Slaad Farming

The Iron Mark

First Post
Yeah, and then they would continue to make eggs and take over the world. Actually, that could be a good barganing tool.

Evil Wizard:If my demand of 1,000,000,000 gp is not met in 1 week, I shall set the Slaad on the world.

General:You wouldn't dare!

Evil Wizard:Watch me.*has his pet Slaad kill and eat the General*This is a warning to all of you!

Really cool plot twist. :D

MythandLore

First Post
gfunk said:
Alrighty guys, keep the ideas flowing! Since I will hit 12th level, my Sor *could* potentially take Leadership as a feat. My Charisma would be 18 (natural), so that would give me a Leadership score of 16 [11th level cohort] (DMG, p. 45). Looking at the examples of special cohorts, I'm not sure if a Blue Slaad would qualify (e.g. it may be too high for me, since an Eryines is listed 15th level equivalent).

I'm just wondering how I could manipulate the Slaads once they were imprisoned... Perhaps I could offer them freedom to Limbo if they completed a task for me, or some other favor?

Ideas?
Yeah, I'd think he'd be like a level 16 cohort.

I think charm monster is your best bet.

Crothian

First Post
The Iron Mark said:
Yeah, and then they would continue to make eggs and take over the world. Actually, that could be a good barganing tool.

Evil Wizard:If my demand of 1,000,000,000 gp is not met in 1 week, I shall set the Slaad on the world.

General:You wouldn't dare!

Evil Wizard:Watch me.*has his pet Slaad kill and eat the General*This is a warning to all of you!

Really cool plot twist. :D

Then General's army storms the Sorcerer and the Slaad, overwelming them and destroying the bodies totally.

It could work, just be careful. But, you still need control of the Slaad first. Drug their food with poison (hopefully they aren't immune to poinson) that lowers wisdom before using enchanment type spells on them.

gfunk

First Post
Right now, my Sor is running an extraplanar institute in a large building in the FR town of Ashabenford. I have a low level Sage in charge of research and a mid-level (9th) diviner who is a represenative of the mage's guild in Hillsfar to do a lot of the "dirty" work.

After we completed the Speaker in Dreams module, my PC made off with a ton of Alientist literature from the shop of insane sorcerers. Afterwards, she starting taking levels in Alienist (now will be my 4th) and she's just about to hit "Mad Certainty." If anything makes you "mad" with any "certainty" then slaad farming has got to be it.

Hmmm . . . come to think of it, do you think it makes a difference of the original Red Slaad progenitor is pseudonatural? Uh oh...

gfunk

First Post
Since our party faces a lot of evil spellcasters, I have a lot of fodder for Green Slaads too. I mean what's the fun in the boring old you kill a wizard, loot his corpse, and dump his body in a ditch (tm) routine? Maybe I should get him raised by some LE cleric then get a Red Slaad to implant his ass.

In that case, I could have one Green Slaad ruling the roost.

The Iron Mark

First Post
Good idea. Remember though, that if an evil wizard hates good people, he won't let a good cleric raise him from the dead. Just knock him out early in the fight and have him be impregnated by a Slaad when he's unconcious(sp?).

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
As I said before, is there any other creature we could do this to? We need more ideas!

Wights.

You need humanoids, not cows, but orcs breed like rabbits anyway :)

An evil cleric is limited by Hit Dice how many Undead he can control. But, a wight commands any spawn it produces.

So you can control an army of orc-wights through your one Master Wight...

-Hyp.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Maybe I should get him raised by some LE cleric then get a Red Slaad to implant his ass.

In that case, I could have one Green Slaad ruling the roost.

Stick to cows.

Get a druid to Awaken one, give it a level in sorcerer.

It's no fun if they aren't cows.

-Hyp.

Remove ads