New Discussion Thread

Halford

First Post
Okay, there is one fairly important issue I feel needs to be addressed - and it may have already been resolved though if so evidently I am unaware of it.

How big is the Isle of Daunton? I remember hearing Graf say 30 miles across, and Goblin King saying he had assumed thousand. My own personal preference is to have it be about half the size of Britain, perhaps a thousand miles by eight hundred. I would want at least a couple of hundred.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Personally, I'd like to see it bigger than 30 miles myself. Not huge, but 30 miles is TINY. That leaves almost no room on the island for any unknown places to adventure in. And if Daunton is only 30 miles, then the other near isles are even smaller.

Also, recruiting is now open for the MONSTER PIRATE ADVENTURE! Applications are being taken by the Orc Captain currently in the Hanged Man Inn! I thank you all for your ideas for adventure names. I think I'm going to go with "The Captain's Caper" for a title. Unless I come up with something better before I start the adventure thread. I'll wait to do that until I'm done recruiting though.

covaithe

Explorer
Ah, yes, the old "How big is Daunton?" question.... it's been kicked around a few times, but I'm not sure we ever actually agreed on an answer. Graf, can you remember how things ended up?

I think that, even if we decide something small, you should generally assume that Daunton is big enough for your adventure. If that causes space-time to be a little... inconsistent from time to time, eh, who cares?

Eryndur

Explorer
Hi everyone! I've spent the entire day scouring the forum and wiki, and now I'm concocting a character submission. Huge props to those who have lent their creative, organizational, and technical skills to this living world. The Transitive Planes are just plain awesome.

I'm submitting an elf cleric from Kythira, and noticed that there was no regional benefit for the isle. I don't mind forgoing the benefit, but I was just wondering if there was a reason for the absence. Looking further, I see that the other Proximate Isles are all represented, with the exception of the Isle of Opposition (which is basically spoken for with the benefits of the Vale of Bones and the Empire of Jade).

garyh

First Post
Welcome, Eryndur! Glad you like the setting and will be joining the game.

There's been some discussion of the regional benefit for the Fey Court in this thread:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/238820-character-generation-regional-benefits-2.html

I *think* the Fey Court resides on Kythira, but I might be mixed up. But the island itself might merit a separate benefit.

Probably best to discuss this topic in more detail in that other thread, though, if you want to propose something.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases