[3.5] A Dark and Stormy Night

Giant Boy

Explorer
Gordon Morringsruud

Gordon kindly, but hastily asks the undead beggar, Can you write in the common tongue on the ground, what danger this room is?

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
Dacen grasps his mace lits the torch high and starts to pace a slow circle around the room.

He says quietly, "I'd guess he would already done that if he could," and then goes back to scanning the shadows.

[sblock=spot and listen]
Spot and listen (1d20+2=13, 1d20+2=15)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Dacen]

Dacen
HP: 12 Current: 12 Nonlethal: 8 temporary Hp: 12 (extra)
Armour Class: 15 Touch: 13 Flatfooted: 12 without shield 13

Armour: 4

Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will:+5

Spells left:
DC 12 0th - Resistance, Guidance used, Detect Magic, Virtue
DC 13 1th - Magic Weapon, Magic Stone used, Enlarge Person used (Domain Spell), Inflict Minor Wounds

Abilities:
Turn Undead (4/day, 1d20+2, 2d6+2)
Protection Domain(Protective Ward 1/day, +2 Resistance on next saving throw, 1hr) used
Strength Domain (Feat of Strength 1/day, +2 Str 1/rd)

Weapon Attack Damage Critical
Heavy Mace +3 1d8+2 x2
Light Crossbow +3 1d8 19-20x2
Unarmed Strike +3 1d3+2 x2
Sickle +3 1d6+1 x2

Grapple: +7
Speed: 30'
Init: +2
[/sblock]

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Wow. This is crazy slow. It took nearly 5 minutes to load the "Reply to Thread" screen. :(

Dacen grips his mace and starts a slow circuit of the room. Xenon follows close behind, his psychic weapon at the ready. On the southeastern side of the room, Dacen spots a smear of dust and blood on the floor near the column. The cleric points it out to Xenon.

"It looks like it vanishes into the column," Xenon says. "A secret door?"

Sure enough, a careful search of the column reveals a cleverly concealed portal. Once the catch is found, the narrow door slides in and to the side, revealing metal rungs set into the inside of the column. The rungs lead down to a three-foot wide passageway heading due east.

Walking Dad

First Post
"But can we wait? There is life in danger!" Xenon says.

[sblock=ooc]

[sblock=Stats]
Xenon
HP: 13/16 - 9 non-lethal
THP: 9
AC: 15 / 14 / 11
Armor bonus: +4

Saves:
Fortitude: +2
Reflex: +6
Will: +4
+1 racial bonus on saving throws against powers,
spells, and spell-like effects.

Init: +3

Mindblade: +2 [1base + 0str +1WF], 1d6 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
Dagger: +1, 1d4 dmg, Threat 19-20/x2
Sickle: +1, 1d6 dmg, 20/x2
[/sblock][/sblock]

Giant Boy

Explorer
Gordon Morringsruud

OOC: Whew, I can finally bother to return to this game to post!

Weilding his longspear in two hands, Gordon keeps his ground, waiting to strike at whatever comes out of the door.

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
"This is a stroke of fortune. Clearly St Cuthbert is speeding our steps, have you ever taken a secret passage that did not lead somewhere of import?"

Not waiting for the others, Dacen hands the torch to Normin boldly climbs down the rungs, and waits for the torch to be past down.

"Come, let us see what awaits."

Aside- this might be better in the talking the talk forums but (shrug)

I'd like to invite you all to go check out my new adventure just release as a free open playtest today, by 6d6fireball. The Sanctum of the Fiery Ladder is about a hidden cults devious (and infernal) plots. Please check out the link in my sig.

Last edited:

Graybeard

Explorer
I guess we can't let him go by himself now, can we. Who knows what trouble he could get into. Norim says with a shrug.

After passing the torch back down, Norim will follow.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Dacen climbs down the shaft to the tunnel. With torch in hand, he is followed by Norim, Gordon, the undead beggar, and Xenon. Shoulders scrape against the walls of the narrow passage as it leads to the east and then takes a sharp turn due south.

The tunnel is oppressive. A putrid stench hangs heavy in the air. Broken cobwebs show obvious signs of recent passage. For a time, the party's footfalls and breathing are the only sounds. Then, after about fifty feet, a piercing, plaintive wail echoes off subterranean walls.

The cry is unmistakably that of a baby!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases