What is PEACH?

Exen Trik

First Post
Isn't that kinda already implied though? Doesn't seem necessary to throw around big acronyms in thread titles just for that.

Just rubs me the wrong way for some reason. :erm:

the Jester

Legend
Isn't that kinda already implied though? Doesn't seem necessary to throw around big acronyms in thread titles just for that.

Just rubs me the wrong way for some reason. :erm:

PEACH, from what I understand, has been imported from the WotC forums, where (again, from what I understand) the critiquing process is often less welcome than on ENWorld. I don't hang out there enough to speak to this myself- but I agree. On ENWorld, everything gets examined and critiqued honestly. I think it's a silly thing to put in your thread title, but whatever.

Pennarin

Explorer
There's a lot of crappy/immature/angry nerd posters over at WotC's, for sure, hence the silly use of PEACH, which is like spam to the eye.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
PEACH = Please examine and comment honestly, at least thats how I've always read it.

I'm glad to have a good definition finally. I tried figuring it out, but when I looked at the urban dictionary (for hip terms I don't get), it gave me a definition not suitable for Eric's grandmother! I finally got the gist, but this is the first time I've seen a good definition.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
PEACH
1. A delicious fruit, now in season.
2. Cargo-cult invocation indicative that the poster is recently from Gleemax.
3. An indication that feedback other than praise is acceptable (Gleemax only).

It came about because there were large sections of the WotC forums where it was not acceptable to give feedback other than praise. Seriously. They were that bad. Now, people just add it to their titles because they see others doing it.

It's neither appropriate nor useful over here.

Cheers, -- N

Kzach

Banned
Banned
It's neither appropriate nor useful over here.
Although I'd agree, at the same time, there is a substantive difference between constructive and destructive criticism.

I'm all for honest feedback, but not when it's couched in vileness, or snark or the personal blatherings of people with an agenda. Which, I have to say, happens just as often here as anywhere else.

So although I think PEACH is redundant because people should just do that by default, I also think they should be doing it in a manner that is constructive rather than destructive. And since that doesn't always occur here, I can see why some people would want to remind others to play nice.

Remove ads