Advanced Player's Guide questions

PeelSeel2

Explorer
I am looking at buying this PDF after it has the errata (Mouseferatu or jgbrowning could you post here when it is available?). In the meantime, I was wondering about a comparison between the WOTC play test barbarian and this one?

I am really curious. Thanks!

catsclaw227

First Post
I am looking at buying this PDF after it has the errata (Mouseferatu or jgbrowning could you post here when it is available?).
For now, this is what I am doing as well. I don't have the kind of disposable income I had with 3.x, what with those pesky wife and kids (and mother-in-law) running around the (new) house. :p

Oh, the halcyon days of buying everything I wanted..................

CrimsonHawk

First Post
APG Savage Warrior vs WotC Barbarian? Well, the first is a Martial Defender while the second is a Primal Striker. That's the most telling difference. Rage is also handled differently in the WotC version (it's basically activated when you use a Daily power and grants different benefits).

On a slightly less important note, we now know that Primal powers are called evocations and that the PHB2 will feature goliaths.

tsadkiel

Legend
APG Savage Warrior vs WotC Barbarian? Well, the first is a Martial Defender while the second is a Primal Striker. That's the most telling difference. Rage is also handled differently in the WotC version (it's basically activated when you use a Daily power and grants different benefits).

The Barbarian also becomes overtly supernatural at higher levels, with rages giving them elemental auras and turning them insubstantial and the like. And the Barbabrian looks more complicated to me than the Savage Warrior does. But the two classes can easily coexist.

That's really too bad. Given the amount of errors that have already been found in this product, an update might have made a purchase more enticing for me, but thanks anyway for answering my question.

I understand everyone has different purchasing inputs and that not everyone will be satisfied with our solution which I believe to be fairly industry standard.

joe b.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases