Tale Weaver's Vampire: The Masquerade Game Board

Tale_Weaver

First Post
Welcome to the Game! We will be playing Mon-Fri. Check the board at least once every 24 hours so that you can keep up with what's going on. I will be making posts between 4pm and 7pm (and later if need be). If you are visiting this thread I ask that you please not make any posts if you are not part of the game.

Thanks

Tale_Weaver

First Post
Welcome To Denver

Denver is the capital city of Colorado and is located at the foot of the Rocky Mountains. Known as the Mile High City for its elevation of 5,280 feet, it sits at the intersection of three major Interstate Highways - I-25 running North to South, I-76 and I-70 both running East to West. The Denver metropolitan area includes a number of cities, all of which are positioned around the city proper and add to the sprawling urban mass. The business district is located in the heart of downtown Denver, near the intersection of I-25, I-76, and I-70.

The inner city areas of Denver are highly populated at roughly 1.7 million. These areas are beginning to suffer a great deal from gang-related violence, inlcuding drive-by-shootings.

Outside the metro area, one finds to the east farmland and ranches, and to the west, the Rocky Mountains. The agricultural hinterland is a mere 20 minute drive from the inner city area.

Within the limits of the Metro Area are several state universities, including the University of Colorado and Metropolitan State College. While the University of Colorado has campuses in both Denver and Boulder, its noted medical school is in Denver.

Colorado offers a variety of night clubs and bars including The Broadstreet where the band Seventh Son can be found playing there almost every Wednesday night. The 24th Diocese is a dance club owned by a guy named Tony. It features two dance floors, canned music with a DJ, and of course a bar. On weekdays it is open until 1am and on weekends until 4am.

Tale_Weaver

First Post
Starting Out

It is Halloween day and you all are going about your daily business either in Denver or getting to Denver. Each of you has an important plot device to work into your intro somehow.

Clover

You hear about a Halloween party happening at the 24th Diocese. Anyone who is anyone is going to be there...

Ruby

It's been confirmed! You heard a rumor that Prestor has a house on the outskirts of the Metro area. Inquire around to get more details.

Koln

You get a call from your superiors that a powerful vampire named Thaddeus is in the area. You are asked to investigate and report your findings. If conflict is unavoidable then do your best to subdue the monster. Choose your equipment wisely (and within reason). Thaddeus will most likely be taking advantage of the large number of people going out to the clubs for Halloween, your best bet is to find him at either the 24th Diocese or The Broadstreet.

ladyphoenix

First Post
"Prestor..why me?" Ruby pondered as she wanders the metro area of Denver. It was strange to be traveling for so long away from her Amish village and family. "what should I do first?" She passes by a consignment shop that had a beautiful but simple victorian dress. She purchased it, considering it a baby step towards blending in with the society she was thrown into. She then notices a nightclub with blaring lights. There has been a buzz in the air that a Halloween party would be held there..whatever that holiday means. Ruby makes her way inside with one goal in mind, to locate the whereabouts of Prestor...

izillama

First Post
Mindy pushed the flier into Clover's hands once again, "Forget about studying for once! You need to get out there tonight. It's Halloween, for Christ's sake!"
Clover frowned and looked at the flier. 'I see five spelling mistakes. What idiots wrote this?' Scanning it quickly, she took in the gist of it, 'Mindless fun for the mindless. How pointless.' She looked at Mindy, "I have a biology test tomorrow."
"You're coming."
"I don't want to."
Mindy crossed her arms, "Then you know what?"
Clover sighed, "What?"
Crossing the room, Mindy picked up Clover's biology book and opened the window.
Clover felt herself grow angry, "You wouldn't dare..."
Mindy dropped the book with a grin. Clover heard it fall. Judging by the time it took to hit the ground, it must have fallen thirty-six and a half feet, give or take an inch.
Straight into the fountain in the front of their dorm. Splash.
Clover was infuriated, but then sighed and turned away. What was the point of getting angry? Why was she worried about the test? It wasn't like she was going to live to see tomorrow anyway. She drew a calming breath, "Whatever."
Mindy grew worried. She had been hoping to incite Clover into a rampage, "You don't care?"
Clover shook her head and began rummaging through her closet, "Fine. I'll go to the party." 'Why not? If I get drunk, maybe no one will be surprised when I hurl myself off the building tonight. I want to die.'
Mindy became excited and began to babble on about the party--helping Clover choose clothing and makeup and jewelry.
Clover let her.
She didn't care anymore.
Finally, Mindy left the room to use the bathroom, "You won't regret it! It's gonna be so much fun, girl!"
When Mindy left, Clover's face dropped from it's feigned happy facade. She was tired of trying to make this girl happy.
Crossing the room, she leaned out the window and looked down. She saw her biology book a few stories below: a muddled mess submerged in about three feet of water.
The fountain was large and, Clover noticed, blood red.
Slowly, she lifted her large lavender eyes to the setting sun. It shone orange on the horizon: an orb of light surrounded by the blood red sky.
It was unsettling, yet beautiful.
'I'm never going to see the sun again.'
For a moment, Clover contemplated her decision. But no. She had had enough. She was tired of being the weird one. Her life to this point had been such a waste. It was time to send Angelica Edwards to the grave.
It was time to die.

