Tale Weaver's Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Board

izillama

First Post
Your instructions were too confusing. I'll just wait until I see you tomorrow so that you can help me :)

(And since I'm so bored, I've just been chronicling the story in my profile. It's fun ^.^)

Strider_Koln

First Post
I was looking throgh the Discipline guide and this ability caught my eye. It seems like it would come in handy in the RP, but it has "Heightened Senses" and "Aura Perception" as prerequisites. Dumb question, but does that mean to use "The Spirit's Touch" I must have also matered those two other abilities, or merely know them?
By the way, to pass the time I have been working on a Koln family tree. Most of the time when Koln zones out, he is living out a segment from an ancestor's life. It is his ancestors haunting Koln out of vengence for his failure, breaking the bond his bloodline had with the Holy See, and thereby putting his ancestors' souls and any of his descendents into Hell. Or so he thinks that's what's going on... I will leave it up in the air for now.

The Spirit's Touch
You can sense the psychic impressions left on objects.

Prerequisites:
Aura Perception, Heightened Senses
Benefit:

By handling an object and entering a light trance, you pick up psychic impressions
from the object in the form of mental images or rapid sensations. Most impressions come
from the last person to have handled the object, but two circumstances overrule this. First, a
long-time owner or user of the object leaves a stronger impression than a more recent but
shorter use by someone else. Second, experiences associated with strong emotion leave
more significant psychic “fingerprints,” overriding those from more casual use. Some items
have so many handlers or insignificant attachment that they give muddled images or none at
all. The typical impression you receive is the owner’s identity or a strong memory associated
with the object. The sensations are usually visual and exact identification is not guaranteed;
you may perceive “a blond man in a business suit and red tie” rather than “Jack Hartman
of Hartman Law Partners,” though mundane clues on the object may allow you to identify him
(such as a monogrammed briefcase or a name tag). The images may be brief or run a minute
or more depending on the intensity and relevance of the psychic impression. You can use this
ability on a creature to witness its most recent dramatic, tense or passionate act. You must
touch the target, and it receives a Will save to resist (DC 10 + your Hit Dice + your Wisdom
modifier). Especially intense and recent impressions may give the target a penalty to its save
at the GM’s discretion. You perceive the events from the target’s viewpoint.
Malkavian:

You may delve deeper into an object’s or creature’s impressions, receiving a
second image or vision that is weaker than the first.

ladyphoenix

First Post
what do i do with this constitution roll i made earlier on this board?
1d8+6 → [6,6] = (12) Constitution roll
Do i add it to something on the sheet?:-S

Tale_Weaver

First Post
what do i do with this constitution roll i made earlier on this board?
1d8+6 → [6,6] = (12) Constitution roll
Do i add it to something on the sheet?:-S

You add it to your hit point total. It's not a constitution roll, it's for your hit points, you just add your constitution mod to it.

Tale_Weaver

First Post
I was looking throgh the Discipline guide and this ability caught my eye. It seems like it would come in handy in the RP, but it has "Heightened Senses" and "Aura Perception" as prerequisites. Dumb question, but does that mean to use "The Spirit's Touch" I must have also matered those two other abilities, or merely know them?

The Spirit's Touch
You can sense the psychic impressions left on objects.

Prerequisites:
Aura Perception, Heightened Senses

What that means is that you have to already possess the abilities "aura perception" and "heightened senses" through level ups before being able to get "the spirit's touch". It's just a way to balance out the game because in the storyteller system you would be putting points into auspex and you would need to learn all of the abilities in order to get to the last one anyway.

Just to be clear, when you level up a discipline you go to the NEXT ability in that tree. So if you have Auspex and you decide you want to put your new point into that then you get "Aura Perception" and not "Heightened Senses II". You still keep "Heightened Senses" but you get a whole new ability. The only disciplines that are exceptions to this are Celerity, Fortitude, and Potence. Those 3 go from level 1-5.

Tale_Weaver

First Post
I gave $15 to get the title "Story Teller" under my name instead of "Registered User" :p

Here's the order we'll be going in for the sewer fight:

Clover (20)
Hive Master (19)
Koln (18)
Rats2 (12)
Ruby (10)
Rats3 (6)
Rats 1 (3)

Tale_Weaver

First Post
If Clover and Ruby run they can get down to Koln in one turn. If Koln breaks out of the net he can't attack that turn but he'll stand up making him harder to hit (especially for the rats).

Strider_Koln

First Post
If Clover and Ruby run they can get down to Koln in one turn. If Koln breaks out of the net he can't attack that turn but he'll stand up making him harder to hit (especially for the rats).

Am I allowed to roll to get out of the net, attack the hivemaster and each rat in one turn? It would make things faster, and fair too. You kinda just did 17 damange in one turn to me... From that it makes more sense to just stay in the net, i just took 17 damange. If I leave the net and use a blood point, get back 10 health, I will probably lose another 15+ dmg from them and probably die. And if I was to search my surroundings for something to help me fight, would that take up a whole turn too?

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases