(IR) What would your PC do, if he or she received the Sending of the Wanderer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Ronald

Explorer
To GnomeWorks:

Ambassador Guillaum Dolanor speaks highly of the sincerity of your desire to use technology to make a more prosperous world. Based on our meetings with you, we welcome the Lortmils Technocracy as a good neighbor. I am trying to determine the truth of the nature of the Torillians. The Kevellond League believes that someone is trying to slander the good and industrious people of the Lortmils Technocracy; it may be that Toril is being slandered. We are trying to determine this. We believe that the peoples of Oerth should determine the future of the world that we love. We expect to have the truth about Toril soon and ask anyone who wishes to work with us to join us in our efforts.

For now, we would like to work with you on preventing any unnecessary violence towards your country. I am still waiting to hear from several of your neighbors. As a neighbor, trade partner, and ally, I suggest you send some ambassadors to better explain your position. We ask for your assistance in preventing the rise of Vecna. I will also arrange diplomatic introductions to the Baklunish-Esmerin confederacy, who I am sure would wish to speak to you. It seems that we have common cause against Vecna, who would view your nation as a threat.

We would like to work with you in managing your natural resources, so that the natural beauty of the Lortmils is preserved as you build your resources. We are also interested in farm implements.

SerpentEye:

Emperor of Aerdi, it appears that some of my allies are still considering their options. I am still carefully considering your non-agression pact. If it comes to pass, than many nations will have a non-agression pact with the Empire of Aerdi.

However, there is a common threat to all of us. A foe that threatens your plans for advancement and all of us. I propose that we act against Vecna soon... while there is time. I have contacted those nearest his threat. If we act quickly, we can stop him. We implore you to ask those with whom you are allied to consider ending the threat of Vecna. There are many who would not like to see his return to power, including your allies. Iuz the Old is hated greatly by Vecna. Even he, secure in his power, may feel the need to act. Indeed, the threat of Vecna may produce allies in many places.

(I really am logging off soon. Have to eat and get to my game tonight. I suggest that we focus on negotiations until we get some more people on board. I suspect it will be slow tomorrow in the U.S. because of the Superbowl. )

To Frigid_Spleen:

Celestial One, do you not hear my urgent call for counsel. If you do not reply soon, I will have to hazard a journey to Toril myself. I, Gwilym Raonul, am only a mortal man. However, I will go to Toril by myself if I must.

To everyone I e-mailed:

Friends, I had to take some action. I hope I did not strain our relations by doing so. I am trying to organize an Oerth Alliance to try to determine our relationship with Toril. So far, I have severe doubts about the message that we received. I also am trying to work with you in assessing the present situation and dealing with common threats. Also, we need to stop Vecna. Anyone interested should contact me or tell Edena. (I am going out so I left some instructions.)

Edena:

As per my earlier e-mail, my ambassadors may or may not have arrived where I told you. I am going to be away tonight.

I am trying to make the changes in my territory happen successfully and gradually. Read my earlier e-mail.

Also, I am very serious about what I said about Vecna in my post.

Kalanyr

Explorer
We cannot supply you with slaves since we have none (having either killed or freed them in our preparations) but we can supply you with a few Hill Giants for labour if you desire them and other riches you could no doubt use to hire others for your workers, all we wish in return is access to wood and other such supplies we cannot find underground.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Turrosh Mak

The Lortmils Technocracy accepts your invitation to an alliance.

We will assist those we are allied with in preventing the rise of Vecna.
We will provide technological weaponry, armor, etc., to those we are allied with, if you ask for it.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Kalanyr is gathering a group of the mightiest of drow and demons and arming them with the best equipment he can get they set forth to fight Vecna gathering allies as we go to do battle with Vecna himself. We're taking an army of drow and giants with us to hold of Vecna's legions hopefully long enough to smite down the archlich.

Kalanyr

Explorer
As far as I know the Drow are allied with

Iuz
Demons
Church of Shade (and through them Yugoloth)
Orcs of Pomarj
The wartorn empire of Aerdi

Hopefully Kaz,The unseelie and other Underdark races will join us
(And something seems to be happening with the Knights of Luna)

Kalanyr

Explorer
I somehow left out I will also be bringin the mightiest well-equipped Giants I can find with me. (Silly me)

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
... Pomarj is now allied with the Lortmil Technocracy. GnomeWorks, could you confirm this...

Yes, I can confirm that. Lortmils is allied with: Pomarj, Kevellond League, and Empire of Aerdi.

GnomeWorks, isn't it wonderful?

They all want to ally with you, while half of them are threatening to crush you.

It is up to you who you give out technology and technomancy to, but ...

I NEED TO KNOW NOW if you are giving out technology, and technomancy (your UC benefactors and you came to an agreement at the very beginning that you would not do anything of the sort, until they gave your permission to do so!) to any of the powers of Oerth

Oh yes, quite wonderful. :D :) :(

At the moment, no, Lortmils is not handing out technology/technomancy. I have hinted that we may be willing to give some out to who we are allied with, if we are asked to, in preventing Vecna's rising - but we are not giving it out yet.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
We start doling out firearms, advanced weaponry, etc. etc, to those who are allied with us. Vecna needs to be handled, and it looks like we're handling that right now. Hopefully the UC won't be too upset, if we just give out a little bit, and collect everything we've doled out once we're done with Vecna.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads