Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Brutoni

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Hehe, Merenwen is looking forwards to being thown into the air, firing arrows as she goes before attacking the lunatic of a sniper with her sword!!!!![/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Or, at the very least, that it's more Awesome(tm) if you get to the 2nd story without using the stairs. ;)
And of course our little run-in with orcs would be a dramatic tale - we've just had 3 crits in 2 rounds - one of them on a daily! - totally turning the fight around.[/sblock]

Dawn Raven

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
So I think in addition to the Tavern we should have a general RP thread for those of us that are on adventures. I mean, no one wants to leave their girl/guy sitting in a place not gathering up preecious XP XP Xp!!! So uh...yea. We should have a thread where those of us already on adventures can chat it up and such. Idk how it would fit into the whole... timeline idea thingie. and such. Okay maybe its a bad idea...but I like it. I'd like more time to converse with other players outside of the situation on hand (namely, murdering orcs in the name of a god Les doesn't believe in). Oh, and like..I want to talk to the other Gith!!!
/end another rambling post by the Raven
[/sblock]

Edit: This should be in the Discussion board. delete me! DawRaven's a fool!

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
The Merenwen flight attack powered by Les was outstanding. It was very creative. The sniper had no idea what hit him. What a fun adventure this has been!

Looking forward to more. :D

[/sblock]

Vlastos

First Post
The door to the bar swings open. In walks a man tall and thin, a wizard of some refinement, completely bald with many head scars, only in his late teens, yet sporting the latest in travel gear and a well shined pair of brand new boots. He pauses a moment to take in the environs and then heads straight to the bar obviously pleased to be back.

I'll have a bottle of Daunton's finest whiskey, he tells the bar tender.

After paying the man for the spirits, the tall thin man pours himself a shot and downs it. He then downs 3 more in rapid succession. A little while later, he backs himself slowly and deliberately away from the bar and finds himself an empty table where he can sit with his back to the wall. As the warm elixer fills his body and warps his mind, a big grin spreads across the man's face.

The adventuring life has been good to me, he offers with a slight slur to noone in particular. Then his eye catches one of the fine working girls in the establishment. In a miracle of finesse, she's over to him in an instant. After brief conversation, the two head by back stair for realms found only in the upper tier of the building.

Hope she's not a doppleganger, announces the young man unable to resist as still carrying his whiskey bottle, he climbs the stairs with his new prize by the hour at his side, bursting then into raucous laughter as he swats her behind.

You just wait and see, the beautiful woman replies laughing as the two pass through the curtain at the top of the stairs.:D

OOC: obviously, there's a famous ongoing game of pay to play coed parcheesi happening upstairs...

...gotcha.

OOC: Also, I seem to hear the voices of many of the "nonpresent" Hoofchew bricade in the tavern. Perhaps they could keep it down some (or entirely) until they've earned the right to reenter the Tavern as victorious adventuring heroes like me (and others) instead of just vaporous forms! Please see the Necromancer's Skull (DM'd by the great Garyh) for one example of true heroes in action, and then perhaps you might finish off that blasted orc who has been so deleterious to your party, and thereby win your own acclaim! I only bring it up, because people who are really here are trying to party and execute business deals. Though there's no rule against using the tavern as an away from character location discussion thread, it's better for both ambiance and clarity here if you don't. B-)

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
OOC: Also, I seem to hear the voices of many of the nonpresent Hoofchew bricade in the tavern. Perhaps they could keep it down some until they've earned the right to reenter the Tavern as victorious adventuring heroes instead vaporous forms! Please see the Necromancer's Skull (DM'd by the great Garyh) for an example of true heroes in action and then perhaps you might finish off that blasted orc! I only bring it up because people who are here are trying to have a good time.

Kruk's vaporous form leaves the Tavern with his head down in shame and his axe dragging behind him...."Byyyyeeee byyyeeee....hhhhhoope to beeeee baaaackkk soooonnnnn"

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Seven Rabbit wakes with a start, scattering papers. He rubs his forehead, and grimaces as his fingers come away stained with ink. "Must have fallen asleep," he mutters.

Glancing around, he notices that a few new faces have appeared the tavern since he dropped off. He ponders for a moment, then hops up and waddles over to the blue-black dragonborn. "Pardon me, sir! You seem like a tasty gentleman... uh, I mean a 'gentleman of taste!'
I am Seven Rabbit, astrologer to the stars!" He bows theatrically. "Would you care to have your fortune told?"

JRYoung

First Post
Following shortly behind Vlastos reentering the tavern is his friend Skalisss the Dragonborn Paladin. Not Seeing Vlastos he shrugs and makes his way to the bar. "Now where did that one make hisss way off to now?" he wonders in his hissing drawl.

"Barkeep, beer for a parched traveller pleassse my good man."

Brain

First Post
Vixo the kobold is also seen entering the tavern, back from adventure with a grin on his face. He sits next to Skalisss and enjoys a drink.

Remove ads