The Raven Marches

Vertexx69

First Post
Halford said:
Can you explain your Spot and Listen numbers to me please? Remember they are cross class skills, I know you have Alertness and your Elven plus, but they don't seem to add up.

What is your Precocious Appretice Spell? And did you include the +2 bonus to Spellcraft?

Ae you aware of the Elf Generalist option for Wizards from Races of the Wild, certainly not essential, but you might want to consider it if you are not familiar with it.

I will also allow familiars without the payment of 100gp.

As for Familiar spell I do not own Underdark, but if you can send me the information for the feat I will consider it. I do know the Epic feat Familiar Spell, odd that they would reuse the name...
I don't know where I read it, but I seem to recall that any skill a toon has a racial mod for is always considered a class skill (plus a typo).

I was thinking about fireburst (SC p.93) as his PA spell, and no I haven't add in the SC bonus yet.

I don't have RoW so thats that.

Familiar spell gives 1 extra spell slot that is held in the body of the familiar. The familiar doesn't cast the spell, the wizard does. It has a prereq. of the spell mastery feat, and the spell stored in the familiar has to be one of those chosen when spell mastery was taken. (So its 1 extra casting of a 1st lvl spell.)

Last edited:

moritheil

First Post
Familiar spell is, IIRC, a really obnoxious version of the feat that gives an extra spell slot. :p

Racial mods are class skills for racial HD. It's a common house rule to add them as class skills, but it's not RAW.

OutlawJT

First Post
I have yet to work out the full story and details but let me throw down the barebone basics.

Dargo is a Shifter ranger with an impeccable sense of smell, an affinity for short sharp blades, and an uncharacteristically refined palette for someone with a tribal background. He'll be going two-weapon so you need not worry about him infringing on his fellow ranger's archery skills. He often seems a twisted or apathetic individual but a lot of it is his oft times morbid sense of humor. Dargo is an aspiring chef and is known for getting distracted momentarily when his nose picks up the scent of a potential ingredient for whatever recipe he's working on in his off hours.

Vertexx69

First Post
Are we going to be using Action Points in this campaign? Just out of curiousity :)

I ended up not going the Familiar Spell route after all. I went with Spell Thematics, letting thalmarose cast burning hands at lvl 2 for 2d4 :p and I changed fireburst to scorching ray since the range of fireburst is centered on the caster. If I can get the big bad guy inside the raging flame area then I can get +4 fire dmg.

Thalmarose will be using Magenta to speak.

Last edited:

Halford

First Post
If anyone drops Ivid you will be my first port of call, hope to game with you in future.

Vertexx69: No action points, I hadn't really thought about it, but it seems simpler without them. I might award rerolls, more akin to the luck domain, for exemplary play.

OutlawJT

First Post
Dargo

Male Shifter Ranger

Alignment: chaotic good
Size: medium
Type: humanoid
Base Speed: 30ft (50 w/shifting)
Space: 5ft.
Reach: 5ft.

Str: 14 (+2) - 6pts.
Dex: 18 (+4) [16base + 2racial] - 10pts.
Con: 16 (+3) - 10pts
Int: 10 (+0) [12base - 2racial] - 4pts
Wis: 14 (+2) - 6pts
Cha: 6 (-2) [8base - 2racial] - 0pts

HP: 11 (8base + 3con)

AC: 18 (19 w/shifting) / 14 flat / 14 touch (15 w/shifting)

Saves:
Fortitude: +5 (2base + 3con)
Reflex: +6(7 w/shifting) (2base + 4dex)
Will: +2 (0base + 2wis)

Init: 4 (5 w/shifting)

Base attack bonus: 1

Attack:
Kukri +5(6 w/shifting) 1d4+2
Sling +3(4 w/shifting) 1d4, 50ft

Skills:
Skill points: 24
Max Skill Ranks: 4
Craft(culinary arts) +6(4 ranks/2 tools), knowledge(nature) +4, listen +6, speak language (halfling, sylvan), spot +6, survival +6

Feats:
Shaky - Shifter Ferocity
Feeble - Longstride Elite
Lvl 1 - Weapon Finesse

Languages:
Common
Halfling
Sylvan

Equipment: kukri*2, MW studded leather, dastanas, sling (40 ammo), backpack, bedroll, winter blanket, silk rope, rations (6 days), waterskin*2, MW artisan's tools (culinary)

Proficiencies:
Simple Weapons, Martial Weapons, Light Armor, shields (except tower)

Class Features:
Track, Favored Enemy (humanoid(shapechanger)), Wild Empathy (use Wis instead of Cha per Shifter Ranger substitution level)

Race Features:
Low-light vision
+2 Climb, Jump, and Balance
Shifting 2/day, 8 rounds (5 + con modifier)

Info:
Dargo is a fairly private individual so his history before arriving in Daunton a few days ago is a mystery. He has yet to really open up to anyone so one can only guess at his life before by his appearance and behavior. He generally comes off as a very blunt individual, speaking very directly and without any concern for formality or etiquette. He has a somewhat jaded and morbid sense of humor as well which he lets color the few things he does say beyond replying to others questions. As few people get his sense of humor and he keeps a fairly serious demeanor a lot of the time most people interpret everything he says literally which can easily intimidate the average person.
Dargo has a faded scar running just vertically across his right eye. He has black hair tied into a tangle of dreadlocks (some of which are actually a dark orange in color) with bushy sideburns. His finely crafted bone studded leather armor is a faded black and he wears a gray woolen cloak in cold weather.

Halford

First Post
Vertexx69: I am afraid class skills will be limited to those on the classe's list.

OutlawJT: Nice to see dargo fleshed out. Did you post him in the Rogue's Gallery yet?

Oh and dreadlocks Dargo? *Cough* Where's your spaceship? *cough* LOL.

All: There will *gasp* be a combat shortly, but I will probably not post the map until Sunday or Monday, having just recieved my 4th edition books and being signed up as a DnD day DM I need to do a great deal of reading for Saturday!

Jemal

Adventurer
Aw frell, I knew we forgot something.. the ship'll be here in a few arns. (Nice to see other people who watched.;) )

Vertexx69

First Post
Farscape was the bomb :) When that show was on I had long hair and my friends called me Dargo (blades, hair, and violent temperment ;p)

@ Halford - I already changed the skills to reflect that in the RG :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases