he hasn't shown a magical talent as great as that of his predecessors till now. He is, though, a passionate student of the intricacies of his art, and has actually decided to travel as an adventurer to fulfill his thirst for knowledge and discover unknown rituals and ancient relics. He is quite healty for his occupation, though not particularly strong or agile, but he is firs and foremost a sharp, attentive individual. He has a lean physique and mid-long brown hair held by a short pony-tail. He wears simple functional clothes, at least when he isn't in his family's mansion. Arden worships Ioun as god of knowledge, but he isn't a fervent believer, he regards the god as a personification of his ideal in life. He is "unaligned" but will do good when possible and not in contrast with his goals. He isn't particularly a social man, but is cooperative when needed and actually in search for companions to aid him in his quest for knowledge.

Edit: I tweaked the stats a little bit

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
I was thinking that Arden could use the skill learning (heal) feat at 2nd level to get acces to healing rituals. It fits the character (search for knowledge=lots of rituals) and would take care of rituals for the party. What do you say?

Velmont

First Post
Mal Malenkirk said:
This is of course very Mal centric because it doesn't say what you guys did before entering the scene and because you didn't have your say yet. What do you think of this first draft and what would you add/remove?

Lol... that's too great. Love it.

Also, things that was never told:

Aelek Wolfheart had been secretly engaged by the fanatics' leader to track Angel. Once found, the Tiefling had pinpointed her location to him. The fanatic leader wanted to make sure she was there before paying Wolfheart. What Wolfheart didn't knew, but become obvious, it is the leader never had the intention to pay him, but to kill him once Angel found.

We will need to find a way to add Arden to that story. Also, if he join, I will change my Arcane Initiate, as we will have a controller.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases