WOTC needs to put a calendar for articles...

SSquirrel

Explorer
This is their way of driving website hits, which boost advertising, which might lead to people looking around the website more. Redesigning the website so it doesnt' suck would be more useful in enticing me to spend more time there really :)

fba827

Adventurer
This is their way of driving website hits, which boost advertising,

I don't believe they sell advertising space on their site. However, I expect that those higher than WotC ask for (or are presented with) webstats as a representation of interest/buzz for their products.

Edit: As an aside, in one of their "This month and beyond" columns, they mentioned that as they approach the FR releases, they will do the Monday, Wednesday, Friday site preview/article thing again since "it worked so well for the 4e core releases" -- they may continue that trend in general depending on how things flesh out.

Rechan

Adventurer
I've come to the belief that any time a list of 'Here is what we're going to put out when' is given, you won't them on time, because there are suddenly deadlines and expectations.

jfilesi

Explorer
The MWF schedule they're using covers both magazines total and they've followed it pretty well so far. They even put up an editorial for one of the magazines up on the 3rd to cover the 4th of July holiday being on a Friday. If you don't want to check out their site everyday though, a post usually appears in this forum pretty quickly after its made available on the WOTC site.

Rechan

Adventurer
If you don't want to check out their site everyday though, a post usually appears in this forum pretty quickly after its made available on the WOTC site.
Truth. The same can be said for Order of the Stick. Enworld is a useful tool, because there are far more obsessed people than you have to be.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I've come to the belief that any time a list of 'Here is what we're going to put out when' is given, you won't them on time, because there are suddenly deadlines and expectations.

Agreed.

I subscribe to their rss feed through my livejournal account, and it works very well for me.

Cheers!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases