4E Out-Selling Any Previous Edition. Good? Bad.

DragonLancer

Adventurer
With my experience at the FLGS where I help out (and I'll point out that we have have sold 0 product for 4E) that there may not have been a great demand so stores may not have ordered as much product as they could have.

Matthew_

First Post
jensun said:
Its more interesting when you realise that 3.5 outsold 3.0.
That would be interesting if true. I would be interested in any evidence you have to substaniate that. In any case, though, it is initial print runs we're interested in here, not total sales (as it would be useless to compare 4e's sales in two days to 3.5's sales in 4 years, unless 4e had supernaturally good sales, of course ;)).

Last edited:

Imaro

Legend
Is it that it has sold out everywhere online... or that it has sold out at the big discount online retailers? Are people willing to pay full price or more than Amazon because frpgames.com still has all the core books and the gift set available.

Matthew_

First Post
Imaro said:
Is it that it has sold out everywhere online... or that it has sold out at the big discount online retailers? Are people willing to pay full price or more than Amazon because frpgames.com still has all the core books and the gift set available.
It certainly hasn't sold out everywhere online. Three retailers mentioned above apparently have copies right now. Paizo also looks like they have them, but I can't be sure because of their 5-11 business days stipulation before shipping.

Wisdom Penalty

First Post
Matthew_ said:
...because of their 5-11 business days stipulation before shipping.

What the heck is that?

On other news, I paid full price at Barnes & Noble for a PHB even though I had pre-ordered the gift set some time ago. Now I have it, which is cool, but I wish I had just been more patient. Woulda saved me a couple bucks.

Wis

Remove ads