Pirate4 Unconscious
Pirate5 Unconscious.
Pirate6 Unconscious
Pirate7
Pirate8
Pirate9 -6
Pirate10
Pirate11 -6

The pirate is caught off guard by Koryo’s kick, and is soon floating unconscious. The old assassin is nimble enough to pick the fallen pirate’s sword.
The captain fights like a surrounded cat, delivering cuts to both his attackers with the dao he holds in his right hand. His left hand is used to drink from a little bottle. “Came here with ol’ Captain Lin, ye’ salty good fer nothin’ dogs!” he provokes. Apparently the angry pirates are too furious to use their weapons proficiently against the cheerful fellow.
The remaining sailors fight desperately until they are mortally wounded by the pirates swarming around them.
[sblock=Map]
aguasturbulentasnx0.jpg
[/sblock]
[/sblock]
[sblock= Z & W]
Initiative order:
Lizard Demon
Ziang Yu
Wang Chi

Ziang’s bolt goes bouncing in the cave walls, wile Wang’s strike barely hits the foul creature, channeling his devotion through it. The Lizard demon hisses in pain. It shifts around Wang, and tries to sweep his feet with it’s tail, but it hits the boulder behind which Ziang is hiding.
[sblock=Map]
tunelapretadoem8.jpg
[/sblock]
[/sblock]
[sblock= Ban Lu]
“They were just driven by me to muting against the captain and you came nicely to anger the other ones.” He looks down for a moment. You hear the door cracking open, and the figure of the captain entering the room. He seems still weak, but in his eyes are like burning embers.
“So ye were the coward who poisoned me! I’ve hear everythin’ from behind the door. Officers! This bastard is walkin’ the plank today.” He says, before the officer that drove you hear appears in the door, followed by another.
[/sblock]
[sblock= L S K]

OOC: So, we have Lucky Leng thinking, Shen running after Master Jien, and Kaoru lost in a cloud of confusedness, right? Just to make it clear for the post [/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=LSK]ooc: Yes, Leng is thinking, but not for long. I imagine this as being no more than a round or two of hesitation. If it takes much longer than that to get anything from the insight check, Leng will abandon it and run after Shen.[/sblock]

Nightbreeze

First Post
[sblock=l s k] well, Kaoru tried an insight check, but rolled a five, so I didn't even bother posting it. And yes, he spends the round in confusedness, waiting to see what the others do[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock=Lucky Leng]
You focus your mind, trying your best to feel the world around you. Gradually the sound of the battle dissipates from your ears. Now you hear the gentle waves caress the sand, the seagulls singing their mating songs in the heights, the winds howling between the peaks of the Twin Mountains.
Your mind is in harmony with your surroundings now, and now you can focus in hearing the whispers of the spirits, and the voices Kaoru and Master Jien hear so easily.
You sense danger, a great danger approaching the school, probably what made Master Jien so nervous. You also sense a call from the past, something related with Kaoru in the battle taking place in the sea, something that you sense will bring a great change.
There is a shy feeling you sense, coming from high sea. You can’t tell what is it, or its nature, but you can feel it clearly. A sensation only comparable to that when you hear something moving in the night as you sleep, it’s unsettling because of your incapacity to tell if it’s a good or a bad thing.
[/sblock]

[sblock= L K S]
Shen and Go Tao spring behind Master Jien, followed by a lazy Kaoru, who is still quite disoriented. Lucky Leng hesitates uncertain of what to do.
The runners cover a good distance of the beach, despite the treacherous sand.
[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=voda]Koryo turns back, concerned, and says regretfully: I'm afraid your crew is gone, captain, and pushing aside the unconscious pirate's body, he steps at his side, swinging at the wounded pirate with a crossed double slash, freeing the seaman from his bind.

[sblock=actions]move to D14;minor:quarry on 1;standard:twin strike on 1 15 vs ac, 7 dmg;20 vs Ac, 4 dmg +5 quarry, non-lethal[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Koryo, human ranger 1
Init:+5 Speed:6 Insight:13 Perception:20
AC:15 For:17 Ref:15 Will:14
Hp:34/34 Surge:8 Surges/d:7/7
Basic/opportunity attack: scimitar +7,1d8+4 dmg
Powers: Twin strike, hit and run, careful attack
Two-fanged strike, Unbalancing parry, Channel Chi
Jaws of the wolf[/sblock][/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=LKS]Leng emerges from his reverie nearly as confused as before. Suddenly he makes a decision: If trouble and change are coming, he would rather face them at the side of his friend and master. "Shen! Master Jien! Wait for me!" he shouts, as he sprints after them[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Ban Lu

[sblock=Voda]"Captain, I'm glad to see you up and around, but as your healer I strongly recommend that you not engage in strenuous activity today. Perhaps you should leave dealing with this dog until you have more fully recovered? [/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock= L K S]
The path to the school is a long one. Your feet hurts and it’s hard to keep Master Jien step. The wounds didn’t help too.
After a while, when the group closes to the school gates, everyone can see a small black boat, with no sail. The boat is moving quickly to the shore. As you look farther in the sea, you can spot a big ship, also black, but with huge black sails. Kaoru is struck with strong energies emanating from both the boat and the ship. Dark energies.
Master Jien hurries down to the school.
OOC: You know you want it! Endurance skill encounter!
Roll endurance, you need 5 successes or 3 failures. The order doesn’t matter.
[/sblock]

[sblock= Ban Lu]
As you chat with the captain, a sailor comes down to the jail. “Captain, we are closing to the island’s beach. We spotted wreckage, it seems like one ship ran ashore and the other ran through it! There are men fighting in the water too.” The marine informed.
“Well more troubles, great!” the captain said, before having a violent cough attack. “Yer right, I need to rest, ye are in charge master” he says to you.
With a fixing glance to the officers, he orders: “Obey him!”
[/sblock]

[sblock= Koryo]
Initiative order:
Koryo -6
Captian -5
Sailor Dead
Sailor1 Dead
Sailor2 Dead
Sailor3 Dead
Sailor4 Dead
Pirate1 Unconscious
Pirate2 -16
Pirate3 Dead
Pirate4 Unconscious
Pirate5 Unconscious
Pirate6 Unconscious
Pirate7
Pirate8
Pirate9 -6
Pirate10
Pirate11 Unconscious

Koryo and the captain managed to knock both pirates down, with quite well coordinated moves. (and an awesome roll from the captain!)
The other pirates close walking in the waters that hampers their speed.
In the distance both men can see a ship, at full sail approaching the battlefield.
Also, in the beach, Koryo watches the people there running into the island, disappearing from his sight rather quickly.
[/sblock]

[sblock= Z & W]

Initiative order:
Lizard Demon -36
Ziang Yu -12
Wang Chi -7

The bolt pierdes in the demon’s flash, guiding Wang strip which strike trae as well. The demon growls and moves Hawai from Wang, trying to reach Ziang. The soldier’s mark makes effect but not as much as to stop the creature. The Lizard monster tries to catch Ziang with it’s arms, lifting the alchemist in the air. Imediatly, the demon beggins to bite him, tearing chunks of flash from the man, and swallogin them, dilatating the skinn Ander it’s chin.

Combat: Demon shifts and uses Devour on Ziang. It’s a hit so Ziang is now grabbed and the Lizard demon Hill deal 1d8 points of damage until Ziang escapes or the demon dies.
Devour [/sblock]

Remove ads