D&D 4E Wonko's 4E Auto Character Sheet + Custom Power Cards

Orcus Porkus

First Post
Bonuses do not stack. If you have two feats that grant bonuses, you gain the higher of the two, not both. His math is correct.

I agree, but my dwarf's only feat is Dwarven Weapon Training - so there is no potential stacking with other feats. The bonus from DWT should be added when using powers with the weapon keyword.

It doesn't matter in this particular case, but it's not true that feat bonuses never ever stack. They do stack when the bonus is situational, as explained in PHB page 192.

Quote:
Most feats give you small, static bonuses to one of the
numbers on your character sheet. When picking feats,
there’s one important rule to remember about these
bonuses: Bonuses of the same type don’t add together
(or stack).
Some of these bonuses apply in any situation.
These are defined as feat bonuses: Great Fortitude
gives you a +2 feat bonus to your Fortitude defense,
and that bonus is always in effect. If you have two
feat bonuses that apply to the same number, only the
higher bonus applies—the bonuses don’t add together.
So if you have both Alertness (which gives you a +2
feat bonus to Perception checks) and Dragonborn
Senses (which gives you a +1 feat bonus to Perception
checks), you have only a +2 bonus—the bonuses don’t
add up to +3.
A bonus that’s untyped (such as one expressed as
simply a “+2 bonus”) usually applies only in certain
situations. These situational bonuses reward particular
combat tactics. For example, Combat Reflexes gives
you a +1 bonus to attack rolls with opportunity attacks.
Unlike feat bonuses, however, untyped bonuses stack
with themselves. If you have both Defensive Advantage
(which gives you a +2 bonus to your AC against a
foe when you have combat advantage) and Defensive
Mobility (a feat that gives you a +2 bonus to your AC
against opportunity attacks), you have a +4 bonus as
long as both circumstances apply.
Bonuses of different types stack as well. If you
have Fleet-Footed and Fast Runner, you have a +1 feat
bonus to your speed all the time (from Fleet-Footed),
and an additional +2 bonus when you charge or run
(from Fast Runner). So your speed when you charge is
3 higher than it would be if you had neither feat.

brehobit

Explorer
#1 BEST SHEET EVER!

Really, it does nearly everything I could want.

#2 on the questions list
* Is there an easy way we can change font sizes on the power cards?
* The daily powers don't seem to print correctly for me in black and white. Again, is there a nice way to change the formatting of the bar at the top?

#3 Feature request
* It would be nice if we could select the powers we want to show up on the cards. I personally don't need/want the at wills.

All minor things, but any help would be welcome.

This thing is great!

Mark

brehobit

Explorer
Bug reports. Will update this as I find em.

1. Appears as if you don't need armor prof. to take armor specialization
  2. Spell damage bonus feats (burning bliz, etc.) don't show up as a bonus in the power cards (that sounds tricky to do)
  3. It seems people get too many skils (always 1-4? I'm not sure) But they all give the +5. Wizard is the case I confirmed.

Last edited:

Wonko the Sane

First Post
Version 1.38 released (see first post).

Appears as if you don't need armor prof. to take armor specialization
Fixed in 1.38

Spell damage bonus feats (burning bliz, etc.) don't show up as a bonus in the power cards (that sounds tricky to do)
Fixed in 1.38 (it was tricky :p)

It seems people get too many skils (always 1-4? I'm not sure) But they all give the +5. Wizard is the case I confirmed.
I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Is there an easy way we can change font sizes on the power cards?
Not really...an earlier request I had was to make the cards all the same size. I haven't found a way to both wrap text in a merged cell and shrink the font if it is necessary. If I figure this out, it'll be implemented posthaste.

The daily powers don't seem to print correctly for me in black and white. Again, is there a nice way to change the formatting of the bar at the top
Not really. It took me a long time to make those look pretty, and they print really nice on my color printer.

It would be nice if we could select the powers we want to show up on the cards. I personally don't need/want the at wills
You could just opt to not print the first page or two as well.

Just wodering if you be adding new books like FR or more important for my game, Adveture's vault, if so, is there any kind of eta, no big
It's in the works. Unfortunately, the DevTeam (me) is a lazy bastard. ASAP.

The other bugs mentioned up till now have been squished, hopefully permanently.

Glad you guys like it :)

WtS

brehobit

Explorer
I'm not sure what you mean by this.

I _think_ that you get too many skills. Wizards seem to have arcane plus 4 others, rather than the 3 others they should have. (+ human skill).

On the power cards, it would just be nice if there was a list of fonts and/or sizes for all the cards. It prints too small for my eyes.

Glad you guys like it :)

Very much so!

MrBobC

First Post
Is there a way to transfer characters from one version of the sheet to the next? I just made my PCs characters on the 1.37 version and now the bugs I discovered are fixed, but I don't want to have to redo everyone's char. sheet if I don't have to (naturally).

Wonko the Sane

First Post
Is there a way to transfer characters from one version of the sheet to the next? I just made my PCs characters on the 1.37 version and now the bugs I discovered are fixed, but I don't want to have to redo everyone's char. sheet if I don't have to (naturally).

If my Excel-fu were at a black-belt level, maybe. I'm not a big fan of doing it manually either, but I've done it. For every ****ing version. Sometimes twice. For now, you'll have to use the keyboard, quaint as it is :p

brehobit

Explorer
More bugs if you want em.

1. Figured out the skill bug. Humans (at least Human Wizards) seem to get a bonus skill on the skill list _and_ a bonus human skill.
2. Resounding thunder doesn't seem to change burst/blast areas (again a real pain I suspect.)
3. Multi-class healing word should be once/day, not as often as a real cleric (it's listed as a daily that can be used X times/round.)
4. I don't see a way to add a holy symbol for a wizard/cleric multi-class.
5. Utility list doesn't seem to include the epic utility (at least for an archmage)
6. Hit points (at least for a wizard) are computed off of initial CON not modified CON (by levels or what have you)

Feature suggestions
1. It might be good to have a list of resistances someplace. So Fire 5, Thunder 10 or something. At high levels items hand them out like candy.
2. Currently you aren't required to take paragon powers. However, per the PHB you are required to take and keep them (and epic for that matter). Maybe a bug, but eh.

Again, looks really really good. The latest update is great!

Last edited:

Remove ads