Strider_Koln

First Post
Koln lets out a cheerful laugh as the soccerball rolls off of his foot into the hands of the ten year old goal tender. Just as the ball is about to be served, his watch chimes, and he looks down at it, realizing that it is time to prepare. He thanks his small companions for letting him join their game, and after patting their heads and swatting random high-5s he turns for the rectory. His duty is certain, despite whether or not it has the Holy See's approval, he is to protect innocents such as these at all costs. The thought of one of them becoming an "undersirable" (vampire, witch, heretic, etc) makes him shudder with rage and disgust.

As Koln walks, he notices the trees losing their leaves, his feet making the expected "rustling" sound as he walks back. Indeed it was a time of death... or rather, of reaping the undesirables from the pure. Upon arriving home he looks one last time at the Latin-scribbled note he received yesterday, along with the photo of his latest prey.

"Damn... a vampire..." Koln mutters to himself, recently coming off of executing an entire coven of mortal witches related to the infamous Katherine Harrison of CT in the 17th century, This latest case is different... he opens his locker and looks inside... immediately snatching his cross and holy water he blessed himself without thinking. He scratches his chin, pondering what else he should grab... the Spas-12? FAMAS? the mp5-k? He needs to keep it quiet and powerful, he will be in public.. and his target is surrounded by others... His original plan of taking him out via a sniper rifle simply won't work, the vamps will smell the gun powder and be on him in a sec after firing. He just has to get up close and personal... stalk him, but keep hidden, and wait until his target is alone. He grabs a S&W PC 356 (handgun, praying outloud as he loads each round into the magazine, loading and pocketing it in his coat.

He remembers that his target will be going to some club, ironically called the "24th Diocese." Indeed, it is ironic that this fiend thinks he can hide from the eyes of the Lord in such a place. With a few adjustments to his outfit, he easily passes as someone costumed as a Puritan preacher. Granted, he is not masked, but he figures that the type frequenting this club are probably not from the church-going population, so no need to conceal his face. After praying, he stands and leaves the rectory for the club.

izillama

First Post
Clover cringed at the pounding music, but tried her best to keep up a smile. She and Mindy were next in line to enter 24th Diocese, and Mindy couldn't be more excited. Grinning from ear to ear, Mindy turned on her Texan charm, "You're gonna have so much fun tonight, Clove!"
'I hate when she calls me "Clove".'
"Next!" The bouncer called out roughly and the two girls shuffled forwards, producing their ID cards.
The bouncer looked slowly from the card to each of them in turn, "Neither of you looks 18. Do I need to call the police?"
Mindy put on a fake pout and adjusted her shirt, pulling it down slightly, "Aw, come on now, mister. You ain't never seen hooters like these on a 17-year-old before, have you?"
Clover was shocked. She choked slightly and turned away, feeling the bouncer eyeing the two of them again.
"Alrighty then. Go on in."
Mindy bounced up and down on the balls of her feet and grabbed her cat tail in happiness, "Thank you, mister!" Then, she dragged Clover past him and into the depths of the club.
Though she had grown up in New York City, Clover had never seen anything like this. The atmosphere was dark and dreary (not only because it was Halloween). The air was thick with sweat and too much perfume, and the stench of beer wafted from the bar and washed over her senses with such voracity that she felt instantly sick.
But still, she kept up a smile for Mindy. 'I wonder if she'll miss me when I'm gone?'

Tale_Weaver

First Post
The 24th Diocese

For those of you who still want to roleplay, feel free to play it out a bit more. For those heading to the club read below:

The sun has just set casting only a slight glow on the horizon. As you walk through the streets you see little monsters of all kinds walking along side you. Children dressed in their favorite costumes are beginning their trick-or-treat rounds. Ghosts, witches, and even vampires (ooooh *shiver*) are among those you see in the crowd.

