What do you do if you see SPAM?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I reported http://www.enworld.org/forum/media-lounge/247553-download-watch-movies-2008-a.html as spam and posted in the thread that I´m reporting it.
It´s still up; did I do anything wrong?
(I´ve seen spam reported and taken away during this time, so I´m guessing that something is wrong)

No, what you're seeing is the fact that the process for dealing with things that get through the filters is manual. It depends on a mod seeing your reported post. Whoever was dealing with spam posts since your report may simply not have looked at your report, or somesuch.

We'll get it - eventually. Have no fear.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Apparently reporting a post as spam counts as posting.

So I must wait 30 seconds between typing "spam spam spammity spam" in the report window, and typing "reported" in the quick reply box.

This is annoying. Please fix.

Thanks, -- N

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Type "reported" first, I think. Then you can report the post. Maybe a little more palatable - or not.

Thank you for reporting it!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Just out of curiosity...if you see someone doing a spam-storm, do you report ALL of the posts, or just the account?

I ask because there's someone called nanzheng doing just that right now, and I know I've reported about 6 or so of the 18 posts I've seen.

(I don't want to be a noodge, just trying to be helpful.)

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
We can delete all of a spammer's posts at once, so reporting one post should normally be enough. Of course, it can't hurt to point out in the report that the spammer has made more posts.

Aegeri

First Post
It has taken me this long to notice this thread and now I feel bad. I was confused why people were posting in spam threads, because I've never liked to encourage the sodding things by posting to them. Someone should have just PMed me that my reports were adding to a pile of them!

:(

Remove ads