[OOC] Secret War

Leif

Adventurer
More Personality stuff added to Farim (post #18).

And I have a question: You say "The spellplague incident of 4e." What are you talking about? Have I overlooked something important in the 4e ph?

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
I'm going tp back out on that swordmage as there's plenty of interest in the game and work on Living 4th Edition is really picking up (swing by and check it out, links in my sig). This also frees up the swordmage if someone wants to run one.

Have fun!

renau1g

First Post
More Personality stuff added to Farim (post #18).

And I have a question: You say "The spellplague incident of 4e." What are you talking about? Have I overlooked something important in the 4e ph?

No it's a Forgotten Realms event, basically how they're going to re-boot the setting to fit the points of light idea and remove the super-powered NPC's (i.e. Elminster, Chosen of Mystra):

Here's the synopsis:

[sblock]
1385 DR (Year of Blue Fire)
The Spellplague: An unthinkable catastrophe ensues when Cyric, aided and abetted by Shar, murders Mystra in Dweomerheart. The plane itself disintegrates at once, destroying Savras and sending the gods Azuth and Velsharoon reeling into the endless Astral Sea. Without Mystra to govern the Weave, magic bursts its bonds all across Toril and the surrounding planes and runs wild. In Faerûn, this event is known as the Spellplague. Thousands of mages are driven insane or destroyed, and the very substance of the world becomes mutable beneath veils of azure fire that dance across the skies by night or by day.

Where once stood the realm of Sespech, the Golden Plains, and the Nagalands, the Spellplague reveals a surreal landscape breathtaking in its beauty, grandeur, and changeability. For the next century, active Spellplague cavorts on this territory called the Plaguewrought Lands, contorting terrain, natural law, and the flesh of any creature that dares enter.

Cormyr is struck hard, but not so violently as many other nations. Roughly one third of all Wizards of War are slain, driven mad, or simply have gone missing in the year following Mystra's death.
[/sblock]

For further information see: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/drfe/20080227a

Redclaw

First Post
With a defender slot opening up, let me introduce Rangok, dwarven paladin of Moradin. He is the prototypical dwarf. His priorities are simple, Moradin, then Clan, then family. He throws himself into battle with honor and selflessness, and he wields his warhammer with stoic determination.

Rangok spent his early days training with axe and shield, preparing to enter the time-honored tradition of dwarven martial prowess. As with all dwarven youth, when he and his peers reached the age of ten, they were brought before the temple of Moradin and shown the strenght and shelter of their god. There a venerable dwarf in glowing plate armor called on Moradin and began to glow with the red light of the forge. He spoke in a booming voice, challenging the young dwarves to search their hearts for the voice of the Great Smith. Rangok had never considered entering the ranks of Moradin's divine warriors, but he found himself inexorably drawn forward. Soon he stood alone in front of the aging warrior, calm and confident in the knowledge that his life had found new meaning.

Rangok continued his martial training in the temple, as well as learning to channel the strenght of his faith to bolster himself and to challenge his enemies. When he finally finished his training, he once again searched his faith for the next step on his path. At about the same time, one of his cousins was killed when a group of drow attacked a mining party. This incident, and his own convictions, guided Rangok to join the Mining Guild as a guardian. There he seeks to aid in Moradin's work by protecting others as they mine the ore that will be used in creating arms and armor. He knows in his heart that he is doing good work, but part of him yearns for a chance to make a bigger impact on the world around him.

Rangok is a vibrant and rigorous example of dwarfdom. His beard is braided and his hair is cropped close, to make his helmet more comfortable. His eyes shine with the conviction of his beliefs, and he carries himself with a strength of purpose in everything that he does.

His personality is driven. He does nothing half-way, and he doesn't hesitate to act. He has a tendency to be a bit overzealous and impulsive, but he usually gets out of trouble by committing fully to his chosen approach and bullrushing through adversity.

Last edited:

Pyrex

First Post
What's the current roster looking like? Still looking for more?

I'd love to try out a Dwarf Warlord.
(interesting details to follow..)

Leif

Adventurer
Hey, Pyrex, wanna make your Warlord and my Cleric brothers, if we both get in? I think there may be a precendent for this....

Chauzu

First Post
EDIT: You're welcome to join us Pyrex, I can push the group to seven. Let's see what you have in mind. :)

Concepts look good guys. :cool:

Graf said:
Or a half-ettin half-dwarf.
What?
Why are you looking at me like that?

lol, that would be interesting... :erm:

Well guys, looks like we have our six players. I've included your ability score rolls below:

The Digger
Thorfin Hardicanute, fighter
15, 13, 12, 12, 11, 9

Renau1g
Morrim Ironhand, warlock
15, 14, 12, 11, 10, 8

Walking Dad
Vondal Darrakson, wizard
17, 17, 14, 13, 11, 7

Leif
Farim, cleric
18, 15, 14, 13, 11, 7