As you get closer to the club you start to hear the loud music blaring through the walls. From the outside the 24th Diocese looks no different from any other building with brick walls and dark windows that are impossible to see through. In front of the club are two bouncers whose unfriendly demeanor is only surpassed by their large size. As you make your way through the line they stop you.

"Can I see some ID please?" :rant:

Koln

A little vampire child jumps out at you and catches you by surprise. You realize that it is only a child in costume.

Strider_Koln

First Post
Koln breathes deeply as he slowly marches down the sidewalk, watching the myst of his breath fade into the air. The priest dressed from head to toe as a Puritan preacher, very convincing at that. He is surrounded by demons, ghosts, ghouls.. enemies all around, and yet this is when he feels the most alive. As he walks he hears children giggling and imploring families with the usual "Trick or treat!"

He leaps back as he's confronted by the small vampire, immediately reaching in his coat. "Oh! A ghastly vampire?! I know exactly how to handle your kind!" Koln yells out before producing from his pocket a hershey bar. He gives it to the child and gently pats him on the head, after making sure his parents are close by. Despite the innocence of the holiday, there is plenty for parents to worry about... especially with "people" like his current target on the loose.

It is not long before Koln starts to hear the blaring music from the club, which he follows. He notices two girls in the front of the line, both of which seem no older than 18, they definately stick out. He makes a mental note to keep an eye on them too, they are putting themselves in great danger in their quest for some thrills. Soon it is his turn in the line, and he of course has little problem entering, despite being 30 he can easily pass for someone in their mid 20s, and fits right in with the gothic-costumed college-aged patrons. Upon entering he immediately keeps his eyes open, scanning the different patrons through his peripheral vision and reflections on drinking glasses, avoiding any direct eye contact with his target. In pure Neoplatonic fashion he is able to remove himself from the unnecessary material distractions of the cute costumed girls, pungent booze, bawdy and vulgar exclamations, and poppy industrial music.
Fortunately for him, as he assumed, the people inside do not seem familiar... they have not been attending weekly mass, what a shock.

"Sinners in the hands of an angry God..." The story continues...

izillama

First Post
Clover rolled her eyes, clearly sicked and bored by Mindy and her games. Soon after entering the club, they met up with some friends of Mindy's. And, soon after that, Mindy ran off with her friends after some guys, leaving Clover alone in the middle of a crowded dance floor.
Clover took a deep breath and crossed her arms over her chest, 'Thanks a lot, roomie. I really appreciate the help.'
Slowly, her lavender eyes scanned the dance floor for anything to hold her interest. She felt out of sorts among so many foolish people. All they seemed capable of was dressing like gothic sluts and pretending that their mindless bump and grind motions were some sort of dance.
"Hey cutie. Are those tick-tacks in your shirt or are you just happy to see me?"
In alarmed disgust, Clover whirled and saw two young men standing shoulder to shoulder behind her, grinning from ear to ear, 'Are these two f-ing kidding me?'
The one who had addressed her eyed her from head to toe like a cat hungry for some milk.
Narrowing her eyes, Clover cursed the costume Mindy had made her wear: a Catholic school girl outfit which was two sizes too small and unbuttoned promiscuously.
For some reason, he didn't seem to be wearing much of a costume himself. But he had a box affixed to the front of his jeans, and Clover was completely oblivious and indifferent to what this could signify, if anything.
The other young man with her stood tall and quiet in a bright purple jacket. He had a strange red smile splashed across his face and had dyed his hair a hideous shade of green. Was he some sort of moronic attempt at a clown?
Either way, Clover found that she didn't feel too happy.
She stared them down and stated sardonically, "What's that ringing? Oh, I think that's your village calling. Their idiots are missing."
The boy with the box laughed, "Aww, isn't that cute? The little girl called us idiots." He stepped forward and began to circle behind her.
Clover felt her heart skip a beat in distress as she followed his movement with her head. Then, she realized that the clown had begun to circle her, too. In the middle of this crowd, no one was paying attention to a poor girl being harassed. Every other girl on the floor seemed to revel in it, after all.
'Damn you, Mindy! You couldn't have left at a worse time!'
Following the clown man, she suddenly jumped as the box man placed rough hand on her shoulder, "You're right. That was our village calling. They say that they want us to bring you for a little visit."
She smelled his foul breath and, though normally completely calm and in control, found herself frightened.
Didn't anyone notice that she was in trouble?!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases